UFC DOMINATION & ZUFFA'S AGE OF IMPERIALISM

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC DOMINATION & ZUFFA'S AGE OF IMPERIALISM
emfleek
7/20/09 9:42:24AM
UFC president Dana White has never been shy about revealing a broad overview of his business plans for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. It can be summed up in two simple words: world domination.

"We're going to be everywhere man," White recently said matter-of-factly to MMAWeekly.com. "We're going to be all over the world. We're going to be everywhere. The sport isn't going backwards. We're going forward. We're getting bigger."

STORY
postman
7/20/09 11:13:04AM
I can't understand why Japan is not bigger to them then even New york. If they establish 2 live shows a year in Japan the international talent would be so much eaiser to pick up imo
seanfu
7/20/09 7:46:26PM

Posted by postman

I can't understand why Japan is not bigger to them then even New york. If they establish 2 live shows a year in Japan the international talent would be so much eaiser to pick up imo

Because cagefights aren't big in Japan...... And there're Dream, Sengoku, and Shooto.

Japan's last on the list, right next to South America and Antarctica.
bojangalz
7/21/09 5:08:40AM

Posted by postman

South Korea's mma market is fresher then Japan right now. And the premium cable TV subscriber rates are much higher then Japan as well. The politics of promoting in Japan are corrupt to a spectacular degree. Not only will would the UFC have better numbers at the gate in So. Korea, but they'll get bigger dollar signs from the cable buy-rates and advertising.

That's the main reason why Akiyama was brought into the fold with such a big contract. Jordan Breen did an awesome article on this a while back. It's worth a read.