ufc dilemma for middlweight title shot!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc dilemma for middlweight title shot!!
« Previous Page
NinjaCyborg
3/3/09 1:48:38AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

looks like right now their are three guys who should get title shots with a 4th coming this summer

the three are

okami, marquadt, and maia

Why would Okami get one? He hasn't been outstanding. Decent at best. Not to mention he's been out with an injury for some time now.
Let him come back and fight Maia. If he wins, let him have a shot, if Maia wins, forget about Okami.
lohmann
3/3/09 2:10:47AM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

looks like right now their are three guys who should get title shots with a 4th coming this summer

the three are

Why would Okami get one? He hasn't been outstanding. Decent at best. Not to mention he's been out with an injury for some time now.
Let him come back and fight Maia. If he wins, let him have a shot, if Maia wins, forget about Okami.

Okami hasn't been outstanding? He's 7-1 in the UFC, his only loss on short notice in a close fight with Rich Franklin. He knocked off Alan Belcher, Kalib Starnes, and Mike Swick when they were on good runs. (Swick was a step away from a title shot when he lost to Okami.) He stopped Tanner from a triumphant return and technically holds a win over Anderson Silva.

He may be boring, but he wins.
NinjaCyborg
3/3/09 2:04:35PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by NinjaCyborg

the three are

Okami hasn't been outstanding? He's 7-1 in the UFC, his only loss on short notice in a close fight with Rich Franklin. He knocked off Alan Belcher, Kalib Starnes, and Mike Swick when they were on good runs. (Swick was a step away from a title shot when he lost to Okami.) He stopped Tanner from a triumphant return and technically holds a win over Anderson Silva.

He may be boring, but he wins.

Yes I agree he wins, but that doesn't make him outstanding. Well honestly now that I think about it, Thales Leites is fighting for the title in april, and I bet he's lesser known than Okami. So, why not, I guess Okami should get a shot, but only so Anderson can avenge his loss cause I think we all know Okami won't beat him.
Pages: 1 [2]