Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida
BrutalKnockOut
8/13/09 10:23:53AM
Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida

Anderson Silva explains why he will never fight his friend, Lyoto Machida.
wrona666
8/13/09 12:31:00PM
Then i guess he is never going to fight for the title at 205 cause Machida is going to own that belt for some time......
prozacnation1978
8/13/09 12:39:14PM
i would have no problem fighting a friend !! even if they only pay me 10 bucks
Zekeil
8/13/09 12:43:10PM
Then give him his walking papers, he's overrated anyway. One of the most arrogant fighters ever and for what? Who does he think he is? The worst PPV draw for a champion in years and he thinks he's got the clout to tell the UFC who he is and isn't going to fight....LOL.

He's just trying to get out of the champion clause in his contract.
MMA_Alex
8/13/09 1:12:06PM

Posted by Zekeil

Then give him his walking papers, he's overrated anyway. One of the most arrogant fighters ever and for what? Who does he think he is? The worst PPV draw for a champion in years and he thinks he's got the clout to tell the UFC who he is and isn't going to fight....LOL.

I can't see how you could possibly think he is overrated, given everything he's done, especially how he just annihilated Forrest.
grappler0000
8/13/09 1:18:41PM

Posted by Zekeil

...he's overrated anyway.

too easy

The worst PPV draw for a champion in years...

I think you're forgetting Sylvia and Sherk...but it doesn't matter, because I think that will change soon.

If he wants to retain the MW title, how is he trying to get out of the championship clause?

ncordless
8/13/09 1:19:39PM

Posted by Zekeil

Yeah... give walking papers to the #1 p4p. That would be a great move... for Strikeforce.
emfleek
8/13/09 1:24:42PM

Posted by Zekeil

Then give him his walking papers, he's overrated anyway.

I'm looking forward to an explanation for this one...

Menard_StC
8/13/09 1:26:38PM
Not sure why this is a big deal.. I don't think Anderson cares about winning the belt. He doesn't plan to stay with the UFC much longer... so he is better off not being tied to a belt and just taking the biggest and best fights they can put together. He has nothing to prove.
Menard_StC
8/13/09 1:27:55PM

Posted by Zekeil

So basically, you bet on Forrest and you are bitter because you lost a lot of money?
Zekeil
8/13/09 1:45:09PM

Posted by Menard_StC

Posted by Zekeil

So basically, you bet on Forrest and you are bitter because you lost a lot of money?

No I picked Anderson in that fight, The UFC purposely picked Forrest for him to fight because they knew that it would lead to a KO for Silva. Forrest has the perfect style to be crushed by Silva, he's a brawler not a technician.

As far as everyone else.
Who has he beat to possibly give him the P4P title that's just laughable...really Franklin and Hendo are the only 2 good fighters he has fought.
Franklin is overrated too (I know I'll get flamed for that too...lol) so that leaves Hendo (who gave Silva a hell of a fight) but that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

king_katool
8/13/09 1:56:21PM

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by Menard_StC

Posted by Zekeil

No I picked Anderson in that fight, The UFC purposely picked Forrest for him to fight because they knew that it would lead to a KO for Silva. Forrest has the perfect style to be crushed by Silva, he's a brawler not a technician.

As far as everyone else.
Who has he beat to possibly give him the P4P title that's just laughable...really Franklin and Hendo are the only 2 good fighters he has fought.
Franklin is overrated too (I know I'll get flamed for that too...lol) so that leaves Hendo (who gave Silva a hell of a fight) but that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

telnights
8/13/09 3:51:18PM

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

I don't know if your trolling or just really that delusional. Your view on things is so off from reality there isn't much point in trying to break them down because I'm sure you will come up with something else just as delusional.
RNC
8/13/09 4:22:51PM
If you train with someone, you won't fight them. That's just how it goes in MMA. Swick wouldn't fight Fitch or Koscheck on his road to a title, and by doing so, he had to fight more times to get there. Jardine said if he beat Rampage and was granted a shot at Rashad, he would move back up to Heavyweight. And Silva has said for a long time the 205 belt is Lyoto's, and I am certain they will never fight.

