ufc doing a pride style ppv once a year in japan ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc doing a pride style ppv once a year in japan ?
POLL: ufc annual event pride style with ring/rules/entrances/held in japan , good idea ?
yes !great idea.love pride fc rules with the awesome ufc roster held once a year 30% (13)
awesome , i think two events would be even better 7% (3)
no , pride fc is extinct for a reason 21% (9)
no .prides viscious headstomps and knees to a down opponent are bad for mmas image 19% (8)
im on the fence /couldnt care less either way . 5% (2)
shut up thunderstruck you stupid noob , you know nothing of mma 19% (8)
thunderstruck
8/4/09 12:46:32PM
i think a ufc event held once a year with the retro pride rules /ring/crazy lady announcer /awesome intros held in japan would be badassconsidering the stellar roster the ufc currently has .what would you fans here think of that ?good idea ? this isnt a pride vs ufc thing , so i figured it would go here instead of the pride vs ufc thread ...correct me if im wrong cause i am a noob on your site .
Rabi
8/4/09 1:03:56PM
I personally hate the idea. Im not a big fan of the Japanese freak shows in MMA and that was one thing I didnt like about Pride. The only thing I would like to see the UFC do that Pride did was the Grand Prix, with each fighter fighting no more then once an event and do it over the space of a 9 month.

Sorry mate.
KaibaThedon
8/4/09 1:08:38PM
I too like the idea of a Grand Prix,

however I'm not down with changing the rules to - no elbows and allowing footstomps and kicks to a grounded opponent... its not UFC anymore at that point.
thunderstruck
8/4/09 1:11:51PM

Posted by Rabi

I personally hate the idea. Im not a big fan of the Japanese freak shows in MMA and that was one thing I didnt like about Pride. The only thing I would like to see the UFC do that Pride did was the Grand Prix, with each fighter fighting no more then once an event and do it over the space of a 9 month.

Sorry mate. [/QUOTE

no need for sorry my buddy . just asked for opinions and you gave one .] grand prix with ufcs roster is kick ass idea . ....

....stupid question here guys but , is there a multi -quote option i can use for responding to multiple posts , or do you all just double post here ?
spikerman19
8/4/09 2:50:22PM
maybe without the entrances
Nightmare27
8/4/09 6:10:08PM
I think that its a great idea, I miss me some Pride FC. The only thing is if you are going to use Pride rules then you wouldnt be able to put any of the UFC belts on the line due to the difference in rules. Sure would love to see Wand soccer kick somebody again.
nickcuc547
8/4/09 6:15:29PM
It will not happen, the rules changes can potentially kill the integrity of the org. much like wandy losing his title to hendo under american rules.
prozacnation1978
8/4/09 7:56:41PM
japan once a year yes pride style no!!
cmill21
8/4/09 8:05:45PM
Yes, Pride had the best show.
hippysmacker
8/4/09 8:28:41PM
I would love knees to the head on the ground, and shows in japan. No freakshow matches or screaming lady for me though.
mentalcase
8/4/09 8:32:16PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I would love knees to the head on the ground, and shows in japan. No freakshow matches or screaming lady for me though.

no screaming lady? that was one of the atmosphere building things about pride

question- dose any one know which pride show was her debut?
king_katool
8/4/09 9:08:37PM
i would like the UFC to do a grand prix dont matter where to me, they could do it in mexico,japan,korea,canada,ireladn,england, dont matter but i want to see GP's, BUT i do not want them to do it pride style with the ring and different rules, entrances are fine, the screaming lady is just lol i could care less really
george112
8/5/09 12:57:05AM
i would absolutely love it.

thunderstruck
8/5/09 3:50:51AM
man ....i always pictured the crazy pride lady to be like a witch looking misses who lived in a dungeon and they only let her out for events lol . i was kinda disappointed in how plain she looked when i saw her . as awesome as buffer is , to me , i just cant get enough of that crazy broad . made me want to uppercut girlscouts id get so amped .
tepid55
8/5/09 11:10:43AM
I think this would be awesome.