Digging into the Fertitta’s mob history

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Digging into the Fertitta’s mob history
MMAcca
12/13/08 12:02:31PM
With the Xyience fiasco still simmering on the stove, professional shit-disturber Rich Bergeron has decided to spend some of his free time digging into the Fertitta family’s mob history. His first article on the subject is up and covers the 1950’s where the Fertittas were part of the Maceo family’s Texas mob.

Personally, I’m not all that surprised or shocked that a Vegas gambling family has it’s roots in organized crime. But what should be interesting to read (if Bergeron isn’t slapped with another multi-million dollar lawsuit before he can release it) is the next few installments which plan to air connections that are much more recent than the roaring 50’s:

Rest of article...
higdon10
12/13/08 12:42:17PM
Interesting
aaa9erh8er
12/13/08 1:17:29PM
interesting yes but not surprising i guess
ShadowxBox
12/13/08 5:10:01PM
How many times have MMA fans heard about this before? Surprised it's new to you guys.
MMAcca
12/13/08 9:30:33PM

Posted by ShadowxBox

How many times have MMA fans heard about this before? Surprised it's new to you guys.

The mob ties with the Fertitas is common knowledge yes, but the article has some nice bits of info that not everyone would know about i thought.
hodge
12/14/08 1:41:38PM
yeah this really isnt surprising
king_katool
12/14/08 3:17:24PM
i agree thats it not surprising but likw MMAcca said the little bits of real info are interesting i wonder how much more he knows and how recent he claims some things to be,good find
Rollins
12/14/08 5:15:15PM
The Mafia is a creation of Hollywood.
emfleek
12/14/08 7:56:14PM

Posted by RollinsisGod

The Mafia is a creation of Hollywood.

Surely you don't actually believe this...
Rollins
12/15/08 3:09:46AM
It's the truth.

and don't call me Surely!
emfleek
12/15/08 9:46:34AM

Posted by RollinsisGod

It's the truth.

Care to enlighten us?
MMAcca
12/15/08 11:34:58AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by RollinsisGod

It's the truth.

Care to enlighten us?

Yes please do.....
Rollins
12/16/08 10:51:26PM
I'm not saying there hasn't been a few guys working in a gang mentality, some stupid, some more advanced. The bottom line is you can't rely on rats looking to get out of jail when Feds tell them to say "XYZ". Rats and will say anything to get an easier prison sentence. Every person that said they were involved in the Mafia was a person looking to feed prosecutors whatever they wanted to hear.

Better yet anyone caught on tapes talking about some king of organized criminal empire was tooting their own horn to sound like they are a part of this fantasy, furthering their toughguy criminal reputation. There is no Mafia.

I don't have to prove there isn't, you have to prove there is... I welcome your input.
browneye
12/17/08 12:40:43PM
Since the Fertitta's are part of the mob maybe now everytime they cut someone from the roster they will go swimmin with the fishes
TheCatFather
12/18/08 5:45:51PM
Scary as hell, don't open the box, you might not like what you find. Besides, they are legit now so let them be