Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson added to December's UFC 141 event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson added to December's UFC 141 event
POLL: Who takes it?
Hyun Kim 91% (20)
Pierson 9% (2)
FastKnockout
10/3/11 3:56:56PM
A welterweight contest between two fighters looking to rebound from their first octagon losses has been added to UFC 141, as Dong Hyun Kim meets Sean Pierson.

UFC officials today announced the new matchup.

"Two talented welterweights on the comeback trail will face off at UFC 141 when Sean Pierson takes on the 'Stun Gun,' Dong Hyun Kim," UFC president Dana White stated.

LINK
FastKnockout
10/3/11 4:08:35PM
Big step down for Kim imo.
Twenty20Dollars
10/3/11 4:25:14PM
I think it's sort of right opponent, as DHK got taken out by Condit.

Plus I think a lot of opponents are locked into fights, but idk dont feel like checking.
gartface
10/3/11 4:29:36PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I think it's sort of right opponent, as DHK got taken out by Condit.

Plus I think a lot of opponents are locked into fights, but idk dont feel like checking.

This.

The welterweight top 10 all seem to be locked up at the moment, or at least the fights that make any logistical sense to Kim.

Glad to see the UFC is keeping him warm, or possibly setting up Pierson for the upset and his own run.
Bubbles
10/3/11 5:08:37PM
Pierson was on a Toronto sports radio station at like 2:40ish and he said he was hoping to be on that card and cant confirm the rumor. glad to hear this is taking place. good fight and a good test for both fighters
shaneTpain
10/3/11 5:28:35PM
Big fan of my fellow countrymen Pierson! BUT seems like hes being fed to the wolves with this match-up.
Budgellism
10/3/11 5:41:48PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Big step down for Kim imo.

I'm thinking the same thing. I read DHK's name and then I read Pierson's and it just didn't make sense to me. I'm guessing they aren't impressed by what DHK brings to the table.
Chael_Sonnen
10/3/11 7:26:41PM
The Canadian is going to get rag dolled for 15 minutes by Kim.....I don't think Joe Silva likes Pierson.
Kpro
10/3/11 7:50:56PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm guessing they aren't impressed by what DHK brings to the table.

Very rare I find a fighter grating to watch but DHK is one of them because he is intentionally boring once in a dominant position. I'm not saying fighters need to finish, and his grappling is great, but he doesn't fight to win. He fights not to lose in my opinion.

Not likely, but nothing on the card would make me happier than a TKO by Pierson.
prozacnation1978
10/3/11 8:26:59PM
With every welterweight in the ufc top ten fighting this year
Only conclusion would be shields vs kos
Or they wait till next year for a opponent
KungFuMaster
10/3/11 8:33:54PM
I don't even know who Pierson is but I hope Kim starts his comeback trail with this fight.
Chael_Sonnen
10/3/11 8:39:12PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I don't even know who Pierson is but I hope Kim starts his comeback trail with this fight.

Pierson got KTFO against Ellenberger awhile back......Pierson also had a wild fight against Matthew Riddle.
Kpro
10/3/11 8:52:14PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by KungFuMaster

Pierson got KTFO against Ellenberger awhile back......Pierson also had a wild fight against Matthew Riddle.

Pierson has 8 of his 11 wins by strikes and has maybe average jitz. Stun Gun is a 4th degree Judo black belt who smothers opponents with his grappling and strikes on the ground.

If Kim doesn't get the finish it would be a huge disappointment for him imo.