Did Din Thomas deserve to be cut?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Did Din Thomas deserve to be cut?
pinoymixplaya
5/6/08 1:11:51AM
I was wondering as to why he was cut. He did have back-to-back losses but one was from injury and before that, he was considered a top Lightweight contender.

So my question is why was he cut and do you think he should have been?
NatedawgThaM
5/6/08 2:32:01AM
He got cut because he's either going to drop down or retire. I would give him a great shot against anybody at 145, Even Uriah Freakin' Faber. He's so well rounded he has a great chance against anybody. A fight with Jeff Curran would be a dream fight of mine!
Violence108
5/6/08 6:33:40AM
Aaronno9
5/6/08 7:10:14AM
Ill just post what i posted in the news thing to save time. I would be pissed if he'd been cut by zuffa all together and hes not moving to the wec though.

Wow, im shocked they dropped Din! he always brings a good fight, the only time he hasnt looked good are when he lost to florian after the injury, and his last fight, but alot of the fighters gassed on that card due to the altitude so i dont blame him for not being at his best, and even then it was still a competitive fight.

I heard a rumor he wanted to drop down to 145, so im hoping the ufc have just moved him to the wec so he can fight in the 145 division there. Din vs Faber would be intense!

tberg420
5/6/08 8:41:10AM
About two weeks ago, on this very website someone posted the story that Din wants to move to 145lbs. It's not a big suprise since the UFC doesn't have a 145lbs division. We will more than likely move to the WEC and fight there. I would be suprised to see him fight overseas or for a company not owned by Zuffa.
Twenty20Dollars
5/6/08 12:40:18PM
Hopefully din will go to the WEC's 145 division. and Spice stuff up there.
ohiostate1016
5/6/08 1:03:10PM
Din Thomas was cut because he got beat. Again and again. And again.

On a side note, Cage Rage should set up a Ross Pointon/Din Thomas fight. Who among us wouldn't pay our weight in Indian rupees to see that? (No, not roofies).

I should start the 85,678,940th topic on this site about dream MMA matchups and have that one as no. 1.
jgtribbett
5/6/08 1:29:34PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He got cut because he's either going to drop down or retire. I would give him a great shot against anybody at 145, Even Uriah Freakin' Faber. He's so well rounded he has a great chance against anybody. A fight with Jeff Curran would be a dream fight of mine!

good call.. Thomas. Faber, curran and thomas.. those four alone would cause me to watch WEC if that was the case..
fonduktoe
5/6/08 1:48:27PM
the ufc is makin mad cuts to free up contract cash for fedor
Twenty20Dollars
5/6/08 3:42:33PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

On a side note, Cage Rage should set up a Ross Pointon/Din Thomas fight. Who among us wouldn't pay our weight in Indian rupees to see that? (No, not roofies).

I should start the 85,678,940th topic on this site about dream MMA matchups and have that one as no. 1.

haha are you kidding din thomas vs ross pointon. i wouldnt pay my weight in indian rupees to see that. I have no interest in seeing that. Din would win that fight with ease. ross is 5-10.
189lber
5/6/08 4:29:14PM
Din thomas is the man. It sucks that the UFC is craping on him.
bigbubbano23
5/6/08 8:15:41PM
pinoymixplaya
5/6/08 11:20:39PM
What I dont understand is if they were going to transfer him to the WEC, why cut him? why not change the contract? I have a feeling he won't be back under Zuffa, at least not right away.

If he can string some W's outside the UFC, maybe he will come back!
tberg420
5/7/08 3:55:16PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

This one wins, "Jim Rome's Not Funny Comment Of The Day!!" Congrats OhioState1016 on your achievement.
tylerlee123
5/7/08 8:33:57PM
Out of the three that were cut I belive Din was cheated out the most , they better give him a contract with the wec or that would be a waste of good talent
pinoymixplaya
5/7/08 11:13:37PM
Din got beat twice, once because of injury and the other from gassing, yet not only him but at least every fight on that card had one guy, if not both, gassing because of the altitude...

He did get cheated out, and he deserves a chance in the WEC in featherweight....I just hope it happens