Don King Productions WTF?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Don King Productions WTF?
disorderlyvision
9/28/08 4:44:30PM
Did i miss something? i don't remember anything being posted about this. apparently don king has ann mma production now. and monson subbed kerr in the main event last night.

link

boxing's most infamous promoter will quietly make his first foray into MMA tonight with Vengeance FC's debut show in Concord, NC. The card, organized by Don King Productions, is available to stream free of charge online at DonKingTV.com and boasts a main event featuring former UFC and PRIDE heavyweights Mark Kerr and Jeff Monson. The undercard is also loaded with some interesting names, including Carmelo Marrero, TUF7 alum Cale Yarbrough, and local hero John Savage squaring off against Gracie black belt Marcos "Conan" Silveira, a late replacement for mentor Carlson Gracie who makes just his second MMA appearance since 2002 after serving time for his involvement with an ecstasy smuggling ring.

Aether
9/28/08 5:04:52PM
f*ck don king. Stay in boxing, asshole.
TimW001
9/28/08 11:37:33PM
If the hardcore MMA world, us, didn't know about this, with a main event of Mark Kerr and Jeff Monson, this org is on it's way out.
MMAcca
9/29/08 1:11:55AM
Check the spoilers forum, the results were posted as they happened on saturday night
Pskinner_mma314
9/29/08 4:08:07AM
Don King............ Oh wait, the same guy who came out and said mma lacks "civility," and that,"in mma, years of rules are being thrown out the window."?

Don King can lick a chode. He doesn't like the fact that mma is takin over his sport, and that his boxers are one dimensional, and can't keep up with the evolution of great fighters, so he loses money.

Feckoff
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/29/08 7:59:22AM

Posted by TimW001

If the hardcore MMA world, us, didn't know about this, with a main event of Mark Kerr and Jeff Monson, this org is on it's way out.

Amen to that... I had absolutely no clue of this going on.
disorderlyvision
9/29/08 5:36:19PM
I'm kinda suprised more people haven't commented on this. Don King is usually reffered to as the man who ruined boxing, and now he is getting involved in MMA and not too many people seem concerned.
Ben_Hutch
9/29/08 7:23:03PM
MMAcca
9/30/08 1:30:08AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Fool
dust
9/30/08 3:40:36PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Don King............ Oh wait, the same guy who came out and said mma lacks "civility," and that,"in mma, years of rules are being thrown out the window."?

Don King can lick a chode. He doesn't like the fact that mma is takin over his sport, and that his boxers are one dimensional, and can't keep up with the evolution of great fighters, so he loses money.

Feckoff

That's an ignorant statement.