Din Thomas Recovering, Wants Rematch With Kenny Florian

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Din Thomas Recovering, Wants Rematch With Kenny Florian
Sam_Rothstein
9/28/07 4:48:35AM
In the mean time, “The Ultimate Fighter 4” cast member and nine-year MMA veteran has already begin the campaign for a rematch with Florian. Their main-event bout ended prematurely when Thomas shot for a takedown and suffered an injury as cartilage broke off and lodged in the fighter’s knee, causing the immobility.

Florian ultimately finished the fight with a rear-naked choke at 4:31 of the first round.

On Tuesday MMAjunkie.com reported that Florian, who had fought for the third time in just fives months, plans to take some time off and won’t compete again in 2007.

Click Here For Full Article
gartface
9/28/07 8:27:37AM
Its unfortunate that the fight ended like that. I knew something was wrong when he shot and just laid there instead of getting up. He also looked kind of relieved to get choked out, seemed like he didn't want to tap to strikes. I would love to see this rematch, but I'm not sure it's going to happen, because Kenny Florian is probably 2 fights from a title shot. Would love to see it though.
billieskeet
9/28/07 11:07:18AM
they need to have a rematch because it was deadlocked even until the injury
rcg916
9/28/07 11:26:31AM
Florian already had his title shot. If he got another one in two wins, that would be ridiculous.
Jujiden
9/28/07 3:50:31PM
Sorry, I think that's bull, Thomas is a good fighter no doubt, but he had a really hard time with jeremy stephens until he thew on that triangle 1/2 sloppily. It really doesn't surprise me that Florian won. I'm sure he would again even if Thomas wasn't injured. Florian goes for broke each and every time. If he gets another title shot, it's because he deserves it, even though I don't think he can take Penn.
gartface
9/28/07 5:39:42PM

Posted by Jujiden

Sorry, I think that's bull, Thomas is a good fighter no doubt, but he had a really hard time with jeremy stephens until he thew on that triangle 1/2 sloppily. It really doesn't surprise me that Florian won. I'm sure he would again even if Thomas wasn't injured. Florian goes for broke each and every time. If he gets another title shot, it's because he deserves it, even though I don't think he can take Penn.

by the way it was an arm bar not a triangle on stephens. and honestly i think if he didn't get hurt it would've been a completely different match.
Jujiden
10/1/07 4:59:50PM
My bad, thanks for the correction on that tech.