Don Frye accuses Frank Mir and Randy Couture of throwing Brock Lesnar fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Don Frye accuses Frank Mir and Randy Couture of throwing Brock Lesnar fights
FastKnockout
3/12/13 3:42:40PM
Former UFC tournament champion Don Frye accuses former UFC Heavyweight champs Frank Mir and Randy Couture of throwing their UFC fights with Brock Lesnar.

Link
Kpro
3/12/13 3:52:23PM
Looking to fast-track his way into the UFC Hall of Fame I see!
2hotty
3/12/13 3:52:37PM
"It's like having sex with the wrong women! Takes everything you got to go out there and get the job done!" Well I think that's pretty much what fighting Brock Lesnar is like.
KingCmb
3/12/13 3:53:42PM
i think mir woulda chose a different way to go out if he was taking a fall
MuayThaiGeek13
3/12/13 4:45:14PM

Posted by 2hotty

"It's like having sex with the wrong women! Takes everything you got to go out there and get the job done!" Well I think that's pretty much what fighting Brock Lesnar is like.

Yea!

wait...

prophecy033
3/12/13 4:51:17PM
That or...you know....Brock hits like a truck but I guess we'll just say they threw the fights
Bubbles
3/12/13 5:14:38PM
wouldn't Mir be more likely to throw the first fight than the second?
Budgellism
3/12/13 5:25:21PM
Don Frye is great but he's been hit in the head too many times
jay98107
3/12/13 5:49:39PM
It's obvious that neither of these fights were thrown, but the Mir accusation is especially silly considering the beatdown he took. On top of that, he smacked Lesnar in the head with a dangerously hard knee considering he was throwing the fight
machodog76
3/12/13 6:00:37PM
haven't read the interview, but nah.
Chael_Sonnen
3/12/13 7:09:22PM
Alcohol is a helluva drug Donny....
mrsmiley
3/12/13 9:20:33PM
I pretty much agreed with Don up to the 5 minute point.
I think more than anything it just befuddles him that a guy that was more or less a flash in the pan for the MMA world could dispatch two top guys like Mir and Couture. I don't personally think either fight was thrown but as mentioned on these boards before some people will always question how fast Lesnar was shot through the ranks.

In a strange way Lesnar is to the UFC what the Ultimate Warrior was to the WWE.
A guy that generated a lot of talk and money and then in an instant was gone.
Boo_Radley21
3/12/13 9:39:35PM
Lmao if those fights were thrown they better have gotten some huuuuuuuuuge compensation because Brock turned Mirs face to hamburger and hammerfisted Randy in the head and face like a hundred times after a Bertuzzi from the front
Boo_Radley21
3/12/13 9:42:35PM
The video made me smile though Don Fryes always been one of my heros
airkerma
3/13/13 10:01:22AM
What about Carwin? Can't beefy engineers throw fights too!?
bjj1605
3/13/13 3:31:37PM

Posted by jay98107

It's obvious that neither of these fights were thrown, but the Mir accusation is especially silly considering the beatdown he took. On top of that, he smacked Lesnar in the head with a dangerously hard knee considering he was throwing the fight

Pssh.

Obviously he threw the fight. That knee knocked Brock out. Mir could have finished him right then and there but he decided to give him time to recover.