UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 75 Discussion (Full Fight Card With Pics)
Next Page »
CornishMMA
7/23/07 5:39:46AM

UFC 75: SEPTEMBER 8th, 2007 IN LONDON, ENGLAND

Main card airs in the UK on Setanta PPV at 8:00PM (BST) and in the United States via tape delay on Spike TV on Saturday, September 8th at 9:00 PM (ET/PT)

CURRENT RUMORED FIGHT CARD

Jackson -VS- Henderson
Cro Cop -VS- Kongo
Bisping -VS- Hamill
Sakara -VS- Alexander

/\ THOSE ARE THE 4 MAIN CARD GUARANTEED LIVE FIGHTS

Taylor -VS- Davis

/\ THIS FIGHT IS THE SWING BOUT ON THE MAIN CARD

Liaudin -VS- Torres
Siver -VS- Kotani

Silva -VS- Drwal
Etim -VS- Tibau

/\ THOSE 4 ARE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED AS PRELIMS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan "Hollywood" Henderson -100
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson -125

Cheick Kongo +620
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic -580

Matt Hamill +300
Michael "The Count" Bisping -280

Alessio "Legionarius" Sakara +200
Houston Alexander -185

Paul Taylor +300
Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis -280

Gleison Tibau -115
Terry Etim -125

Tomasz Drwal +360
Thiago Silva -340

Dennis Siver +110
Naoyuki Kotani -100

Anthony "The Crush" Torres -105
Jess "Joker" Liaudin -125
owen1
7/23/07 8:47:31AM
it seems like a pretty solid card to me.i cant wait to see rampage whoop dans ass.
jomatty
7/23/07 10:47:13AM
looks a little lackluster to me but i am also excited about the main event. not sure about the outcome though, but im certainly not counting dan out.
fedorwins1
7/23/07 11:07:36AM
Houston Alexander has something coming to him, he probablly thinks he's the best in the world right now. People say there is no lucky wins, but I believe that win was pure luck. Sakara will make him look like a chump with his crisp technical striking.
Twenty20Dollars
7/23/07 11:18:41AM
Freee pay per view. I can't wait to see bisping destory hamill!
SpiderSilva
7/23/07 11:35:05AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Houston Alexander has something coming to him, he probablly thinks he's the best in the world right now. People say there is no lucky wins, but I believe that win was pure luck. Sakara will make him look like a chump with his crisp technical striking.

It looked like he knocked out Jardine like five times before it was over
Mastodon2
7/23/07 11:44:15AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by fedorwins1

Yeah because he was throwing loads of wild, ugly punches. Sakara has good boxing. rushing and throwing sloppy swings wont catch Alessio if he is on his game.

The Main card has some serious potential I think, I want to see Rampage destroy Hendo, and Cro Cop destroy Kongo. I think Rampage should be able to beat Hendo, and Cro Cop will mash Kongo. I wouldnt want to be Kongo right now, thats for sure!
warglory
7/23/07 12:55:38PM
I really enjoy both Hendo and Jackson, but I am rotting for Jackson in this one. Not only because I think he is a more dominant fighter, but I like him as a champion. He is good for the UFC. Besides, Hendo already has another title!
DangerousDjohn
7/23/07 1:20:26PM
I can't wait to see Anthony Johnson and Houston Alexander make there encore performances. Kongo is gonna beat Cro Cop. I know it's a longshot, but I see him doin it. I'm willin to take bets!
juanez13
7/23/07 2:18:39PM
i would wanna see hendo vs anderson silva.....afterall hendo is still the middle weight champ (welterweight in pride), but yea i wanna see bisping KO matt hammill, i dislike matt, he is cocky like tito sayin his wresteling is the best........nways kongo vs cro cop, exciting match, cant see this fight goin to decision, both being stand up fighters coming from kickboxing......cro cop for this one, i think alexander will loose for sure...

the only thing im worried about cro cop is the clinch, kongo seems to have a decent clinch and he has long legs,,,,,,,,
ufc88
7/23/07 4:46:13PM
haha i feel so bad for cheick kongo his only method of winning the fight is by striking, good luck striking with mirko, hes gona absolutely destroy him
Ydoc
7/23/07 5:09:45PM
Looking at those pictures both Bisping and Hamill should be fighting at 185, they're the only ones in the whole event that aren't cut.

Gonna be a good card, like someone already said all of these fights have a good chance of finishing by KO.
iwannabesedated
7/23/07 9:45:55PM
Paul Taylor over the Hand Grenade.......
SpiderSilva
7/24/07 12:34:36AM
Every fight could end in Knock out that coud turn out to be nice
CornishMMA
7/24/07 9:09:34AM

Posted by ufc88

haha i feel so bad for cheick kongo his only method of winning the fight is by striking, good luck striking with mirko, hes gona absolutely destroy him

I disagree dude, they are not that far apart in terms of striking skills, watch CC VS Aerts to see CC suffer at the hands of a top kickboxer, Kongo could beat him with those kicks to the body
CornishMMA
7/24/07 9:12:47AM
Oh and this card is easily better on paper than UFC 70 was and im SURE it will prove to better afterwards as well

Main event is better
Kongo CC is better than AA Werdum on paper
Bisping fight is much better also
Houston Sakara beats the Machida fight also imo
Ultimate_fighter
7/25/07 1:03:19AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by fedorwins1

Yeah because he was throwing loads of wild, ugly punches. Sakara has good boxing. rushing and throwing sloppy swings wont catch Alessio if he is on his game.

