MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 74 DIscussion
« Previous Page
griffinisback
8/19/07 6:59:06PM
Randy 5th Rd UD
CornishMMA
8/20/07 6:12:07AM
randy wins a close decision winning his rounds with striking methinks

Would love to see GSP KO/TKO Kos but i just cant see it happening, close decision to Georges but could go either way, Kos is a good wager to make with the odds you get but im praying i lose that!!

Huerta may get himself subbed by the good BJJ guy Crane, so he is also worth a wager methinks, but i do hate how the UFC are showcasing Huerta, its just retarded that every one of his UFC fight have been against debutants, this will be the 5th in a row, he should be nowhere near a title shot really as he has been moving sideways (unconvincingly imho)
matthughes23
8/24/07 4:49:27AM
thank goodness it's finally here
keith-hackney1
8/24/07 5:35:25PM
Guys, randy looks in his most supreme shape, He's ready for GG. I think this is the fight of the year, i called serra over GSP, Koscheck over sanchez and now im gonna call Couture over GG via tko !!!
CornishMMA
8/25/07 8:14:48PM
Good stuff Keith but i pick a Randy UD winning rounds with just striking

Im TOO excited for this event ffs, its really unhealthy, but my 2 fave fighters on the same card, COME ON RANDY AND GSP, WARx2
MMA
8/26/07 12:04:17AM
Spoiler alert!

Wow, I was very surprised that Cote TKO'd Grove with such a weak looking shot. Also, GSP out-wrestling Koscheck was insane! GSP made it look easy taking down Koscheck and pounding him out.
cmill21
8/26/07 1:57:11AM
I think that proves that GG got lucky, Randy will also move up my rankings. I also think GSP proved that Serra got lucky, he dominated Kos, even wrestling. Awsome night.
Jackelope
8/26/07 2:06:38AM
Unbelievable night!!! Way better than the last UFC

Randy once again proves he is, and will continue to be the man.

Gonzaga showed a lot of promise, though. We'll be seeing him.

GSP coming in with that gameplan... I am so impressed. I can't even find the words to express how impressed with the growth he continues to show. Unbelievable night!!!
Ydoc
8/26/07 2:24:44AM
Great night. Couture is going to be my new number 1 ranked HW... and I don't give a crap what others say about it. He's won against two solid top 10 guys and Fedor's last 2 fights have been agianst a SHW and a MW, so I feel justified.

The GSP thing got me thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Hughes retires after his fight with Serra if he wins, that way he doesn't have to fight GSP again, and that way he can retire a champion. Just a thought.
leeman
8/26/07 2:30:56AM
wut a great night! GSP is back!!! Randy.. man im speechless hes a once in a generation type athlete. Stevenson didnt look too good against pellegrino and if the rumour'd bj fight happens i see bj completely destroying him on the feet. Huerta looked amazing.. but once again against a nobody however once he gets put against sum of the top opponents i see him holding his own. As i leave 2 questions... whats next for randy? (big nog?) and this time how long will gsp rule the ww divison for
Raiderz757
8/26/07 2:49:26AM
im stoaked i guess the top 2 fights perfectly. other than that i was ehhh. but damn randy is xciting as hell
AchillesHeel
8/26/07 10:17:45AM

Posted by Ydoc

The GSP thing got me thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Hughes retires after his fight with Serra if he wins, that way he doesn't have to fight GSP again, and that way he can retire a champion. Just a thought.

First, I disagree with your assessment that Matt Hughes is a pussy. Do you have any evidence to support your position? Second, Dana White doesn't give anyone a title fight without a 3-fight contract in place, so even if you weren't completely up a tree, you wouldn't have anything to worry about.
DCRage
8/26/07 10:36:46AM
Randy is God...actually, he just might be immortal. Truly amazing yet again.
I'm curious to see if any more action besides the $25K fine/withholding will be taken against Sobral for his actions against Heath, I'm sure a little more investigating needs to be done as to how it all came to be (Sobral claimed Heath had "choice words" for him, not sure what but sounds like expletives) but he's showing that he shouldn't be in UFC right now between this and all his recent outside issues.
I'm guessing the Lesnar deal isn't sealed either, outside of the rumor he'd be there I heard nothing about the deal being done.
MMA
8/26/07 10:48:06AM

Posted by cmill21

I think that proves that GG got lucky, Randy will also move up my rankings. I also think GSP proved that Serra got lucky, he dominated Kos, even wrestling. Awsome night. [/QUOTE
Gonzaga was overhyped because he beat an unprepared Cro Cop. However, that does not discredit him for being a weak fighter because he was throwing some bombs. I was very surprised that Randy did not get rocked from that head kick (or he did not show it anyways).

