UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)
« Previous Page
CornishMMA
9/7/07 2:43:14PM
Weigh in results

PRIDE champion Dan Henderson (204 lbs.) vs. UFC champion Quinton Jackson (204 lbs.)
Michael Bisping (205 lbs.) vs. Matt Hamill (205 lbs.)
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (220 lbs.) vs. Cheick Kongo (231 lbs.)
Marcus Davis (169 lbs.) vs. Paul Taylor (171 lbs.)
Houston Alexander (203 lbs.) vs. Alessio Sakara (205 lbs.)
Terry Etim (155 bs.) vs. Gleison Tibau (156 lbs.)
Tomasz Drwal (204 lbs.) vs. Thiago Silva (204 lbs.)
Dennis Siver (154 lbs.) vs. Naoyuki Kotani (155 lbs.)
Jess Liaudin (170 lbs.) vs. Anthony Torres (170 lbs.)

Happy to see Tibau made weight easily, he is MASSIVE at 155!!!!!!!! Also am surprised Houston was so light, he seemed like a BIG LHW, he wouldnt of overcut to 203 would he??
CornishMMA
9/7/07 2:49:40PM
The weigh in video is on UFC.COM now
Bountytaker
9/7/07 4:45:29PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Weigh in results

PRIDE champion Dan Henderson (204 lbs.) vs. UFC champion Quinton Jackson (204 lbs.)
Michael Bisping (205 lbs.) vs. Matt Hamill (205 lbs.)
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (220 lbs.) vs. Cheick Kongo (231 lbs.)
Marcus Davis (169 lbs.) vs. Paul Taylor (171 lbs.)
Houston Alexander (203 lbs.) vs. Alessio Sakara (205 lbs.)
Terry Etim (155 bs.) vs. Gleison Tibau (156 lbs.)
Tomasz Drwal (204 lbs.) vs. Thiago Silva (204 lbs.)
Dennis Siver (154 lbs.) vs. Naoyuki Kotani (155 lbs.)
Jess Liaudin (170 lbs.) vs. Anthony Torres (170 lbs.)

Happy to see Tibau made weight easily, he is MASSIVE at 155!!!!!!!! Also am surprised Houston was so light, he seemed like a BIG LHW, he wouldnt of overcut to 203 would he??

Congrats to Cheick Kongo for winning the "fattest participant" bonus. Dana's got your Krispy Kreme gift card in his office. Enjoy.
CornishMMA
9/7/07 6:24:10PM

Posted by Bountytaker

Congrats to Cheick Kongo for winning the "fattest participant" bonus. Dana's got your Krispy Kreme gift card in his office. Enjoy.

You mean this guy with the 6pack

Oh ............. wait ............... your talking about his penis arent you?
Jackelope
9/7/07 6:27:26PM
Ahh....ring girls... if only Kongo's package wasn't in the way I could see you in your full glory
CornishMMA
9/7/07 6:27:43PM
Dan cant help but laugh at Rampages attire
CornishMMA
9/7/07 6:28:56PM

Posted by Jackelope

Ahh....ring girls... if only Kongo's package wasn't in the way I could see you in your full glory

I cant believe Diego is doing the blonde one and Burkman the other
Jackelope
9/7/07 6:32:44PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Jackelope

I cant believe Diego is doing the blonde one and Burkman the other

Especially since Diego is such a ****** Dork. At least Burkman is a cool guy.

BTW.. does Hendo have a chub????
Bountytaker
9/7/07 7:25:56PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Bountytaker

You mean this guy with the 6pack

Oh ............. wait ............... your talking about his penis arent you?

lol....

It WAS supposed to be more of a joke about Dana's "bonus money"....but the direction it's gone is MUCH funnier.

Bountytaker
9/7/07 7:29:21PM
BTW: Anyone else believe that in that picture, Diego's girlfriend is thinking: "I was supposed to be done with this weigh in crap by now!"

