“If I Don’t Beat (Chael Sonnen), I Didn’t Deserve A Title Shot Against Anderson Silva,” Michael Bisping

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » “If I Don’t Beat (Chael Sonnen), I Didn’t Deserve A Title Shot Against Anderson Silva,” Michael Bisping
sparky
1/18/12 11:37:35AM
British fighter Michael ‘The Count’ Bisping didn’t hesitate to say yes when UFC president Dana White offered him a No. 1 contender bout versus Chael Sonnen, after Sonnen’s first opponent Mark Munoz pulled out due to injury.

Bisping posted his comments in a UFC on FOX 2 blog at FoxSports.com late Tuesday night discussing his original opponent Demian Maia and then receiving the call from Dana White to fight Sonnen.

Dana hadn’t even finished saying Munoz was out before I was planning how to beat Sonnen in my head. I’ve accepted fights on short notice for the UFC throughout my career, but this one is a massive, massive chance for me, and I am very grateful to Dana, (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and the UFC. I was already hugely grateful to be asked to fight on FOX, but to fight Chael on FOX … well, there are hundreds of fighters who would kill for this opportunity, and I would have had to be a fool to turn it down.

Link
Twenty20Dollars
1/18/12 12:05:51PM
I don't like either guy, but damn this needs to be 5 rounds.

Also Bisping might have a better shot at winning if it's 5 rounds.

I would like to know how Bisping thinks he's going to win.
KungFuMaster
1/18/12 12:50:18PM
It is becoming more and more difficult for me to hate Bisping. What is it with fighters nowadays? Do they think they can just turn good and all will be forgiven?
Twenty20Dollars
1/18/12 1:57:47PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

It is becoming more and more difficult for me to hate Bisping. What is it with fighters nowadays? Do they think they can just turn good and all will be forgiven?

No, you will hate him and you will like it!
LightsOUT23
1/18/12 3:01:23PM
If bisping pulls this one off, and i am willing to back him on having a very good chance in doing so, this site is gonna be empty for days after the event. All the haters for bisping which is probably 80 percent of this site are gonna all have a hole missing ...
Poor_Franklin
1/18/12 3:46:11PM
i hope bisping wins. i'd give anything to see him fight anderson
Wallass
1/18/12 4:15:18PM
Bisping speaks the truth and although I don't like the guy, if he beats Chael there is no doubt that he deserves a shot. This is as legit of a number one contenders fight as you get.
Budgellism
1/18/12 4:16:55PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

If bisping pulls this one off, and i am willing to back him on having a very good chance in doing so, this site is gonna be empty for days after the event. All the haters for bisping which is probably 80 percent of this site are gonna all have a hole missing ...

prophecy033
1/18/12 5:36:53PM
I don't think Bisping will win but if he does, no way he beats Silva. I think Bisping will be Chael but weirder things have happened....wait....no they haven't, this would top my list for sure.

Cooler
1/18/12 5:43:59PM
Well no shit huh? the UFC protected him for years and now he finally doesnt get a pushover. He get the 2nd ranked in the division and he's lucky its a wrestler not a striker like Vitor. So Bisping actually has a chance...but not much of one.
cowcatcher
1/18/12 6:15:50PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Sometimes he tries to trick me into liking him too, like when he brought his son into the cage after he fought, but he always shows his true colors sooner or later and it's back to business as usual.

I don't like his chances against Chael, but I wouldn't mind seeing him locked in the cage across from the Spider either.
KungFuMaster
1/18/12 7:01:31PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Sometimes he tries to trick me into liking him too, like when he brought his son into the cage after he fought, but he always shows his true colors sooner or later and it's back to business as usual.

I don't like his chances against Chael, but I wouldn't mind seeing him locked in the cage across from the Spider either.

That snake - I should have known better.

I haven't been myself lately. Thanks for bringing me back.
Pookie
1/18/12 7:22:58PM
Bisping has a better chance going through Sonnen than Vitor.

At his best he can pull off a gameplan like the Rashad Evans fight.
Aether
1/18/12 7:57:20PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

Oddsmakers and analysts would tend to disagree with you here. If Bisping spent the first round under Mayhem, I don't see how he can possibly hope to stay off of his back against Sonnen, who I personally think is possibly the best wrestler in all of MMA. Only real possibility I see is some kind of submission from guard (triangle) and that seems like a pretty slim chance, as Bisping is no wizard from guard.
Cooler
1/18/12 10:45:58PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by LightsOUT23

Oddsmakers and analysts would tend to disagree with you here. If Bisping spent the first round under Mayhem, I don't see how he can possibly hope to stay off of his back against Sonnen, who I personally think is possibly the best wrestler in all of MMA. Only real possibility I see is some kind of submission from guard (triangle) and that seems like a pretty slim chance, as Bisping is no wizard from guard.

Gotta spread the love before I prop you for the Christopher Hitchens av (RIP)

Oh and everything you wrote as well.
tmas
1/18/12 11:44:19PM
bispings chances are slim, but its possible. I actually hope he wins.
loonytnt
1/19/12 3:03:22PM
Id like to see Bisping win so i can see Anderson kick him in the head =)
LightsOUT23
1/19/12 4:28:40PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by LightsOUT23

Oddsmakers are for gamblers, absolutely no relivance to the fight itself. Analysts analyse, they get some right, they get some wrong. I have no doubt in my mind Bisping will spend a majority of this fight on his back. Triangles, Kimura's and arm bars are all avalible from the guard, not to mention elbows what with Chael Sonnens dodgy scar tissue all over his face makes a good case for bisping doing some damage from the bottom. Bisping never gets any credit for his ground game, every submission fighter he has fought has had a hard time pinning him down. Sonnen is Bispings biggest test, but i believe Bisping will rise to the occasion, win or lose i wanna see some props for him on here. Taking on Sonnen on 10 days notice - no one else in that division wants a piece of Sonnen.
Geoffo
1/19/12 6:42:45PM
Michael "Captain Obvious" Bisping.