don frye vs butterbean

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » don frye vs butterbean
Huckit
4/4/07 1:22:25AM
i think don fyre will beat thompson first round and this got me thinking. fyre vs butterbean would be epic. both heavy hitters would solid chins. aslong as fyre doesnt act pussy and take it down it could be epic
ButterBalls
4/4/07 1:24:10AM
Butterbean by 1st round KO if it stays on the feet. Don isn't half the striker Bean is and never was.

hippysmacker
4/4/07 1:50:07AM
Frye would take him down and GnP him to a first round stoppage IMO.
Svartorm
4/4/07 4:20:31AM
My heart says Don Frye would punch Bean into a coma. My brain says Bean is a better striker than Don and hits a hell of a lot harder. The only thing I think Don has over him is his chin, his heart and his gas tank. If the fight went more than two minutes, I'd say Frye, but he'd have a hell of a time surviving against Bean.
hippysmacker
4/4/07 4:44:30AM
Both have great chins IMO, so that kinda cancel's out. I still think Frye would have to take him down. The guy weighs over 100 lbs. more than him. That's a lot of force to throw punches with , and a lot of weight to absorb them. Frye may be a prieful tough guy, but I think he would be smart to soften up Bean with the jab, then GnP.
warglory
4/4/07 12:32:02PM
Frye would destroy Butterbean, simple as that. Butterbean is a boxer who has beaten his opponents via punching power, and most of his wins have been against can. Frye, while not being the most versatile, is light years ahead of Butterbean in skill.
Svabbi
4/4/07 12:42:51PM

Posted by Svartorm

The only thing I think Don has over him is his chin

Are you stupid? Butterbean has fought about 70 pro boxing fights and only got KOd once. WTF has Fye done? Gotten hit by a jab by Tank that put him down lol

Butterbeans chin is a 1000 times stronger than Don´s.
pv3Hpv3p
4/4/07 1:22:14PM

Posted by Svabbi

Posted by Svartorm

Are you stupid? Butterbean has fought about 70 pro boxing fights and only got KOd once. WTF has Fye done? Gotten hit by a jab by Tank that put him down lol

4oz vs 12oz gloves = big difference...

Comparing boxing to MMA, even in chin strength, usually isn't a good basis for arguement.
warglory
4/4/07 4:03:28PM

Posted by Svabbi

Posted by Svartorm

What has Frye done? The man is one of the most well known MMA artists with a long history, both good and bad. His match against Shamrock a few years ago is legendary. What has Butterbean done? The most noteworthy opponents he has beaten are Cabbage and Thompson, both of which are not good at keeping their hands up, so to say they got KO'ed by a powerhouse boxer is not saying much. At least Frye knows how to sprawl and move around on the mat, whenever Butterbean hits the mat against a dominant ground fighter he gets subbed.
Stickan
4/4/07 4:26:28PM
I'd take Butterbean by KO in the 1st and if this ever happens, you're welcome to send wagers my way.
Svartorm
4/4/07 7:42:19PM

Posted by Svabbi

Posted by Svartorm

Dons only been KO'd once as well, via a head kick from one of the strongest MMA fighters ever. Don has fought some of the most powerful strikers in MMA and taken some horrendously hard punches. Bean, while he did box professionally, seldom fought anyone worth mentioning, and James Thompson is probably the hardest hitter hes fought to date. I'm not saying Don Fryes chin is *much* better than Beans, but I do think its better.