UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
babytater03
8/28/07 12:50:50PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Houston Alexander has something coming to him, he probablly thinks he's the best in the world right now. People say there is no lucky wins, but I believe that win was pure luck. Sakara will make him look like a chump with his crisp technical striking.

/agree
Thunderfighting
8/28/07 6:33:05PM
i dont understand how everyone counts Hendo out. What i see happening, is Hendo beating Rampage with no mercy just like he has done to everyone else. Will it be a knockout, probably not. I see these guys feeling eachother out for a round or two then, it will get exiting. Hendo comes out with a split decison. OR rampage will pull a gsp and choke and get knocked out in the first minute of the fight. Who knows.
cmill21
8/28/07 8:45:21PM
Hendo's tough as nails, dynamite in both hands, and is an excelent wrestler, he's has a very good chance. Not to mention he KO'd wand, rampage coulden't....to say the least.
XMicsR4SwingingX
8/29/07 12:16:44AM
I can't wait for Rampage to lose his belt. I admit he's a good fighter, I just never liked the guy.
placente
8/29/07 11:42:09AM
i think hendo is gonna win the fight mostly because he is the better wrestler and has some sick power in his hands, it is gonna b a war nonetheless.

cropcop vs kongo is a difficult match to predict but i think cropcop will ko kongo, but if kongo applies fedor's gameplan that was to pressure him all the time, i dont think cropcop's gonna pull it off

sakara vs alexander. alexander has a good chance of ko him, mayb a one-punch ko, look wat happened to Jardine thou, he rocked alexander then he hurt jardine. So sakara better keep his gloves up.
MondayNiteMauser
8/30/07 8:58:40AM
hendo is gonna get Rampage. Dan is gonna be in the best shape of his life and i don't think the size advantage of rampage will have any effect on the fight. Dan will out work and punish rampage while on his way to a victory.
Cro Cop will give everything he has to kongo and probably win in dramatic fashion.
I'm not gonna be suprised if Matt Hamill drags out a decision on Bisping even though it's in England i still think if Hamill can get to the ground he can pound out a decision over bisping but it is a long shot i'll admit.
Houston Alexander looks to be the real deal but his opponent is a tough one. It looks to be a very exciting fight.
A great card is lined up for UFC 75 and the best part about it is Spike TV is hosting it. THANKS DANA!!
keith-hackney1
8/30/07 9:50:13AM
Guys, whats the deal with hendo ?? ... This is a dangerous first defence for jackson. Dont forget hendo just ko'd silva the champ who ko'd jackson twice.
I can see hendo taking the belt from rampage !!! ... Its a 50/50 call.
CornishMMA
8/31/07 9:45:50AM

Posted by Thunderfighting

i dont understand how everyone counts Hendo out. What i see happening, is Hendo beating Rampage with no mercy just like he has done to everyone else.

Please see Hendo VS Misaki 2

Dan beat a weakened below par Wandy tbh, and he is really a MW and will be too small for Rampage, he cant outwrestler him nor outstrike him, all his recent fights being against MW's (and some of them ebing less than impressive decision wins) sint going to help and i dont give Hendo much more than 1 punch chance
matthughes23
9/1/07 8:00:52AM
Rampage vs. hendo:
I'm pullin for hendo all the way. I think it will be a very close fight. It can go either way

Cro Cop vs. Kongo:
CC should win. Kongo cannot do what GG did to CC coz Kongo's ground game is worth shit. CC by KO 1st or 2nd

Bisping vs. Hamill:
A step down in competition for Bisping. Bisping by TKO

kingkicker
9/1/07 1:08:19PM
Yeah i think Hamil will get hurt badd
ColdCutCombo
9/2/07 12:13:33AM
henderson OVER jackson [ko'3]
filipovic OVER kongo [ko'2]
bisping OVER hamill [decision]
sakara OVER alexander [tko'2]
davis OVER taylor [ko'3]
ColdCutCombo
9/2/07 12:15:27AM
aerts is a legend tho... no offense to mirko
puppettamer
9/2/07 6:09:18PM
my opinion is that bisbing actull will win by sub if anything in this fight i cant see it staying standing for to long to be truthful and yeha well bisbing by armbar or hammill by dec i see it. but i also see sakurai pulling off a sub via valamaki
Sheddy
9/3/07 10:37:54AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Houston Alexander has something coming to him, he probablly thinks he's the best in the world right now. People say there is no lucky wins, but I believe that win was pure luck. Sakara will make him look like a chump with his crisp technical striking.

