C.B. Dollaway responds to White's tweet about UFC Fight Night 41 victory speech

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » C.B. Dollaway responds to White's tweet about UFC Fight Night 41 victory speech
FastKnockout
6/1/14 12:49:09PM
BERLIN – UFC middleweight C.B. Dollaway‘s solid win over Francis Carmont included moments of brashness in the cage that weren’t present in his earlier career.

Link
prozacnation1978
6/1/14 1:46:00PM
Don't know why Cb apologized to dana
He went to war. He was exhausted.
bjj1605
6/1/14 2:47:02PM
This shows Dana's priorities. Guy puts on and wins an awesome fight, Dana complains about his mic performance.

The guy who "legitimized MMA" is trying to turn it into the WWE.
jae_1833
6/1/14 3:32:49PM
Just because he is 4 for 5 recently and the bonuses and all I have him at the bottom of my top 10...I think he needs a couple of big time contenders to either humble us or to shut everyone up. Maybe a fight with Kennedy or something like that is in order.
prophecy033
6/1/14 7:00:27PM
Fuck what Dana has to say. As long as you win and put on a good performance then you'll be fine.
40ouncetpkid
6/2/14 4:15:30AM
To me it seemd like the UFC is getting worried about PPV numbers and fight card ratings slipping and is trying to blame the fighters instead of his dumbass for oversaturing the market.

Trying to blame fighters for not being marketable yet how can a fan even keep up these days? Back in the day hardcore fans knew every fighter on a card from top to bottom. Now im lucky if I know even 2 or 3 fighters that aren't on the main card.

mrsmiley
6/2/14 4:08:00PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

To me it seemd like the UFC is getting worried about PPV numbers and fight card ratings slipping and is trying to blame the fighters instead of his dumbass for oversaturing the market.

Trying to blame fighters for not being marketable yet how can a fan even keep up these days? Back in the day hardcore fans knew every fighter on a card from top to bottom. Now im lucky if I know even 2 or 3 fighters that aren't on the main card.

bjj1605
6/2/14 11:27:53PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Personally I don't think its even over saturation, though that's probably contributing.

I think the sport is being seen as less legitimate because Dana seems to reward slugging more than technique and shit talking more than fighting.

I'm finding myself less and less interested because it no longer seems like its about finding the best fighters.