Anybody else get disappointed with SHOOTO's handling of Masatoshi Abe?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anybody else get disappointed with SHOOTO's handling of Masatoshi Abe?
Believe-in-judo81
5/13/07 7:00:56AM
Maybe I'm get a fanboy but I always felt like they are leaving this great fighter out to dry. Masa Abe is a solid, well rounded fighter who sadly gets shelved off to the side to make way for the bigger Characters and personalities in the Bantamweight Division IMO. I really hope shooto gives this deserving fight his shot at glory soon, and that Yasuhiro Urishitani makes his stay at 133 short and comes back to give him a run for his money! (Call me crazy but I think Abe handles BJ or Mamouru 7 out of 10 fights, and in dominating fashion)
ffforgottenx
5/14/07 6:07:53PM
ive never heard of this guy, but im always on the lookout for talent i haven't heard of and on paper he looks like a solid fighter.. so i don't really have an opinion on his handling by shooto, but if nothing else, thanks for the headsup on another good fighter to keep my eyes out for
Believe-in-judo81
5/14/07 10:39:23PM
No problem mate, but for sure if you can find any of his fights checkl him out. He's a total ring Technician, has really accurate hands and fast kicks, a killer top game on the ground, and absolutely crazy clinch strength/TDD for a 123lb guy. Some people have questioned his chin/ recovery time but he's an accurate enough puncher and can usually impose his will to where it's almost a non issue.
Northrend
5/15/07 1:37:15AM
Im gona watch some videos on this guy now, love the lightweight japanese fighters.
Believe-in-judo81
5/15/07 4:26:26AM

Posted by Northrend

Im gona watch some videos on this guy now, love the lightweight japanese fighters.

Me too, that's why i'm fond of Shooto, the vast majority of the best in the world south of 155 are there. Though I do wish one of the bigs boys would implement some lower weightclasses so the whole of the MMA world got a look at some of the incredibly talented fighters they are missing at lower weights.
SteedTheDeed
5/15/07 11:51:07AM
when was the last time he fought??
JewJitsu
6/18/07 9:22:43PM
He is a great fighter, but do I think he has been left out to dry, not really.

He has beaten some tough competition but I think once he amasses more of a record he will be in the main mix of things.

Also, there is no shame at all in losing to Yasuhiro Urushitani.

I would love to see him fight someone like Mamoru Yamaguchi.
Believe-in-judo81
6/19/07 2:49:50AM
I too anxiously await the day when Masa Abe is finally given the chance to absolutely spank Mamouru.