Don Frye undeterred by loss, looking to continue fighting career

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Don Frye undeterred by loss, looking to continue fighting career
SmileR
9/4/08 8:44:52AM
Although approaching 43 years old, UFC, PRIDE and K-1 veteran Don Frye (19-7-1) continues to ply his trade in the MMA business. However a recent submission loss to Ikuhisa Minowa (40-28-8) has caused many to question the aging veteran's fighting future.

Frye recently joined TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) to discuss his disappointing loss, and he spoke candidly about his desire to continue to fight despite approaching an age where most choose to retire.

"I didn't show up to fight," Frye admitted. "I showed up to just drink beer and ended up looking at the lights at the top of the ceiling. He opened up a can of whoop-ass I couldn't close.

"Like a dumbass I thought I could go out and charm my way to a victory because I was Don Frye. Unfortunately he didn’t find me charming."

Any time a fighter of Frye's age experiences defeat, questions are immediately raised about their thirst for competition.

Link
prozacnation1978
9/4/08 11:11:28AM
just retire already tom selleck
wrona666
9/4/08 2:37:35PM
"I love beer" said don frye
iwannabesedated
9/4/08 2:41:20PM
After Shamrock EXC should have Frye Fight Kimbo.Best Stache in MMA Vs the best Beard in MMA.
cowcatcher
9/4/08 2:43:40PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

After Shamrock EXC should have Frye Fight Kimbo.Best Stache in MMA Vs the best Beard in MMA.

the facial hair belt would hold a lot more water than the yamma belt
Aether
9/4/08 2:50:43PM
rofl, well at least he's still hilarious.
MMAcca
9/4/08 2:59:04PM

Posted by cowcatcher

iwannabesedated
9/4/08 3:02:36PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cowcatcher

Of they could have Gillette Razors sponsor the fight and have the loser shave their facial hair off..