UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Chris_Keppel
8/4/07 6:30:35PM
100% Honest here. I picked Houston Alexander over Keith The Dean of Mean Jardine.... I told my dad Alexander was going to kick his ass, and my old man disagreed lol.

As the fight went on, and Jardine looked like he got KO'ed, for a few seconds I felt like a complete idiot... I felt as dumb as I felt when GSP got beat by Matt Serra (******), but then... suddenly Alexander prevailed and impressed even me, who already thought he was going to win.

I like Alexander, I don't think he is top 5 or top 10, but he's defintly fun to watch. Him and Liddell would be a better fight then him and Jardine, only because of his power, and Jardine will throw wild punches and get countered all day because Liddell throws crazy ass punches at crazy ass angles.

Anyway, Alexander KO's Sakara.

Jackson TKO's Hendo.
Cro Cop KO's Kongo.
Bisping TKO's Hamill (sadly... go usa.)

........and I hope GSP rebounds and beats Koscheck (whole other topic.)
matthughes23
8/4/07 9:49:28PM
Rampage is the favourite, but i hope Hendo pulls through
CornishMMA
8/5/07 6:09:38AM

Posted by cmill21

I just wanted to tell you something, more of a how smart hoost is thing, Mirko came into that fight with severly injured ribs, hoost being the master tactician he is keyed on his ribs. Either way theres Hoost is on a totally different level then kongo, hoost is probly in the top 3 of all time best kick boxers. I think kongo's best chance to win is on the ground.

Hmmm ok fair enough, and maybe that is his best chance as he actually does have very good BJJ, just utterly crap wrestling so i very much doubt that fight would hit the ground, i still think Kongo is a veru good kickboxer tho and could still hurt CC with his hard kicks, we shall see

RE wanting Hendo to win - i dont know why you want this??? He has no personality, he is reallly a 185 MW fighter, he has a recent loss to Misaki who was then schooled by Trigg! He isnt that exciting of a fighter, and theres just really no benefit in him being champ, rampage all the way baby
NatedawgThaM
8/6/07 7:26:05PM
Rampage-Hendo will be an all out BRAWL!!!!!

Hendo won't take Rampage down, because Rampage stopped a Randleman takedown when Kevin was on horse steroids!!! Hendo could be slick but I doubt Rampage will amke it easy....I doubt Rampage will take Hendo down unless thy brawl into the corner and clinch and Rampage slams him from there...

I doubt this one goes the distance, it will be a stand up all out brawl!!!! Rampage is known fo his excellent brawling skills but Hendo gots that huge right...

I predict a 3rd or 4th round KO....

Mirko KO's Kongo but will be a pretty good fight to watch
Michael will beat the hell out of Matt Hamel. There both great wrestlers but Michael will destroy him in stand up and knock him down then out...
Btews22
8/7/07 1:30:34AM
The title fight is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the fight of the year!! the first PRIDE VS UFC title fight!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 rounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On FREE TV!!!!!!!!cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rampage Will dominate this fight because of two reasons.
1) His head movement was so solid against Liddle, I hear that Hendo has a good right hand....... So does Chuck actually Liddle still has the best right hand in MMA and he was so frustrated he couldn't land it he through it to to the body just to make contact.....
2)Jackson's clinch game is under rated...... second to only Shogun at 205..
Hendo is a wrestler who will shoot when he gets frustrated swinging and missing. From what I have seen Rampage has been improving his
take down D by using some great under hooks.....When Hendo gets close look out for that big counter knee (think Sherk VS Franka)

After the dust settles we will only have one champ at 205............Quniton "Rampage" Jackson.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DCRage
8/7/07 12:36:47PM
I'm taking Rampage. Henderson's a great fighter but he won't have had a chance to adjust back to the UFC style of fighting and I think that works against him here, whereas Rampage has a couple fights back under his belt. Rampage is gonna whoop Hendo's ass, as he would say.
KYGUY07
8/8/07 3:54:14PM
i just cant wait to see hamill get destroyd
pv3Hpv3p
8/8/07 4:42:54PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Whoops i meant Hoost not Aerts, they were mainly body punches and CC just didnt love them, so it seems shots to the body could be a good way for Kongo to win, i will be picking CC but do think Kongo has a very good chance, he shouldnt be as bigger dog as GG was really, id say its 60/40 really

Please, please, please tell me you are not comparing Cheik Kongo to Ernesto Hoost

Even if he did try to employ Hoost's strategy, there's a reason Hoost is considered by many to be the best kickboxer ever, and it's not just because he hits hard... Cmill is right... he was a very smart fighter, and literally perfected the body... It's hard to think of guys that go to the body better than Mr. Perfect... Sorry, but I just think this is a bad comparison.
adamal
8/10/07 12:45:55AM
I am happy whenever I can watch Rampage for free. I love that Spike is showing this card. I think it is a pretty solid lineup for something that the UFC will not be making any money from the bulk of their auidence on. (Tickets and PPV buys in USA.)
CornishMMA
8/10/07 9:06:05AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Please, please, please tell me you are not comparing Cheik Kongo to Ernesto Hoost

Even if he did try to employ Hoost's strategy, there's a reason Hoost is considered by many to be the best kickboxer ever, and it's not just because he hits hard... Cmill is right... he was a very smart fighter, and literally perfected the body... It's hard to think of guys that go to the body better than Mr. Perfect... Sorry, but I just think this is a bad comparison.

