UFC 74 DIscussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 74 DIscussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
LightsOut33093
7/14/07 8:07:48PM
he is 13-5 (2-2 UFC) his losses were agenst jason macdonald---good fighter and kendall grove by decision---real good fighter

and he beat scot smith and chris price---2 good fighters
tommyprairie
7/14/07 9:08:39PM
Thanks Lights
leeman
7/15/07 2:23:34AM
looks like a great card i cant wait to see kendall grove again he looked so impressive in his last fight. Assuming that he wins i think he deserves a title shot in the near future
mkiv9secsupra
7/15/07 10:49:13AM

Posted by SubmitYou

ed herman is a pretty good fighter last time i checked

Really?? Still hasn't proved to me that he should be in the UFC... but that's just my opinion.

how about the fact that he SHOULD have won against Grove for starters. Not saying Herman will EVER be a champ in the ufc but i think he could do semi-well....
Violence108
7/15/07 5:17:55PM
is a good card looking forward to seeing Randy defend his title and GSP's return from the beating that serra put on him , hope he wins
MMA
7/15/07 11:36:15PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by SpiderSilva

Kos = Matt Hughes (Bad stand up great GnP)

Since when did Kos have a bad stand-up? or a great GnP for that matter?
Kos is a better wrestler than Hughes and more psysically imposing. He has evolved leaps and bounds and I just have a gut feeling that he'll present problems for GSP wherever the fight is.

I agree that Koscheck poses a serious threat against GSP. He has better wrestling skills and a decent stand-up. GSP is also coming off a devastating loss against a huge underdog which may mentally effect his performance.

However, if GSP can put Koscheck on his back, I can definitely see him submitting him. We may very well see a GSP-Trigg de ja vu.
Btews22
7/16/07 12:00:32AM
Who out there sees Kos going the distance. I hope he pulls off an unlikely upset of GSP, and i have faith that he will go the distance. as far as GG VS. Randy, I am a huge Randy mark and i see him avoiding a submission but i put money on GG i think he will be on top most of the fight and win in a unanimous decision after a classic fight, GG will be a great champ and his eventual fight with Big Nog will be a BJJ clinic like we have never seen!!!!!

Crocop VS Big Nog II in O8
AchillesHeel
7/18/07 1:29:16PM
For what it's worth, this card has actually improved (imho) since the first post in this thread...

Randy Couture(c) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga for the Heavyweight title
Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck for "#1 Contender" status in the Welterweight division
Patrick Cote vs. Kendall Grove
Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
David Heath vs. Renato “Babalu” Sobral
Ryan Jensen vs. Travis Lutter
Alberto Crane vs. Roger Huerta
Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir
Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida

I agree that this card has more "pick 'ems" than UFC 73 seemed to have.
Chute-Boxe33
7/18/07 8:20:32PM
can't wait to see this PPV
BeerisGood
7/19/07 4:45:45PM
gonzaga-sub 3rd round
gsp-dec. but hopefully a ko
cote-good bet, strong ko power
stevenson-sub 2nd
lutter-dec
babalu-sub 2nd
huerta-ko 2nd
hardonk/mir-not sure yet
guida-dec
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
blowe1983
7/19/07 5:28:18PM
bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha holy shit
theman209
7/21/07 12:04:12AM
looks like a good card, but i feel some fights that r on undercard should be on main card
Boo_Radley21
7/21/07 3:28:34PM
I just want Randy to beat Gonzaga
kingkicker
7/21/07 3:39:56PM
i agree it should be better
JuggaloWarrior878
7/22/07 5:03:03AM
man im realy excited to see this card i wanna c eveyr fight i hop the ufc shows at least 7 of thejm
Ydoc
7/22/07 6:59:57PM
This is a really good card considering Randy is on it. Usually when they get someone with the kind of star power Couture has they tend to throw away the rest of the card, but this card has a nice secondary fight and overall some decent bouts. Looking forward to it... only a month to go.
CornishMMA
7/23/07 5:18:21AM

IMHO this card is better than 73 was on paper, also this HAS to be the best ever set of prelims ever! 1 former champ, 1 former title contender, and the guy who beat Gomi demoted to a prelim in his UFC debut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my snazzy looking UFC 74 event breakdown, should really be on the 1st post but anyways

UFC 74: AUGUST 25, 2007 IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
venue: Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada

FULL OFFICIAL FIGHT CARD AND BOUT ORDER

Couture -VS- Gonzaga
GSP -VS- Koscheck
Stevenson -VS-. Pellegrino
Cote -VS- Grove

