My Diet And Traing Plan.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » My Diet And Traing Plan.
Guru
6/8/08 4:48:09PM
Hey Guys,

For those of you that dont know i used to fight as a LW, however of the past year i have but on some weight and am now 200Lbs.

My doctor seems to think that i most likely will not ever be able to be 155 again, for he thinks my body has grown into the weight

Long story short i was trying to figure out what weight i should shoot for, when The-Don told me to basically train my ass off for 2 months like i was getting ready for a fight and at the end of the time period weigh myself and fight around that weight

i LOVE the idea, so i came up with a training routine and diet, but i feel like im focusing to much on weight lose rather than Endurance and Strength like i should be...

You will find my day by day Training plan as well as my diet foods in the next post.

i would love your opinions on it and any adjustments you think i should make to attain my goals

Sorry for the long read, But thank you for reading.
Guru
6/8/08 4:49:07PM
6-7 small meals a day,
2-4 hours apart.

Breakfast:
scrambled eggs
egg whites
oatmeal with honey
yogurt & fruit
or Cherrios

Other Meals:
fish
tuna
chicken breast
coleslaw, broccoli,
steamed veggies.
Chicken Burgers

Snacks:
fruit
yogurt
handful of almonds
salad
cherrios w/o milk

Drinks:
Water
V8
V8 Smoothies
16oz Milk P/Day

----------------
+++++++++
----------------

Training:
----------------
===Monday
----------------

Stretches---

----------------

1 Mile Run (no hills)

----------------

*Upper Body Workout*

----------------

10 Push-Ups
10 Jumping Jacks
09 Push-Ups
11 Jumping Jacks
08 Push-Ups
12 Jumping Jacks
Until 0 Push-ups

----------------

10 Minutes Shadow Boxing

----------------

Plyo Push-Ups W/
Medicine Ball

----------------

10 Minutes G&P

----------------

Guard Passes

----------------

15 Minutes Heavy Bag

----------------

10 Minutes Jump Rope

----------------

1 Mile Run (Hills)

----------------

Stretches---

----------------

----------------
+++++++++
----------------

----------------
==Tuesday
----------------

Stretches---

----------------

1 1/2 Mile Run (Hills)

----------------

*Lower Body Workout*

----------------

2 Sets Leg Crossovers

----------------

Sprint

----------------

Plyo Squats

----------------

Sprint

----------------

Plyo Lunges

----------------

Sprint

----------------

Kicking routine:

Start off side ways
in facing a heavy bag.
With the roundhouse
kick chambered aim low
making sure your
hip is turned down,
and kick the bag lightly.
Retract and repeat
aiming toward the middle,
retract and repeat
aiming a bit higher.
Rest and do it again
(low, medium high)
30 times on both sides.

----------------

Stretches---

----------------

----------------
+++++++++
----------------

----------------
Wednesday
----------------

Stretches---

----------------

Grappling Session

----------------

5 sets Combat Sit-Ups

----------------

Different Grip Exercises

----------------

2 Sets Of 3 Different
AbLounge Exercises

----------------

10 Minutes Shadow Boxing

----------------

Stretches---

----------------

----------------
+++++++++
----------------

----------------
==Thursday
----------------

Stretches---

----------------

1 Mile Run (No Hills)

----------------

Push-Ups & Jumping Jacks

----------------

Kicking Routine

----------------

Guard Passing,
Heavy Bag,
G&P.

----------------

Plyo Squats
Into Plyo
Push-Ups

----------------

10 Mins Jump Rope

----------------

Shadow Boxing

----------------

1 Mile Run (No Hills)

----------------

----------------

Stretches---

----------------

----------------
+++++++++
----------------

----------------
====Friday
----------------

Stretches---

----------------

1 1/2 Mile Run (No Hills)

----------------
+++++++++
-----REST---
+++++++++
----------------

Stretches

----------------

----------------
+++++++++
----------------

----------------
==Saturday
----------------

Stretches---

----------------

"300" Workout

----------------

Stretches---

----------------

----------------
===Sunday
----------------

Same As Thursday

----------------
--(Repeat)--
----------------

seanfu
6/8/08 5:23:53PM
Can't say the schedule is bad but it's DRAWN very clearly. Something that works for me is to start with a schedule that is loose and make adjustments as my body learns what is most effective and what it can handle.