But with that said, I don't think that a Anderson/Lyoto fight would be that interesting to the casual fan. I think that both of their styles would cancel each other out, and the fireworks fight that the UFC is hoping for would turn into a stalemate, with both Anderson and Lyoto trying not to get hit as much as possible. The UFC would do much better pairing Silva up with Rampage or Shogun.

Irish_Pride
8/13/09 4:25:50PM
I'm a little dissapointed to see that Anderson doesn't want to fight Machida. This would make one hell of a matchup and would be just one hell of a fight. Anderson only has a few fights left on his contract and he has always said he wants to fight the best, well Machida is the best in 205 division that's why he holds the belt. It's sad to see that this fight will never happen because it would be amazing.
Zekeil
8/13/09 4:41:55PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

I don't know if your trolling or just really that delusional. Your view on things is so off from reality there isn't much point in trying to break them down because I'm sure you will come up with something else just as delusional.

That's an original statement....
ncordless
8/13/09 4:43:56PM

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by telnights

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

That's an original statement....

What it may lack in originality it makes up for in truth
placente
8/13/09 5:16:50PM
i agree with you man, i think if u pair both of them to fight, it will actually b a boring fight . Think about it, Lyoto doesnt get hit at all and he will do everything possible not to get hit, Anderson silva will do the same. Imagine both guys trying to hit each other.......... it will take like 3 or 4 days of non- stop fighting 'til somebody landed something
Menard_StC
8/13/09 5:49:23PM

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Wow ok, I can do that too....

Who has GSP beaten? Just Hughes, BJ, and Fitch... you must be delusional to think that makes him good enough to be top p4p... so GSP is out. Hmmm who else do we have?

Fedor? Well maybe but he has only beaten AA, Timmy, Crocop, Nog, and a bunch more guys who I don't think are good enough so he is out.

Brock? right maybe after 15 more wins...

To summarize Zekeil, you have no idea what you're talking about. Its very obvious to anyone who isn't a biased hater that GSP, Fedor, and Silva are top 3 p4p in the world. Anderson has TEN CONSECUTIVE WINS in the UFC, including 6 title defenses.

Hendo is a former 205lb champ, and so is Forrest. His middleweight resume is stellar too.

You clearly just don't like him, so you've managed to convince yourself that that means he isn't as good as everyone thinks he is... when the evidence proves that he is EVERY BIT as good as everyone thinks.
RNC
8/13/09 6:07:01PM

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

According to your Top Ten P4P Rankings, you think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter. So let's compare Fedor to Anderson.

In the 3 years that Silva's been with the UFC, he's fought 10 times. Out of those 10 fights, he's fought 2 Champions, 2 Former Champions, and 4 Number One Contenders. Let's look at how some of his competition currently ranks today.

Dan Henderson: Top 10 P4P, Top 10 LHW, and Number 2 MW in the world
Rich Franklin: Top 10 LHW, Top 10 MW in the world
Nate Marquardt: Top 3 MW in the world
Forrest Griffin: Top 5 LHW in the world

And all of these fighters were finished in 2 rounds or less.

Now let's take a look at Fedor.

In the last 3 years, Fedor has fought 6 times. An average of 2 times a year, already we're off to an unimpressive start. Now, let's take a look at how his competition ranks currently

Andrei Arlovski - Knocked out in both of his last 2 fights
Tim Sylvia - On a 3 fight losing streak, 2 loses via KO, 1 via submission
Hong Man Choi - Overall record of 2-2
Matt Lindland - Just got knocked out in 37 seconds
Mark Hunt - On a 5 fight losing streak, 4 loses via submission, 1 via KO
Mark Coleman - First win in 3 years is Stephan Bonnar

Not the most impressive resume to date. And you actually want to not only compare him to Anderson Silva, but claim that he is better? Get real. There's not even a legit argument here.
Zekeil
8/13/09 6:25:44PM

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

According to your Top Ten P4P Rankings, you think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter. So let's compare Fedor to Anderson.

In the 3 years that Silva's been with the UFC, he's fought 10 times. Out of those 10 fights, he's fought 2 Champions, 2 Former Champions, and 4 Number One Contenders. Let's look at how some of his competition currently ranks today.

