Dominick Cruz set to meet with the UFC to talk about the Bantamweight title and injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dominick Cruz set to meet with the UFC to talk about the Bantamweight title and injury
jjeans
3/15/13 1:21:35PM
Dana White: “There’s a lot of things we need to talk about with him. He is our champ, he is our guy, he needs time or whatever but we are getting to the point now where we really need to make a decision. This poor kid, I’ve never seen anybody with more bad luck than Cruz. And for him, coming back into this division – you know the way this sport is, to be have been off for two years is you know, I don’t think we have ever had anyone be off as long as he has. We’ve given him a lot of time, I like the kid and I have so much respect for him.”

LINK
moob
3/15/13 1:30:26PM
He's been quite lucky to hold onto his title for this long in fairness.
sbulldavid
3/15/13 2:14:55PM
He's not that entertaining of a fighter, he looks like a glitch on the TV, honestly most people think Renan Barao would chop him down all night long.
Goatenstein
3/15/13 2:30:31PM
Barao deserves to be the real champion. Cruz deserves a shot when he comes back and a warm-up if he wants one.
frizzzlecake
3/15/13 2:51:22PM
UFC 164 would be a dream come true to me.

War Dominick Cruz
airkerma
3/15/13 2:54:21PM

Posted by Goatenstein

Barao deserves to be the real champion. Cruz deserves a shot when he comes back and a warm-up if he wants one.

This is what I was thinking as well. I don't like taking the title away from someone, but he's had such a long lay off that at this point it seems like the only option.
sparky
3/15/13 3:30:49PM
I said it before and ill say it again no disrespect to Dominick but he should have been stripped a while ago.
Manak
3/15/13 3:50:42PM
sucks to see a champ down, plus the division will always have an asterisk since the champ went down due injury instead of a lose.