Same with the diet.

Shit though, if it works though great.

If you want to go for very little size gain for the strength you put on you can still go for being a powerful guy.

Check some of the bodybuilding posts if you're interested.

Something we did in wrestling that was huge for stamina was stairs. HUGE. But I didn't read all of your post so you probably covered it.
owen1
6/8/08 7:00:10PM

Posted by seanfu

Something that works for me is to start with a schedule that is loose and make adjustments as my body learns what is most effective and what it can handle.

Ya i did the same because nobody knows your body like yourself.
Rush
6/8/08 7:05:50PM
Diet looks great to me. As you probably know, I am not an advocate of living off of supplements, salad and chicken breats.

As for the workout, well, you'll have to see how it works for you. I know that wouldn't probably work for me, but then again, this is you. If it doesn't work for you, try doing one day of the week doing a really long run (10 miles or more). Find the point where you you can just stay in aerobic mode and maintain that for at least 1 hour.

Good luck
Jackelope
6/8/08 7:15:11PM

Posted by Rush

Diet looks great to me. As you probably know, I am not an advocate of living off of supplements, salad and chicken breats.

As for the workout, well, you'll have to see how it works for you. I know that wouldn't probably work for me, but then again, this is you. If it doesn't work for you, try doing one day of the week doing a really long run (10 miles or more). Find the point where you you can just stay in aerobic mode and maintain that for at least 1 hour.

Good luck

The run point is definitely a good one. Your body has to stay in aerobic mode for at least 45 minutes to see some good weight loss results.

You don't necessarily have to run for 10+ miles, though.. if you chain some of these activities and maintain a good aerobic rate (145bpm+ depending on age) then they'll work for aerobic. Just make sure that your heart rate never dips below that point. This is actually a bit difficult and requires quite a bit of discipline- which is why often times the long runs are the right answer.

Rush
6/8/08 7:38:12PM

Posted by Jackelope

The run point is definitely a good one. Your body has to stay in aerobic mode for at least 45 minutes to see some good weight loss results.

You don't necessarily have to run for 10+ miles, though.. if you chain some of these activities and maintain a good aerobic rate (145bpm+ depending on age) then they'll work for aerobic. Just make sure that your heart rate never dips below that point. This is actually a bit difficult and requires quite a bit of discipline- which is why often times the long runs are the right answer.

True, sometimes an intense afternoon hike will be a good sustitute as well.

I mentioned 10+ miles because I have to run that far to get into a decent fat burning zone... at least that is my experience.
Jackelope
6/8/08 7:50:08PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

True, sometimes an intense afternoon hike will be a good sustitute as well.

I mentioned 10+ miles because I have to run that far to get into a decent fat burning zone... at least that is my experience.

As I'm sure Rush knows, but for the education of those who may come across this post, the 10+ miles experience is definitely optimal for fat burning. It's just flat out easier to maintain a medium to high heart rate (fat burning zone) over a long unchanging activity.

This medium-high heart rate flat out eliminates rest periods which anaerobic activity doesn't. The aerobic activity heart rate is sustainable for long periods of time to keep the body burning through the fat. In the case of anaerobic activity the heart is at an extremely high bpm rate that it cannot possibily sustain. Therefore, rest periods are a necessity. The body has a chance to cool down and go into "recovery mode". The body temperature lowers, the heart slows, and the fat burning stops. If the body was even being worked long enough to start burning deeply into the fat zones. (First it must burn through sugars and carbs)

Guru
6/8/08 7:51:51PM
thanks for all the post guys!!!

haha i thought i was gunna get like 2 cuz its such a long read

i am deff going for fat loss but its not the overall point.
as i mentioned before i am concerned that i am focusing to much on losing weight insted of finding a naturaly comfortable fighting weight for my body. i dont want to sacrifice strength for endurance or endurance for strength.

i think balance is really key here. but im deffinatly gunna try to keep my heart rate higher for longer.

dannyfrank
6/8/08 9:48:38PM
sounds good to me. the only thing that i would say is to maybe put a little weight training in there, but hey, whatever works for you
Guru
6/8/08 11:08:22PM
i would really like to avoid bulking up. maybe i could do some toning, just because i dont want to interfere with flexability at all

what about Protien shakes?