Diego better get that lady a mansion and a shopping account....STAT!
Jackelope
9/7/07 9:18:01PM
She's probably already got one if she's hooked up with a dork like that
LegendKiller
9/8/07 12:32:55PM
Rampage wins by KO in round 1
ColdCutCombo
9/9/07 12:43:25AM
very disappointing event, i only picked 3 right.
davis over taylor, alexander over sakara, bisping over hamill

hendo vs rampage,

i had hendo winning, very disappointing, rua should defeat jackson, like hendo should of been less tentative and just play his game not rampage's, got to give it to jackson, i was rooting for him to lose but he didnt give up like i had thought.

hamill vs bisping,

dont even get me started, who judeged this fight? what idiot thinks that bisping won that, b/s plain and simple, trying to give those dumb-ass-brits what they wanted, hamill dominated all 3 rounds how do they explain that. worst fight since Penn vs Hughes 2, i picked bisping to win and i cant believe that they screwed hamill like that.

cro cop vs kongo,

cro cop looked terrible, picked him to win devestatingly, but he was outworked. good win for kongo, he'll probably fight arlovski next, or the winner of vera/sylvia.

etim vs tibau,

great one, thought etim would pull it out but a great win, last time i saw tibau he got his ass wooped by nick diaz, better fight for him

dont care about the undercard fights. im getting more and more suspicious of the ufc's hidden agenda here, (besides taking your money on the paperviews) mostly about fixing fights, hendo just didnt seem as sharp as his fight with wanderlei, it was like watching an older dan, this has pretty much swayed me away the ufc for good, i really wanted dan to win, i still think hes better than jackson but all the same it was a good one and hope to see a rematch.
KissMyBallz
9/9/07 1:43:43AM
Great event.

I picked Cheick because I felt that Cro Cop wasnt yet fully recovered from that bad foot injury. If you watch the countdown carefully, Cro Cop was very defensive and didnt want to talk about the Gonzaga fight nor his foot injury which he admitted he had alot of Rehab on. Right then I knew, he wouldnt throw is patented leg kicks, which he didnt. Good night for Kongo.

Hendo/Ramapge? Wow. First round when Hendo got that clinch and dirty boxing going, I was thinking it was gonna be a long night for Rampage. But Rampage found his clinch game, i mproved his defenses against the knee, and landed some nice inside shots throughout the fight and controlled the top position game enough to win. Turned out to be a long night for Hendo. Interestingly enough and by the 5th round, Hendo was visibly gassed.

Hammill/Bisping?

Bisping Home Field advantage won that fight for him. Plain and simple. No way in hell did bisping win that fight.

And I loved the Davis/Taylor fight. Kick dude in the head? He armbars to into a tap. Great fight.
Mojo2007
9/9/07 7:57:03AM
Hey ColdCutCombo I'm a brit and i certainly didn't think Bisping won. That was the most embarrasing decision i've ever witnessed on the UFC. You'd think he'd be humble knowing the truth, but no, he chooses to make snide remarks about Hamill.
Mike definitely deserves to be taught some humility. He milked the welcome he got from the crowed at the start of the fight and acted like he was some legend who'd already won the fight.
The UFC should get him to fight someone like Forrest or Stefan Bonner next. The winner ofcourse can face Chuck Liddell as his next 'stepping stone' to his title shot.
sammyd1213
9/9/07 10:18:29AM
Hammil got ****** in the ass last night. I think that it was 30 27 Hammil UD victory.. i was pissing when the decision was made because I KNEW that Bisbing had lost.. that really pissed me off.. but Matt showed great class in the loss and will be back tough.. and I now hate Mike Bisbing because of the decision...
Hicksville
9/9/07 10:48:00AM

Posted by sammyd1213

Hammil got ****** in the ass last night. I think that it was 30 27 Hammil UD victory.. i was pissing when the decision was made because I KNEW that Bisbing had lost.. that really pissed me off.. but Matt showed great class in the loss and will be back tough.. and I now hate Mike Bisbing because of the decision...