R U KIDDING... U think he was throwing sloppy punches, every punch hit jardine's chin, every punch was powerful and it looked smooth, they were not sloppy punches at all! I say Alexander 1st KO!!!
Ultimate_fighter
7/25/07 1:05:00AM
Rampage 3rd KO
Cro Cop 2nd KO
Bisping 2nd KO/TKO
Alexander 1st KO

... A night of Knockouts sounds good to me!
the-james
7/26/07 12:23:55AM

Posted by Ydoc

Looking at those pictures both Bisping and Hamill should be fighting at 185, they're the only ones in the whole event that aren't cut.

Gonna be a good card, like someone already said all of these fights have a good chance of finishing by KO.

Alessio inst as cut as his picture makes him out to be and in his last fight was way out of shape and looked terrible physiclly but hopefully will come in shape this time and will use his superrior boxing skills to put down Alexander in the first round.
the-james
7/26/07 12:27:47AM

Posted by fedorwins1

R U KIDDING... U think he was throwing sloppy punches, every punch hit jardine's chin, every punch was powerful and it looked smooth, they were not sloppy punches at all! I say Alexander 1st KO!!!

Are u kidding me Alexander was just winging punches wildly with jardine against the cage and hit Jardine very hard but they didnt look smooth at all, not to mention he had some of the worst footwork ive ever seen And was dropped by Jardine with one punch, Alessio's boxing is top notch compared to Houstons he will pick him apart easily and knock him out in the first or early second.
CornishMMA
7/31/07 5:28:26AM
They updated the pics on ufc.com with Rampage and his new belt and Hendo copying his stance

This such a great main card, im so happy we get to see it LIVE for a change and all you yankydoodles will have to wait 5 hours to see the 1st ever unification fight, we are so lucky getting such big fights here, fight of the night will be Kongo CC tho fo sho!

Shame its still so long until 74 then just a 2 week gap until this, i wanna see what the wager odds will be etc
LaosPowerHouse
8/1/07 7:18:27AM
It's all about Cro cop and Kongo. 2 awesome stand ups. Gonna be an awesome fight!
BigEvil
8/1/07 3:53:52PM
I hope Rampage wins, i think it kind of sucks when the belt keeps getting passed around.
TNunley
8/1/07 3:55:34PM

Posted by LaosPowerHouse

It's all about Cro cop and Kongo. 2 awesome stand ups. Gonna be an awesome fight!

Cro Who? Was supposed to be such a dominant fighter when he came from Pride. He's barely hanging in there from what it looks like.
the-james
8/1/07 11:22:36PM

Posted by TNunley

Cro Who? Was supposed to be such a dominant fighter when he came from Pride. He's barely hanging in there from what it looks like.

Watch some of Crocop's fights before you say that hes an amazing fighter he just didnt take Gonzaga seriously and got caught in a great gameplan. Crocop will be back and will be impressive against Kongo its a same hes going to have to fight and lose to Nog after and not get his title shot though.
the-james
8/1/07 11:25:04PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Alexander 1st KO

... A night of Knockouts sounds good to me!

Have you ever seen Sakara fight his stand up is on a different level than Alexanders
cmill21
8/1/07 11:37:23PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by ufc88

I disagree dude, they are not that far apart in terms of striking skills, watch CC VS Aerts to see CC suffer at the hands of a top kickboxer, Kongo could beat him with those kicks to the body

You do know Mirko beat Aerts right? He also beat Bonjasky(same size and a better striker then kongo), as well as sapp(bigger more agressive and hits harder), not to mention Lebanner and Bernardo. The reason I think Mirko will win is because kongo keeps his hands apart and around chest level, he's also slower then Mirko and not as dynamic on his feet. In the clinch he is dangerous but he's training with bonjasky, who's incredible with knees, and the clinch so....
CornishMMA
8/2/07 8:38:51AM
Whoops i meant Hoost not Aerts, they were mainly body punches and CC just didnt love them, so it seems shots to the body could be a good way for Kongo to win, i will be picking CC but do think Kongo has a very good chance, he shouldnt be as bigger dog as GG was really, id say its 60/40 really

The Sakara Houston fight is too tough to call cos i just dont know enough about Houston, yeah he looked good beating Jardine but how will he fair against a smaller quicker boxer? Having said that Sakara may be too small and he seems to not like getting hit so im swaying towards Houston
andrasian
8/2/07 10:43:59AM
I just think it would be nice to see Rampage throw out a damn powerbomb. Don't think it'll happen against Henderson but I can always dream.

cmill21
8/2/07 5:06:57PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Whoops i meant Hoost not Aerts, they were mainly body punches and CC just didnt love them, so it seems shots to the body could be a good way for Kongo to win, i will be picking CC but do think Kongo has a very good chance, he shouldnt be as bigger dog as GG was really, id say its 60/40 really

I just wanted to tell you something, more of a how smart hoost is thing, Mirko came into that fight with severly injured ribs, hoost being the master tactician he is keyed on his ribs. Either way theres Hoost is on a totally different level then kongo, hoost is probly in the top 3 of all time best kick boxers. I think kongo's best chance to win is on the ground.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4