I got Sakara too.

Houston's win wasn't luck, rather Jardine's fault he didn't finish.
CornishMMA
9/4/07 2:46:08PM

Posted by matthughes23
Bisping vs. Hamill:
A step down in competition for Bisping. Bisping by TKO

Sorry dude but LOL at you thinking Hamill is BELOW guys like Elvis, Schafer, and Haynes!!!!!!!!!

PS - Im british but picking Hamill to win a UD, Bisping has never faced a wrestler like Hamill and i DOUBT (dont know for sure) he has a great sprawl, but i do know for sure that Hamill has a good chin and can take Bispings power (it isnt KO quality and he is too small at LHW)

Look at the UFC 75 poster they have on the PRIDE website, its a bit mental as it wasnt that long ago Rampage was a pride fighter and he is still more of a PRIDE fighter on paper
OchoCinco
9/4/07 10:10:39PM
I'm a Liddell nuthugger I want to see rampage get KTFO!!!!
cmill21
9/6/07 12:17:28AM
Man just watched the 75 countdown, Mirko looks piiiissed. I honestly think it could be one his best fights ever, sitting all he's heard about is gg, waiting much longer then he's accustomed to in pride, he looks like he'll be totally focused and I'm friggin excited. Also I picked Hendo, he's going to be able to exchange, he'll be able to take anything rampage can hand out, and then when he needs to he can win rounds with take downs, so I picked hendo by UD. The Hamill Bisping fight is pissing me off, Hamill might be able to lay and pray for three rounds and get the UD, but Bisping might be able to KO him with his knees, so I dunno.
CornishMMA
9/6/07 8:16:27AM
Hamill isnt a lay and pray guy thats a bit unfair tbh, top wrestlers get that moniker despite having good GnP, ok he may not look to pass and apply subs but he will GnP and cut Bisping open i think, Hamills last fight was impressive (watch it in the video section if you havnt already)

about CC, he has always comeback very very strong after a loss and while Kongo is tough and will hit CC i dont CC getting beat with strikers, ive had a punt wager on Kongo anyway tho with such good odds
CornishMMA
9/6/07 8:54:11AM
Here are some good fights to watch pre UFC 75, both Sakara and Hamills last fights and Kongos most impressive showing

matt-hamill-vs-rex-holman-ufc-68

alessio-sakara-vs-victor-valimaki

cheick-kongo-vs-christian-wellisch-ufc-62
jocka
9/6/07 1:42:51PM
Thanks for the fights

I have to say that Matt Hamill stand up is awfull wow he should tuck that should and keeps thoses hands up, Bisping should win unless Mat Hamill does the lay and pray strategy

As long as Crocop stays away from the clinch HE is gonna win but i think that Kongo is gonna try to go to the groud to do some group n pound. Would that be funny if Cropcop wins by submission lol

I would lose Rampage to win that one, he is so big compared to Hendo, i want him to slam him on the mat so hard that he knowcks Hendo out lol but i could see Hendo winning that one with a right hand very hard to call

Its gonna be an awsome event ;) and its free.
CornishMMA
9/6/07 3:28:01PM
Well ironically not for us brits this around, but im more than happy to pay a little for this amazing event which holds a defining moment in MMA, the 1st ever unification fight may not be between Chuck and Wandy or even Fedor and Randy, and its a fight that could of happened in pride a few years ago but still it is champion vs champion and how these guys fought in their last fights should make it even better than the previously mentioned superfights

Hamills standup is very much improved imo, yes he didnt tuck his chin much and his hands were low but he was fighting a guy who couldnt strike for shiit and also Hamill knows his chin is so solid he aint afraid to get hit, im sure he will tuck it more and raise his hands against Bisping but he shouldnt be that worried about getting hit by weak fisted Bisping who has displayed zxero ko power imh ............. cummo KO's haynes ............. Bisping couldnt .......... nuff said
Kastro
9/6/07 4:14:18PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by ufc88

haha i feel so bad for cheick kongo his only method of winning the fight is by striking, good luck striking with mirko, hes gona absolutely destroy him

I disagree dude, they are not that far apart in terms of striking skills, watch CC VS Aerts to see CC suffer at the hands of a top kickboxer, Kongo could beat him with those kicks to the body

This is MMA though not kickboxing...

