Din Thomas vs Josh Neer Do you think Neer in underrated in his odds?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Din Thomas vs Josh Neer Do you think Neer in underrated in his odds?
seanfu
3/15/08 5:56:31PM
I think Neer has a very possible chance of beating Din Thomas, does anyone agree?

I'm pretty sure Neers height will take away Thomas' boxing specific striking and I don't see Neer being submitted anytime soon.

I still picked Thomas but Im on the fence.
owen1
3/15/08 6:05:45PM
There underrated if you think Neer will win,but im going with Din.He has great stand-up and is great on the ground.
Twenty20Dollars
3/15/08 6:42:17PM
i dont think neer has faced top contenders like din in awhile, so im still sticking with din. even though josh is a warrior.
BlazinSaddle
3/15/08 6:45:55PM
underrated according to what? the thousands of half wits on the playground with 50% win percentages
jae_1833
3/15/08 6:47:50PM
Neer is being underated, but it's based on how many people pick you to win right? The odds come from us not the administration, at least thats how I understood it. Josh will be able to hang with Din, but I am betting on Din to finish....he has looked soo good lately, he was going to beat Florian I think. To bad he got hurt...I really don't like Din's personality, but his fighting is great!!
seanfu
3/15/08 9:42:33PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

underrated according to what? the thousands of half wits on the playground with 50% win percentages

and you're 9-1 WOW what do you do, guess only on matches you know you can win?

"Well I guessed on 3 events but I really didn't want to lose so I only picked sure shots! I only have picked 10 fights in my life but I'm at 90 %!!!"

dude calm the disrespect before the karma boomerage hits you in the pompous ass. Yeah, look it up, half wit.
Pookie
3/15/08 10:08:39PM
I think Neer is getting WAY too much credit.

IMO he is going to get destroyed, not even a competitive match.
scoozna
3/15/08 11:58:14PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by BlazinSaddle

"Well I guessed on 3 events but I really didn't want to lose so I only picked sure shots! I only have picked 10 fights in my life but I'm at 90 %!!!"

dude calm the disrespect before the karma boomerage hits you in the pompous ass. Yeah, look it up, half wit.

Owned!

I think he's a little underrated here, but like somebody alluded to, you can't really go by the number of Playground members picking one over the other.

He's been away from the UFC for a while...so that tells me a little something. He did well while he was away, but I think Din knows he has to keep showing what he's capable of and will walk through Neer.
BlazinSaddle
3/16/08 12:34:33AM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by BlazinSaddle

i wasnt even talking to you fool, i only have 1 event in the playground, your an angry mofo dude i think its you that needs the ritalin guy lol, bring it on man this is funny to me
CornishMMA
3/18/08 10:40:10AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by seanfu

Posted by BlazinSaddle

i wasnt even talking to you fool, i only have 1 event in the playground, your an angry mofo dude i think its you that needs the ritalin guy lol, bring it on man this is funny to me

LOL at you being pwned and finding it funny, point being you cant call others halfwits when they have picked on hard event for a long time as opposed to you who did well in 1 just 1 event

The thread starter is correct and the line should be closer, dunno why people like pookie think Neer is some can who will get destroyed, he is making his 155 debut so he will be big, and he beat Stevenson not long ago, Din is past his best imo
BlazinSaddle
3/18/08 3:39:22PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by seanfu

Posted by BlazinSaddle

LOL at you being pwned and finding it funny, point being you cant call others halfwits when they have picked on hard event for a long time as opposed to you who did well in 1 just 1 event

The thread starter is correct and the line should be closer, dunno why people like pookie think Neer is some can who will get destroyed, he is making his 155 debut so he will be big, and he beat Stevenson not long ago, Din is past his best imo

LOL see things like this are funny, pardon me for not being pawned or whatever the hell that internet is, and finding it funny that that guy is so angry cant take a joke and butthurt like you dumb aussie, K mate? still wit me mate? still follow or you lost mate?
hawkeyedylan1
3/18/08 3:40:47PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by seanfu

Posted by BlazinSaddle

^^^ AGREED! The only people that are sleeping on Neer are the ATT nutthuggers that dont believe they will ever lose.