A major factor in Gonzaga's loss was that broken nose of his. Tough luck for Gonzaga and congrats to Captain American.]
southgeorgia69
8/26/07 10:50:31AM
I love watching Randy knock people out.

HAHAHAHA

It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny when everybody is rooting against him and he just comes along and WHAM

CAPTAIN AMERICA YOU ARE MY SUPERHERO
Rush
8/26/07 10:53:56AM
IMO, that was one of the best main cards I've seen in a long time, if not ever. All the fights were exciting and technical and the reffing was great. I can't wait to see the undercard fights.

Man each fight had something great.

spoilers below..........

Stevenson vs. Kurt - great fight going back and fourth with reversals and sub attempts.

Grove vs Cote - I was very impressed with Cote in this fight. I even made the coment before he hit Kendall. I am happy for him because I think he has potential. He probably wont be a champion, but I think he can get better and be a fighter to watch.

Huerta vs Crane - Crazy fight. Again, I think Huerta's weakness was exposed just assured me that he is over-rated as a fighter. He doesn't seem to have good takedown defense and his ground game is really only a decent defense. I loved how he used the big screen to throw strikes behind him. lol Crane kept going despite taking a beating. Props to him. Did any one else see that blister pop?

GSP vs. Koscheck - as soon as I saw GSP come out I knew he was winning the fight. You could even see that Kosheck had second thoughts at some points in the first round. I loved it how GSP out wrestled the UFC's wrestling golden boy. I only wish that GSP could've finished him off.

Coutrure vs Gonzaga - This one went down exactly as I called it. As I said before, I wasn't convinced Gonzaga is the next champion. He is a good fighter, but people need to learn that one big win doesn't mean you are going to walk all over the division. Props to Gonzaga for rocking Randy in the 2nd and 3rd rounds despite the beating he took prior. His nose must have been broken because he was breathing out of his mouth.

Refs - they did everything correct IMO. All their calls and stand-ups were done just right and they had great communication with the fighters.
CanadianCripplr
8/26/07 2:38:17PM

Posted by Rush

GSP vs. Koscheck - as soon as I saw GSP come out I knew he was winning the fight. You could even see that Kosheck had second thoughts at some points in the first round. I loved it how GSP out wrestled the UFC's wrestling golden boy. I only wish that GSP could've finished him off.

I too was hoping he would make him tap and I think if he had another 30 seconds Koz woulda been screamin like a little kid. I havent seen a replay but he was just putting a submission on when the bell went, wasnt he?
Rush
8/26/07 3:39:38PM
He didn't look any closer to submitting at the end of the round than earlier.
cmill21
8/26/07 3:44:14PM
It looked like when he grabed Kos leg he screamed in pain.
nate22
8/26/07 3:45:30PM

Posted by Rush

Refs - they did everything correct IMO. All their calls and stand-ups were done just right and they had great communication with the fighters.

One thing on the refs, well Herb in the Couture fight. No warning for GG just a straight up point deduction for cage holding, a little harsh i thought...

He also seemed reluctant for a restart when Randy was not really doing anything with GG against the cage for a long period.

Other than that, spot on I thought also.
sammyd1213
8/26/07 7:28:42PM
Thats what happens when your fighting a guy that everyone wants to see do well... You get no breaks at all..
charlieizu
8/26/07 8:09:27PM

One thing on the refs, well Herb in the Couture fight. No warning for GG just a straight up point deduction for cage holding, a little harsh i thought...

BULLSH1T
GG broke the fight because he had blood in his eyes, you cant do that my man.
as dean said "you can either fight or you cant"
i would have personally taken a point away there and then
CornishMMA
8/26/07 8:48:49PM
Actually it looked to me like Herb warned him and he never broke it, or grabbed it again straight away and it was a takedown stopper that made him do that, i really dont think there was any bias and the refs arent paid by the ufc so have no reason to favor 1 fighter like that
Pages: 1 2 [3]