Donald Trump: "We have finalized the second fight card"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Donald Trump: "We have finalized the second fight card"
kastro_316
7/24/08 2:17:54PM
DreamFighters.com

Interview with Donald trump, talks about Fedor and next affliction shows!
RMFG_187
7/24/08 2:30:16PM
Trump seems very "politically correct"

No favorite fight etc. But he sounds like he knows what he is doing. I was hearin him after he found out that they didnt break 250 000 buys, and sounded even more hungry to get another show goin.

His fighter payrolls definitely sent a message. If u fight with Affliction, We will make u Millions.
TWITA
7/24/08 2:49:50PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Trump seems very "politically correct"

No favorite fight etc. But he sounds like he knows what he is doing. I was hearin him after he found out that they didnt break 250 000 buys, and sounded even more hungry to get another show goin.

His fighter payrolls definitely sent a message. If u fight with Affliction, We will make u Millions.

Don't quite agree with your last quote as Tom A. has specifically stated in a couple interviews that Affliction will need to button down expenses next time around. I really think that Afflication overpaid the fighters as a warning shot at the UFC. However, I can't imagine that they will continue to pay their fighters excessive salaries and break even (or barely earn a profit) at their events.
jocka
7/24/08 4:50:02PM
You have to love The Trump lol
whardin19
7/24/08 5:21:49PM
Trump doesn't know what he's talking about. He's got someone writing down what he has to say in interviews like this. Before Trump bought into MMA you never heard of him being a fan. As for him saying there going to compete with the UFC. I wouldn't mind it. But, I"m going to have to see it to believe it. Especially after those outragous salaries for there first event.
IriShame
7/25/08 3:48:30AM
So do you guys think it's a toupee or just a well manicured comb over? I'm just curious.
Red-Dragon
7/25/08 8:20:03AM

Posted by whardin19

Trump doesn't know what he's talking about. He's got someone writing down what he has to say in interviews like this. Before Trump bought into MMA you never heard of him being a fan. As for him saying there going to compete with the UFC. I wouldn't mind it. But, I"m going to have to see it to believe it. Especially after those outragous salaries for there first event.

I doubt a successfull businessman like Trump would require any assistance with interviews.

He has probably been in many high pressure business meetings were one wrong word can lose you the deal.