disappointed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » disappointed
skatenate
8/11/08 12:38:08AM
i havent watched the fitch v gsp fight yet, but when i saw that gsp won by decision, to be honest i was really disappointed. i thought the lightweight champ would have easily taken it, and was shocked to see that he couldnt finish fitch. not happy.
Naturaldisaster
8/11/08 12:41:18AM
trust me, after you see the fight you wont be disappointed. fitch held in there and took an ass beating. It was fight of the night.
he's welter weight champ, not lightweight. BJ Penn is the lightweight champ
Aether
8/11/08 12:41:33AM
too bad he's not a lightweight champ. When you watch the fight you'll understand why it was a decision. It has nothing to do with GSP not performing, it has to do with fitch being a tough son of a bitch.
juanez13
8/11/08 12:42:32AM
yea if you watch the fight im sure it'll change your view, might want to check over in the video section, the fight is there.
skatenate
8/11/08 12:43:32AM
lol my bad, WELTERWEIGHT CHAMP. \yeah well ill have to watch it then
juanez13
8/11/08 12:45:33AM
didnt earn fight of the night for nothing yaknow.
SpiderSilva
8/11/08 12:49:18AM
yes Fitch is a machine
Twenty20Dollars
8/11/08 1:28:42AM
well you probably should have just watched the video before even posting this thread, ha.
nickcuc547
8/11/08 6:52:31AM
BJ has to be nervous after watching that fight.
DCRage
8/11/08 7:19:42AM
I for one didn't think GSP would finish it early (I had GSP winning by unanimous decision), but was a bit surprised it wasn't even close. 50-45 wouldn't have surprised me, but a 50-43? That sitll caught me off guard.
Rush
8/11/08 8:20:05AM
I picked GSP by Rd 3 TKO and I was pretty close to getting ful points on that fight. Man, those two 10-8 rounds were close to ending and had me on the edges of my seat.
Purge
8/11/08 8:25:35AM
I think BJ will beat GSP. He is more ferocious and a deadlier striker. Also he is just as fast as GSP and now that he is taking conditioning seriously, he will be deadly at 170 as well, I think.
fullerene
8/11/08 8:38:46AM
It was actually one of the most dominating performances GSP has had. He controlled every aspect of the fight for nearly every minute of the fight and going the distance dispelled the idea that he would either gas or lose confidence if his opponent kept fighting to the end.

And nearly anybody else would have been stopped with that kind of beating. Fitch just has good cardio, good heart, good recovery and a good cutman.
AchillesHeel
8/11/08 9:49:52AM
Setting aside the fact that you admit to not having seen the fight yet, I'd like to comment on your implicit assertion that a Decision reflects either a bad match or a sub-par performance by one of the fighters: You're wrong, watch more MMA.
emfleek
8/11/08 9:53:18AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Setting aside the fact that you admit to not having seen the fight yet, I'd like to comment on your implicit assertion that a Decision reflects either a bad match or a sub-par performance by one of the fighters: You're wrong, watch more MMA.

Ding! Good answer.