Depends what you think "comparing" means really? Obviously Kongo isnt as gooder striker as Hoost or any top level K1 guy, but he is one of the best kickboxers in the UFC so i just said that targeting the body the same was Hoost did would be the way for Kongo to win, he is a very fast and explosive striker, just watch his winning fights for the examples of him flurrying on his opponents, CC does have that small chin and if Kongo finds it he could go out, i just dont see this fight as a total given for CC, its 60/40 IMHO
adamal
8/12/07 1:53:37AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Freee pay per view. I can't wait to see bisping destory hamill!

Totally Bisping is awesome!
johny_rotten
8/12/07 2:25:15PM
This is with out a doubt the best free MMA card in the history of the sport. The unification alone would be worth $40. Cro Cop vs Kongo has fireworks written all over it. Bisbing vs Hamil is a fight that needed to happen, but could turn out to be very boring. I think we will see a tentative Count, and Matt will most likely be looking to lay n pray. If Hamil is cocky and stands up with Bisbing it could be a Griffin/Bonnar 1 type of fight.
chickmagnet
8/12/07 5:28:49PM
Rampage will be destroyed
zephead
8/12/07 6:52:07PM
The one thing I have noticed, in Cro Cops loses, there are always excuses. He was hurt, he didn't take someone seriously. when you lose, you lose. Period
cmill21
8/12/07 6:58:10PM
Lol well for the hoost fight he wen't in with damaged ribs, and everyone knew that especially hoost, if you watch the fight he exploits it to a perfection, not an excuse more of an admiration of Mr.Perfect. There was no excuse against fedor . I agree that kongo is one of the better kick boxers in the UFC, but Mirko was an elite K-1 kick boxer and is no THE best kick boxer in the UFC. I don't think this is a gimme fight in anyways, I just like Mirko's chances against strikers outside of hoost lol.
ultimatefight56
8/13/07 3:25:12PM
UFC 75 Picks:
Henderson by 3rd round TKO
Cro Cop by 1st round Submission
Hamil by 2nd round TKO
Sakara by 2nd round TKO
Tibau by decision
Davis by 1st round KO
Laudin by decision
T. Silva by 2nd round TKO
Siver by decison

CornishMMA
8/15/07 3:16:21PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Rampage will be destroyed

How??????????????? seriously i dont understand people picking Hendo, let alone saying he will destroy Rampage!!!

Hendo did lose a decision to Misaki not too long ago you know, who then got schooled by Trigg! I know thats kinda fighter math which is tarded but Hendo doesnt have enough to beat Rampage and he really should cut to 185 and fight there imho
tommyprairie
8/18/07 11:15:48AM
This will be a great card
Violence108
8/18/07 7:53:21PM
this is how the fight ends
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
krthll1
8/19/07 4:05:01AM
I personally feel that the fight card is okay. the main fights are really good. Other than that the card is fairly average.
CornishMMA
8/20/07 6:15:41AM
Yeah but the prelims were never going to be that good as they are almost guaranteed not to be shown on SPIKE TV, it was the same with UFC 70 and on paper they looked "meh" but turned out to be the much better fights, Davis is looking quality as well
Philtheagony
8/21/07 11:43:20PM
I personally can't wait for this card. I'm looking forward to it more than 74. Rampage and Henderson will be a good fight but I see Henderson taking it.
cmill21
8/22/07 3:11:39AM

Posted by Violence108

this is how the fight ends

Lol dana looks happy in that pic.
peachfuzzz1305
8/22/07 4:44:27AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Houston Alexander has something coming to him, he probablly thinks he's the best in the world right now. People say there is no lucky wins, but I believe that win was pure luck. Sakara will make him look like a chump with his crisp technical striking.

cmill21
8/22/07 6:01:51AM
Power isn't luck, that guy can end a fight with one shot. I'm amazed jardine was standing after 2 of those shots.
grappler83
8/24/07 11:33:56PM
I agree, Hamil was such a sloppy fighter on TUF3. I also think Rampage will whoop Henderson!
CornishMMA
8/25/07 8:12:30PM

Posted by grappler83

I agree, Hamil was such a sloppy fighter on TUF3. I also think Rampage will whoop Henderson!

Hamill was 0-0 on TUF3 and had hardly trained, that was nearly 2 years ago and he has improved ALOT since then, he can take a punch for sure, he ates some hard ones from Seth and is so strong with his takedowns he could easily beat Bisping, im british but im picking matt to win in the big upset of iron chin and blanket decision
jocksmall
8/27/07 6:27:10PM
the main event should be a great one. and the card looks good to me considering its free.
tommyprairie
8/27/07 10:28:42PM
Rampage's Conditioning has yet to be tested. when was the last time he fought 2 minutes? Ever?
Sam_Rothstein
8/28/07 11:31:34AM
ive become a pretty big rampage fan since he came to the ufc, but i don't see how he can beat dan henderson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4