Anyone else disappionted in M1 Global?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anyone else disappionted in M1 Global?
POLL: Were you disapointed in M1 Global?
Very 21% (4)
Yeah 11% (2)
no 37% (7)
Spaghetti burglar 32% (6)
seanfu
1/11/09 7:26:58PM
When M1 came together I thought it was supposed to be the next Pride FC. Then (I have HD Net, Sweetness ) I finally get to watch an show and find out it's the IFL with a world team concept. Sure it's fun to watch different fighters from different nations but in this day and age all the styles are pretty much refined.

You have a BJJ Muay Thai guy, You have a pure BJJ guy, You have a Boxer Wrestler, You have a full freestyle fighter. So, fun as it is there aren't many young guns and not a ton of great fighters.

I was disappionted, anyone else?
Bobby-B-Bonkers
1/11/09 7:32:19PM
honestly i dont watch it enuff 2 b disappointed with it
copcopps
1/11/09 7:34:28PM
haven't watched it, all I know is that Adrenaline was a letdown. Its basically the Ironheart Crown all over again instead of this big thing that Tim Sylvia signed with.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
1/11/09 8:08:18PM
lets face it, as mma fans we have about 4 options; UFC, StrikeForce, Dream, and Affliction.

Dead ones include; Pride, IFL, EliteXC and a few other ones that really aren't even worth mentioning.

To me; DREAM and SENGOKU are both 2nd rate shows. StrikeForce and Affliction are going to have to give it their best shots if they ever want a chance to compete with the UFC. Infact, they might want to try to make deals now and save some money!
seanfu
1/11/09 8:14:35PM
Affliction will die before 8 to 10 shows are done. They have complete dibs on an entire division and can't put 2 shows together within 7 months. They obviously will burn. So that's even worse.Strikeforce can compete in about 4 or so years probably.
postman
1/11/09 9:16:02PM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

lets face it, as mma fans we have about 4 options; UFC, StrikeForce, Dream, and Affliction.

Dead ones include; Pride, IFL, EliteXC and a few other ones that really aren't even worth mentioning.

To me; DREAM and SENGOKU are both 2nd rate shows. StrikeForce and Affliction are going to have to give it their best shots if they ever want a chance to compete with the UFC. Infact, they might want to try to make deals now and save some money!

Dream is real good and strikeforce isn't even trying to be the top guys. They do well giving B fighters there big shot and mixing a few a guys in as well.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
1/12/09 12:31:46AM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Dream is not a 2nd rate show. They have the best production , even better then the ufc imo and its free on hdnet in high def. Sengoku is only available by stream with japanese anouncers. affliction will most likely go out of business some time this year. strikeforce will stick around long then afflction , but i see the ufc buying them eventually. it will dream and the ufc.