Creatine

or hydroxycut?

i dont like supplements to much and i have to be careful of anything that puts a large amount of strain on my liver (long story)

I Also Found This

if it will help me destroy fat ill love it
bigbubbano23
6/9/08 11:39:08AM
idk i've been kind of scared about taking hydroxycut. it just does not seem right that it can give those types of results.
Rush
6/9/08 11:55:49AM
There is one study that hydroxycut has reduced blood lipid and cholesterol levels in rats. However, there are a couple studies that show acute liver damage in humans that have taken it.

Something that find strange is the name hydroxycut. It implies cutting water, whereas the product insists it is an appetite suppressor and fat burner (both of which haven't been proven). Also, the fact that the doctor endorsing the product is an OB (not an MD) and is a resident, I would be suspicious that money is doing more talking than the product itself.

All these things (to me) scream "STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT"

Another thing that bothers me about many herbal products is that the people that sell them keep endorsing the fact that they are all natural. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is good for you.
Guru
6/9/08 2:48:18PM
I agree completely with you Rush. HYDROxycut haha just so odd. its a very sketchy product as you said Big.

what about the thermo pack that i linked from GNC?

my gut is my problem area for sure i would lose fat from my chest or some other odd area WAY before my gut so a fat burner would work wonders. i start wednesday so al the help i get now will be great
Rush
6/9/08 3:39:07PM

Posted by Guru

what about the thermo pack that i linked from GNC?

Well it's hard to tell without knowing the exact ingredients of the kit. I googled thermozyme and the trademarked product is actually a DNA polymerase that works at high temperatures. This would do nothing for you.

Now, I assumed that their product wasn't really the trademarked thermozyme, so I dug a little deeper. Now, i found a site that listed the main ingredients. Take these with a grain of salt because they are not necessarily the manufacturer's ingredients. However, I want to add that I find it a real lack of confidence in the product that the GNC website actually discusses the ingredients as a warning.

Warning: SEE MANUFACTURER'S LABEL FOR
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
AND SUPPLEMENT FACTS PANEL.

As well, they do not provide a link or file with the manufacturer's label. Not a good sign if you ask me.

Here is what I found from another site (main ingredients)

Thermozyme™ contains CutZyme™ Enzyme Blend (Amylase and Transglucosidase), Green Tea Leaves Extract, and Caffeine.

Now, to me, this product would be no different than drinking green tea and chewing your food longer (your saliva already contains amylase).amylase and transglucosidase are enzymes that help you break down carbohydrates

One more thing, if the amylase and transglucosidase are isolated from a thermophylic bacteria (as the name thermozyme implies) then their optimal working temperature would probably be 80-90 deg Celsius (your body temperature is 37 C) So you wouldn't be getting optimal activity anyways. One reason companies use thermostable enzymes is because they are typically more robust. Therefore you can purify them easier and therefore cheaper. Also, they may be more resistant to breakdown in your stomach.

Personally this product might help you, but I don't think it is worth the money. I think you'll get the same results drinking green tea and chewing your food more.

One more thing I want to mention about products that reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels in the blood. They are not necessary. Eating lots of fibre will do the same thing.
Guru
6/9/08 3:53:09PM
wo man lots of info

props are in order

so basically as i had suspected fat burners are a big cash dump.

figures haha
Guru
6/10/08 12:32:37PM
well the girlfriend just let me know i can get 30 dollars worth of shit for MMA if i want it for daddy day. like training gear, supplements books w/e

anyone got some ideas?