C.B. Dollaway blog: thoughts on the TUF Finale

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » C.B. Dollaway blog: thoughts on the TUF Finale
nickcuc547
6/28/08 4:30:51PM
If you have ever experienced shock, you likely understand how I was feeling post fight and continue to feel.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4682/c-b-dollaway-blog-thoughts-on-the-tuf-finale.mma
voodoo-jitsu
6/28/08 4:42:00PM
c.b. is way too cocky and a cry baby when he loses i dont like him at all
Figsak
6/28/08 4:44:14PM
Agreed. Same arm, same sub, 1 round faster. Seems instead of training sub defense in his downtime to prep for the fight, he was drinking, and practicing telling everyone what a bad ass he is.
Pookie
6/28/08 4:51:26PM
Read the article.
Wolf
6/28/08 5:21:57PM

Posted by Figsak

Agreed. Same arm, same sub, 1 round faster. Seems instead of training sub defense in his downtime to prep for the fight, he was drinking, and practicing telling everyone what a bad ass he is.

actually 2 rounds faster, and the article is very humble. No cry baby nonsense in it at all.
teddythetuna
6/28/08 5:23:05PM
Never liked him but he has a lot of promise and im sure we will see him soon enough in the ufc.
Lord_Lenny
6/28/08 5:48:14PM
he came across very well in the article, if people would actually read it their opinions might change like mine did
Porch28
6/28/08 6:28:15PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.I'm so glad Amir won
dannyfrank
6/28/08 7:11:53PM
i like him a lot more after reading the article
nickcuc547
6/28/08 8:38:10PM

Posted by Porch28

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.I'm so glad Amir won

he wasn't crying at all, did you read the entire article or just the first paragraph.
silverbullet
6/28/08 9:16:17PM
"I had an appreciation for what it is like to be a celebrity (in my case, a pseudo celebrity)"

He's a cool guy and seems down to earth. I got more respect for him after reading the whole thing. He needs to work on stuff besides pure GnP because that just does not work in MMA anymore
Porch28
6/28/08 10:20:20PM
I could be wrong but I just don't like him. Thats just my opinion
DevonFoxy
6/28/08 10:28:25PM
He came off like the guy I think he actually is in the article the editing probably made him look like a cocky self absorbed guy on the show but if you actually read his blogs over the show hes a really likable guy and is very down to earth unlike he is portrayed.
Nightmare27
6/29/08 12:57:06PM
The-Don
6/29/08 1:31:51PM
yea I have learned not to judge the guys on TUF by how the editing is.. They seem to show the owrst moments of the fighters and if you ever noticed the guy who goes onto win the whole thingusually looks good through out most of the show...

As for CB.. and how he reacted after losing.. Big deal.. how many great fighters exploded after a loss... many do its natural... I dare any of you to step into the cage lose a tough fight and then be calm and cool right after you lose... Your adreniline is pumping your emotions are soaring.. your not thinking straight...
It should be after the fight how the fighter continues to act should be used to determine what kind of person he is... THis article shows he accepts the loss and is moving on... He shows alot of maturity apperently some of the people on this site need to learn...

We'll being CB again and more then likely he'll be getting his arm raised.. the kid has talent...
GSPCanada
6/30/08 4:39:48AM
Nothing against cb but i was voting for amir he was very humble in this article but some of it seems fake either way im glad he admitted that he tapped and gave a goodn explanation. I really didnt like his reaction I support guys who are emotional after a loss because I think its a sign of a warrior but he basically lied about tapping which isnt the type of reaction i want he tried to make a veteran ref look bad for his own lack of sub defense
CornishMMA
6/30/08 6:59:30AM
Everyone that thinks CB is a bitch for not being happy with the 1 tap finish PLEASE watch Brock Lesnar tapping to Frank Mir again, Mazzagatti correctly waits for the 3rd and final tap which ends the fight, its in the rules that you need 3 taps, not 1 hand slap like CB did, he was starting to tap but changed his mind, due to the nature of BJJ that makes sense
saemskin
6/30/08 8:25:19AM

Posted by thevoodooninja

c.b. is way too cocky and a cry baby when he loses i dont like him at all

Me neither. I want to see someone knock that pissy look off his face with a high kick to the dome.
I never liked him since i watched him talk about himself in the 3rd person, and then I lost all respect for him when he tried acting like he didn't tap when Amir put on that armbar.
HLONWLS
6/30/08 2:45:20PM
I tend to think the article was the product of the defeats. Had CB blown through the competition and gone on to win you would see the same cocky, puffed up, guy that the show portrayed. The article shows me that he has learned something from the losses and is willing to move forward. Hind sight vision is always 20/20 but you still got to make the choice to look over your shoulder.