In the last 3 years, Fedor has fought 6 times. An average of 2 times a year, already we're off to an unimpressive start. Now, let's take a look at how his competition ranks currently

Not the most impressive resume to date. And you actually want to not only compare him to Anderson Silva, but claim that he is better? Get real. There's not even a legit argument here.

Wow...obsess much...who even mentioned Fedor in this conversation...LOL
MMA_Alex
8/13/09 6:44:06PM

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Actually, if you managed to be able to read his post, you would have seen he cited your Top Ten P4P rankings.

I just checked them out and, surprise, surprise, Anderson is your #3 p4p guy. How can the #3 p4p guy in the world, according to you, be overrated?
RNC
8/13/09 6:46:51PM

Posted by Zekeil

I know it might be hard for you but try to follow along. This entire thread you've been talking trash bout Silva.

Posted by Zekeil

... he's overrated anyway.

Posted by Zekeil

... that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

Like I said, YOU think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter, according to your Top 10 Fighter Rankings. So I compared Fedor to Anderson Silva's fights from the last 3 years. Clearly, Anderson Silva is the best fighter, pound for pound, in the world.

If you don't think so, you're delusional.
ncordless
8/13/09 6:56:23PM

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Nice comeback. You make a ridiculous statement. Someone goes out of their way to refute your statement and show how silly it was, and your answer is that they put too much into their response.

It is pretty easy to say stupid things and then act like you don't care. If you are going to say things that you know is going to cause a commotion, you should at least be able to respond to criticism. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but you don't have a right to have it respected. If you tell everyone that they are delusional, you better have more to your logic than "I don't really care, I just say things"

If you are trolling, keep it up. I dare you. If not, please give a rationalization to why the rest of the world is delusional in thinking Anderson is a top p4p fighter beyond "he hasn't fought anyone", which is pretty obviously not the case.
mk1630
8/13/09 7:24:00PM

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

As far as everyone else.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!
Zekeil
8/13/09 7:42:01PM

Posted by RNC

Posted by Zekeil

I know it might be hard for you but try to follow along. This entire thread you've been talking trash bout Silva.

Posted by Zekeil

... he's overrated anyway.

Posted by Zekeil

... that still doesn't make him anywhere near P4P, if you think that you're delusional.

Like I said, YOU think Fedor is the #1 P4P fighter, according to your Top 10 Fighter Rankings. So I compared Fedor to Anderson Silva's fights from the last 3 years. Clearly, Anderson Silva is the best fighter, pound for pound, in the world.

If you don't think so, you're delusional.

I haven't picked my p4p fighters since I signed up at this website almost three years ago.
Nothing changes the fact that Anderson Silva is WAY OVERRATED!

I didn't realize you guys would get so uptight, it's just an opinion.
If he doesn't want to get with the program and fight who the promoters want him to fight then send him down the road.
Oh yeah and where did I post this genius"I don't really care, I just say things". I love how you make stuff up and then say someone else said it.
Get over it.

This is why I don't get involved with the forums on this site, NOBODY is free to have an opinion. I haven't said anything bad about anybody but yet your gonna flex your big muscles and threaten me because for some reason you think I care your a mod.
Go ahead kick me, a paying loyal follower to this site.

Oh and by the way I'm done with this conversation.
hippysmacker
8/14/09 9:52:27AM
Look since you feel inspired to insult anyone who disagrees with you, then act like your the one put upon, maybe this is just not the place for you to post. We have rules. Like don't post opinions as facts and don't insult people. Basic rule of life - don't start none, won't be none. You start in the with all the vehement hyperbole ,and you throw down the gauntlet. People are going to pick it up. Things just deteriorate from there. We are only looking for intelligent, reasoned discussion here. I realize on most mma sites what you said would be the norm and then a little flamewar could develop, then the actual discussion would just denigrate into rubbish, and you would have a merry old time. Not our bag dude. So feel free to play the game, and post in your camp, but as to the main forums -please just post somewhere else.Obviously the way we do things here doesn't agree with you, and that's just fine.To each his own. Maybe we are just too strict for your personalty, as you seem to think its cool to call everyone who disagrees with your opinion delusional. See you do it, someone does it back, other people thinks its all good, and then BAM! Sherdog forums in a week. Good luck with that posting somewhere else , but no more posting here.

ADMIN