Cro Cop has evolved tremendously since fighting in K1, and if you know how fast Cro Cops reflexes are (Magomedov, Silva 2, Aleks) and how slow Kongo's bulky striking is you would realize that Kongo is going to have a hard time hitting Mirko when he wants to... this fight is exactly what Cro Cop wants...

Kongo's most dangerous weapons IMO are his knees, which should not be a problem for CC as he has brought in Yvel and some others to help him prepare for Kongo...

Its not going to be a cakewalk for Mirko, but I do see him taking this in the 1st or 2nd round quite easily... going to be an exciting fight thats for sure!
Kastro
9/6/07 4:18:54PM

Posted by OchoCinco

I'm a Liddell nuthugger I want to see rampage get KTFO!!!!

Sorry dude, not gonna happen...

Rampage has got one of the toughest chins in MMA..
cmill21
9/6/07 6:48:58PM
CornishMMA, Mirko beat aerts.
snakeplissken
9/7/07 2:21:33AM
Well I was at the press conference In London yesterday and it as fairly by the numbers... Until Dana mentioned that Randy Coture was flying in today especially for Saturday?!? Now, none of his camp are on this card, so why was he coming? Possibly to be involved in some sort of big announcement regarding his next opponent.

Other than that, Matt Hamill, nice guy although he does come across a bit farm boy in the big city about him. Quinton was on good form when ther UK press asked about should the sport be banned he replied that Ballet should be banned.... Bisping was looking more than ready for the fight. But to me the standout from the press conference was Houston Alexander. Great interview very focussed.
jocka
9/7/07 8:13:43AM
I hope he does keep his hand up and chin down cause it doesn t take that much power to knock someone out see what happend to chuck ( i am not comparing Bosping with Rampage lol they are on 2 different levels) eitherway i dont think that none of these 2 guys will ever be top 10 fighters in the LHW division. It will still be an intertaining fight
CornishMMA
9/7/07 8:30:04AM
Firstly thats a really old post and it was already established i put aerts when i meant to say hoost

Posted by Kastro
This is MMA though not kickboxing...

Cro Cop has evolved tremendously since fighting in K1, and if you know how fast Cro Cops reflexes are (Magomedov, Silva 2, Aleks) and how slow Kongo's bulky striking is you would realize that Kongo is going to have a hard time hitting Mirko when he wants to... this fight is exactly what Cro Cop wants...

Kongo's most dangerous weapons IMO are his knees, which should not be a problem for CC as he has brought in Yvel and some others to help him prepare for Kongo...

Its not going to be a cakewalk for Mirko, but I do see him taking this in the 1st or 2nd round quite easily... going to be an exciting fight thats for sure!

Thanks but i do "know" the exact opposite of what you think, Kongos striking ISNT slow at all dude, just wait to see his fast straight lefts and rights down the pipe, so sorry but i wont "realize" that. But well done on dressing up your opinions as facts and trying to teach me the truth
Im picking CC by TKO leg/body kicks in the 2nd though i think Kongo will hit and hurt CC before that (with punches not kicks)
Sheddy
9/7/07 10:45:18AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by chickmagnet

Rampage will be destroyed

How??????????????? seriously i dont understand people picking Hendo, let alone saying he will destroy Rampage!!!

Hendo did lose a decision to Misaki not too long ago you know, who then got schooled by Trigg! I know thats kinda fighter math which is tarded but Hendo doesnt have enough to beat Rampage and he really should cut to 185 and fight there imho

You can't come out there with the mmath, or we could throw Silva's name in there to balance it out a bit.
jocka
9/7/07 11:30:25AM

Posted by Sheddy

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by chickmagnet

Rampage will be destroyed

How??????????????? seriously i dont understand people picking Hendo, let alone saying he will destroy Rampage!!!

Hendo did lose a decision to Misaki not too long ago you know, who then got schooled by Trigg! I know thats kinda fighter math which is tarded but Hendo doesnt have enough to beat Rampage and he really should cut to 185 and fight there imho

You can't come out there with the mmath, or we could throw Silva's name in there to balance it out a bit.

I aggree the only you can do is hope for the best lol and be careful who you bet your cash on ;)
CornishMMA
9/7/07 11:59:28AM
But its clear to anyone that the Wanderlei Dan beat wasnt the same Wandy that beat Rampage twice. I dont see it as total fighter math, im just looking at one of his recent fights and he lose a decision to a MW, Dan is too small not good enough at using his wrestling to his advantage and even that big right wont hurt Rampage, only knees can it seems

Fighters just weighed in, wish i knew the results, does anyone know where to get them from?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4