Bisping didn't judge the damn fight. Hamill won the first round, but it can certainly be argued that Bisping won the last two. Personally, I'm glad taking someone down for 20 seconds doesn't give you a W. Sure, the fight could have gone both ways, but in the last two rounds, I believe Bisping had the slight upperhand (the last two minutes of round two and most of round 3).

Seen the fight a couple of times now, and I'm not as convinced as most people seem to be. - And people hating on Bisping because of this is nothing less than retarded.
AchillesHeel
9/9/07 11:47:54AM
More evidence that the UFC should allow for more Draws in their scoring system, imo.
MattHughesFan
9/9/07 11:51:27AM
I don't know what everyone else saw but Hamil dominated from the opening bell to the closing bell and the only reason Bisping got the decision was because it was in London. that pisses me off to because i picked Hamil to win by UD and i had money on it, but even people who were rooting for Bisping agree Hamill got robbed. i see it 30-27 for Hamil possibly even lower for Bisping
jitsufighter
9/9/07 12:17:08PM
Great fight with Rampage and Hendo. I was going for Hendo but it was clear that Rampage was the physically stronger of the two which in my opinion won the fight.

Hamill & Bisping...what can you say? It's clear that Hamill won the 1st and 2nd round with the 3rd round should've been a draw or 10-9 Bisping. Jabs and straights ain't gonna get you a win. I've lost even more respect for Bisping and he things he's God's gift to the LHW division. I say feed him to Wandy in December if he wants a "challenge".

WTF Crocop? Gameplan should've been takedown and gnp THAT'S IT! Instead he chose to stand? Bad choice.

Alexander is no fluke.
MattHughesFan
9/10/07 2:26:00PM
anybody have the link to the post fight press conference??
fullfighting
9/10/07 7:35:40PM
Hammil got completely screwed. And then Bisping had the nerve to talk trash on Hammil in his interview with Rogan. I used to think Bisping was one of the coolest fighters but I don't care for him anymore. Not because the judges gave him the win in a fight he LOST but because he talked trash on Hammil at the end. Don't forget most of those people in that arena were there to see Bisping. Total crap, and I liked Bisping more than Hammil going into that fight but now I will be rooting against him. It felt like I was watching a bad boxing decision. I hope that crap doesn't start to happen or this unbelievable/awesome sport will find itself where boxing is now. Scary!
MattHughesFan
9/10/07 9:26:02PM
True same here. whats worse u can see the disappointment on Bisping's face when the final bell rang. i mean it was pretty clear to him he lost. I'm really surprised the UFC has that poll up on their site about who should have gotten the decision. i would have thought they would try to hide the decision as much as possible and get a rematch ready asap. i believe Hamil is in the lead with almost 90% of the vote
CornishMMA
9/11/07 6:30:19AM
The poll on ufc.com looks like this

Who Do YOU Think Should Have Been Awarded The Decision At UFC 75??
Michael Bisping 9.79%
Matt Hamill 90.21%

And did you hear what Bisping said and how he acted at the press conference?

As soon as UFC UK president Marshall Zelaznik opened the floor to questions, a British reporter asked Bisping if he felt he had won.

White, who said he felt Hamill won the fight two rounds to one, said he was told the man questioning Bisping was not a reporter, but rather a Hamill cornerman.

But instead of brushing it off and saying he felt he won and moving on, Bisping took a more unbecoming posture.

“Of course,” Bisping said in an aggressive tone, which was much different than his witty, light-hearted persona in the days leading up to the fight. “Why would you talk to me like that?“

The questioner then responded, “Seriously?” which seemed to get Bisping further agitated.

“What do you mean, seriously?” Bisping said. “Do you want to go three rounds? … Of course I won the decision. Get the (expletive) out of here. Get that smile off your face.“

And then Bisping made an obscene gesture.

I cant say what i want to say about that guy but i will just say this, im ashamed to to have him as our british posterboy, please let the UFC sign Semtex so he can take that role, i cant wait for the rematch that Dana said will DEFINATELY happen, Bisping will even be poor at 185lbs getting KTFO by most current MW's
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]