Ufc is doing a good job with its PPV's

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ufc is doing a good job with its PPV's
ricoj3323
2/7/08 12:46:38PM
I have been watching the ufc for a long time and recently they have been doing better with the ppv's as in airing more prelims. I used to only see 4 or 5 fights and now they are showing 8 fights, which is great because I'm getting what I paid for. I'm not worried about UFC 82 because I'm completely sure that they will show diego's, arlovski's and koscheck's fights even though they are prelims. basically I'm way more excited for ppv's now because I get to see more fights

what do you think
prozacnation1978
2/7/08 12:52:48PM
it's not them doing a good job it's just that they have way to many fighters and with so many they can make great matchups as well as put more fights on cards like this next one and in april
mmadb
2/7/08 12:58:23PM
If the non-prelims go the distance you don't get any of those fights. They are throwing the prelims in because they have time to fill. It's always been that way, it just seems the last few PPV's have seen more fights ending faster and giving them more time to fill up with prelims after the main event.
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 1:12:41PM
no and heres why

1-not showing all the fights
2-not showing them all for a price of 44$
3-not making oversea events free (england has a sport channel which gives them pretty much free access to most UFCs)
4-its 44$ when they could sell more ppv's and make more money if it was 30 or less
5-they dont always show 8 fights like you mentioned that event just happened to work out that way, if all the main fights were longer youd see 4-5 fights instead of 4-5 plus a couple of a quick 1-2 fights
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/7/08 2:08:44PM

Posted by mmadb

If the non-prelims go the distance you don't get any of those fights. They are throwing the prelims in because they have time to fill. It's always been that way, it just seems the last few PPV's have seen more fights ending faster and giving them more time to fill up with prelims after the main event.

for the record, they did air Emerson/Nakamura last weekend and kelly/Taylor on UFC 80. so they are airing decisions on the prelims.....as long as its exciting

i love it though, and the cards they are putting on this yr are top-notch
loonytnt
2/7/08 3:00:28PM
i think they show more because the fights went so fast
mmadb
2/8/08 10:04:27AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by mmadb

for the record, they did air Emerson/Nakamura last weekend and kelly/Taylor on UFC 80. so they are airing decisions on the prelims.....as long as its exciting

i love it though, and the cards they are putting on this yr are top-notch

Nowhere did I say they wouldn't show a prelim that was a decision, all I said was you're only seeing more prelim fights because they have time to fill due to the fights on the main card ending quicker (not decisions).