THOSE FIGHTS WILL BE THE 4 MAIN CARD FIGHTS

Huerta -VS- Crane

THAT WILL BE THE SWING BOUT

THESE WILL BE THE PRELIMS
Sobral -VS- Heath
Guida -VS- Aurelio
Mir -VS- Hardonk

Lutter -VS- Jensen

LATEST PLAYGROUND ODDS

Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga +120
Randy "The Natural" Couture -110

Josh Koscheck +360
Georges "Rush" St Pierre -340

Kurt Pellegrino +620
Joe "Daddy" Stevenson -580

Patrick "The Predator" Cote +265
Kendall "Da Spyda" Grove -250

Ryan Jensen +430
Travis Lutter -390

David Heath +410
Renato "Babalu" Sobral -370

Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio -105
Clay "The Carpenter" Guida -125

Alberto Crane +900
Roger "El Matador" Huerta -850

Antoni Hardonk +300
Frank Mir -280
MartinKillMcGill
7/23/07 5:08:06PM
randy secound round tko
gspgnp
7/26/07 9:24:03AM
This is a stacked card. The undercard could probably be the main events for an entirely different pay per view!

I agree with the thread starter though, you never know how good the card will be until the fights happen. Pride 33 was one of the best ppv's ever and it did not look that good on paper.
EddieBowers
7/26/07 9:52:24PM
All I can say/type is... I CAN"T WAIT!!! This one is going to be great. Sorry for the long drwan out thread..
Near07
7/27/07 2:57:15AM
Forsure a great night of fights!!! Can't wait!!
CornishMMA
7/31/07 3:15:41PM
Best card in ages imho but its slightly spoilt by the fight placement, the UFC obviously wanna push Huerta as much as possible by putting him on the main card but after 4 ufc wins he is yet again fighting a newcomber he is a heavy fave against!!!!!

Why the hell is that fight being shown and we wont get to see those quality prelims, id so much rather see Clays fight or Mir Hardonk, even Babs one would be much better, but lets hope for quick fights so they show those prelims anyways i guess
the-james
7/31/07 3:44:03PM
Forget Stacked this is by far the most solid card from top to bottom in UFC history look at the guys that are on the undercard, Frank Mir, Antoni Hardonk, Babalu, Travis Lutter, Clay Guida, MArcus Aruelio!!
Ydoc
7/31/07 7:47:47PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Best card in ages imho but its slightly spoilt by the fight placement, the UFC obviously wanna push Huerta as much as possible by putting him on the main card but after 4 ufc wins he is yet again fighting a newcomber he is a heavy fave against!!!!!

Why the hell is that fight being shown and we wont get to see those quality prelims, id so much rather see Clays fight or Mir Hardonk, even Babs one would be much better, but lets hope for quick fights so they show those prelims anyways i guess

Well put. Frankly, I'm not that impressed by Huerta. It's just like Bisping all over again, where even when he's being hand fed guys he can't have total domination. SI really messed everything up by putting him on that cover, because the UFC knows they need to baby him and hold his hand since he was put in the spotlight like that.
LaosPowerHouse
8/1/07 6:58:28AM
Randy to win. Too experienced. However Gonzaga is strong on both the ground and stand up
Raiderz757
8/5/07 7:16:07PM
really good card. im actually really looking 4ward to seein stevenson fight again
DCRage
8/6/07 7:43:09AM
Lutter's off due to an injury. Thales Leites is his replacement. Personally I'm glad about that, Lutter is one guy I do not want to see again in UFC after how he blew his title shot against Anderson Silva by missing weight, he just threw it all away.
the-james
8/8/07 1:27:16PM
You know its a good card when

Babalu vs. Heath
Aruelio vs. Guida
and
Mir vs. Hardonk

are all on the undercard,,, its kind of a bummer tha twe wont get to see all of these but get to see Crane vs Huerta and Grove vs. Cote instead.
DangerMouse666
8/8/07 9:08:16PM
I think this is a great card , def. better than stacked. I'm lookin' forward to GSP and KOS.
johny_rotten
8/12/07 2:19:11PM
I think Clay vs Marcus will be the fight of the night, and might not make the broadcast. The UFC needs to start putting the prelims of PPVs on the first Tuesday's Unleashed. It is crap that you pay 40 bucks to see the card, and then have to fork over $1.99 to see the prelims on the same card.
Pages: 1 [2] 3