Don Frye breaks silence on "M-1 Breakthrough" withdrawal, blames organization for change

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Don Frye breaks silence on "M-1 Breakthrough" withdrawal, blames organization for change
jae_1833
8/23/09 4:51:19PM
link

While the executives of M-1 Global are no strangers to controversy and criticism, the organization's upcoming "M-1 Global presents Breakthrough" took a hit when original headliner Don Frye backed out of his fight with Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal.
While M-1 Global CEO Joost Raimond immediately went on the offensive, issuing a press release that questioned Frye's motives for backing out, "The Predator" remained relatively silent on the subject.
That is, until now.
DCRage
8/23/09 5:56:37PM
The 'stache is where it's at. Frye is the man.
zephead
8/23/09 6:22:15PM
Someone complainging about M-1. Isn't that Fedors boy promoting that?
Jackelope
8/23/09 6:25:22PM

"The position of douchebag fight promoter, who thinks he's tough because he hangs out with fighters and insults fighters – that position's already taken. We don't need that, OK?"

You gotta love Don Frye, man. This dude is hilarious!!!
StriderXero
8/23/09 6:53:57PM
I dont believe Don Frye would back down from any fight.

"I may have to reach up and punch him in the kneecap."
lol
Don Frye should have a 15ft solid gold statue made in his image.

IriShame
8/23/09 7:06:39PM
I love Don Frye. Has anybody ever seen the promos he did for YAMMA where he was going to fight Oleg Taktarov? They're priceless. Quality comedy.
xdanish020
8/23/09 9:06:10PM
add another shady venture to M1 Global's resume
Jackelope
8/23/09 9:22:48PM

Posted by StriderXero

Don Frye should have a 15ft solid gold statue made in his image.

I have to spread the love, but remind me later and I will DEFINITELY prop you for that one!
Rush
8/23/09 9:33:23PM

Posted by Jackelope

"The position of douchebag fight promoter, who thinks he's tough because he hangs out with fighters and insults fighters – that position's already taken. We don't need that, OK?"

You gotta love Don Frye, man. This dude is hilarious!!!

That line was golden