Neer by KO\TKO second round. He will be too big and too strong for Din.
Pookie
3/18/08 4:01:16PM
In terms of talent Din is top 15 in the LW division.
NatedawgThaM
3/18/08 4:30:07PM

Posted by Pookie

I think Neer is getting WAY too much credit.

IMO he is going to get destroyed, not even a competitive match.

I think it will look a lot like Rich Clementi vs Din Thomas. Din will destroy him on the feet and even though Rich is great with submissions, Din was able to beat him up, stun him, and get his back and choke him out.

Din will beat him up badly in the 1st, make him go into a bad spot in the 2nd and submit him
coldchillin
3/18/08 4:50:55PM
I have to go with Thomas finishing him on the feet but Neer is a little underrated by a lot of people but everytime he has stepped up in his competition (example Nick Diaz) he got dominated quite easily. Din's ground game is quite good too so I don't really see where Neer takes the fight where he has an advantage but I expect a pretty good fight from both.
whardin19
3/18/08 5:42:16PM
I'm taking Din Thomas in this fight although Neer is being underrated by people here on the Playground. I might put some money on Neer even though I picked Din to win.
CornishMMA
3/19/08 8:21:29AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL see things like this are funny, pardon me for not being pawned or whatever the hell that internet is, and finding it funny that that guy is so angry cant take a joke and butthurt like you dumb aussie, K mate? still wit me mate? still follow or you lost mate?

Shall we all laugh at you for thinking that having UK in my location makes me an aussie?

Neer wont be rocked as easily as Clementi was. And Din wont be as good as he was in that fight i dont think, but i cant hate on that call as it could well happen, i just like Neer cos is 1 tough sob who hangs in there surviving, he aint tapping to Din i dont think! Daddy wrecked his knee and he didnt tap
MondayNiteMauser
3/19/08 8:57:33AM
I'm definately picking Neer in this fight. He has great stand up, solid ground game, and is one of the most competive fighters i've seen fight. with Din coming off that nasty injury i think Neer has more of a chance than people are giving him.
RampageOwnedYou
3/19/08 10:53:00AM
We're all talking about DIn Thomas right??? Ok now that I cleared that up, im going with Neer. So I hope everyone continues to take Thomas, except for the good guys ;-)

I really dont think this is a beat down for either guy.
I see this back and forth, with Neer winning by decision.
CornishMMA
3/19/08 12:54:51PM
LOL well ok everyone i think we should maybe hush up and stop trying to persuade the guys who think he has no chance, after all we want to win the pick or wager and leap frog these fools

Check out the Neer HL reel i posted in the vid section, if that doesnt convince you he has a good chance against Din then nothing will
ErrFreitas
3/25/08 7:52:11PM
I can't see Din Thomas losing this fight. He has all the tools to be a Top 5 LW in UFC. Other then bad luck ( like in the Florian Fight) I can't see him losing this one.
chitown97
3/25/08 8:58:32PM
Neer will sub him after getting outboxed for two rounds. Din will go for the highlight knockout and get subbed. Din knows he needs a big win, as does Neer, but I think Neer will stay calmer under the pressure.
nix7777
3/25/08 9:32:26PM
i like josh's heart ill take him as an underdog and smile when its over
CornishMMA
4/3/08 1:05:40PM
LOL at this thread, shame on me for changing my mind and letting some Din fans convince me otherwise, but actually it was mainly that i was already 3 uunderdogs that made me play it safe here, still won my wager on Neer but should have picked him, i changed it from Neer UD as well
Pookie
4/3/08 2:44:25PM

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL at this thread, shame on me for changing my mind and letting some Din fans convince me otherwise, but actually it was mainly that i was already 3 uunderdogs that made me play it safe here, still won my wager on Neer but should have picked him, i changed it from Neer UD as well

I have formallly bowed down to your omnipotence on another thread ...my bad lol
WhiteWidow
4/3/08 5:42:40PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by CornishMMA

I have formallly bowed down to your omnipotence on another thread ...my bad lol

dude you gave me too much confidence in din, buahhhh (vomits on a basket and throws it at you)
hawkeyedylan1
4/3/08 6:05:39PM
Someone that posted in this thread was %100 sure that Din would "outclass" Neer in every aspect of the fight. I believe it was even said that Din would "walk through" Neer! haha, better quit drinking that ATT kool aid!!!!!