Don Frye talks Kimbo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Don Frye talks Kimbo
Porch28
3/29/08 3:31:41PM

With MMA's network television debut two months away, EliteXC has yet to name an opponent for headliner Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (2-0). One rumored match-up has been ruled out, however: Don "The Predator" Frye (19-6-1).

Frye addressed the rumored bout during his weekly "Don Frye-Days" segment on Friday's edition of TAGG Radio (TAGG Radio Network - Home of TAGG Radio & The Lights Out Show!), a content partner of MMAjunkie.com (MMA blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps - MMAjunkie.com).

FryeStache
Mchubb316
3/29/08 7:54:03PM
Iam so glad Frye will not be fighting Kimbo. I think Frye would end up knocked out, and it would just delay Kimbo's progression and growth in MMA . Obviously this is my opinion.
chubbud22
3/29/08 8:01:37PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Iam so glad Frye will not be fighting Kimbo. I think Frye would end up knocked out, and it would just delay Kimbo's progression and growth in MMA . Obviously this is my opinion.

Ya I would like to see Kimbo fight some one that is in the top 10; I know that probably wont happen, just wishful thinking.
Kracker_Jap
3/29/08 8:41:32PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I think Kimbo would be the one KO'ed
Near07
3/29/08 9:52:59PM
I talk to Big Daddy Gary Goodrich last night and he was saying he really wants to fight Kimbo, his words "Kimbo is fake and needs to get his block knocked off in public" He said that himself and Butterbean have both called Kimbo out and that Kimbo can fight the winner of Gary/Butterbean, which will be Gary.
Tein_Lung
3/29/08 10:10:00PM

Posted by Near07

I talk to Big Daddy Gary Goodrich last night and he was saying he really wants to fight Kimbo, his words "Kimbo is fake and needs to get his block knocked off in public" He said that himself and Butterbean have both called Kimbo out and that Kimbo can fight the winner of Gary/Butterbean, which will be Gary.

except that fight is not happening anymore
Near07
3/29/08 10:32:00PM
Yes it is this is what Gary sent to me last night:

"Just post on it, that you talked to me and I told you it was all bogus and I already talk to Bob M Yesterday being Thursday. We got everything straight. I have but one Manger and it is not Dave Wallis"

So right from gary Goodrich's mouth, he is indeed still fighting Butterbean in Yamma. He told me "he will not let Bob (who got him into the sport) or his fans down"
Porch28
3/30/08 9:47:46AM
Was anyone able to prove yet that Forrest Griffin ko'd Kimbo at Xtreme Couture?