diet question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » diet question
danny81
10/31/07 7:15:57PM
i am 158 and m supposed to wrestle 145 by early december ny diets you recomend?

Edit: i think i should add in that i do either boxing/wrestling/ or BJJ everyday. and i do body weight circuit 3x week
hado3
10/31/07 11:19:19PM
if you have the wrestling season coming up, why r u wasting your time boxing, or doing jiu jitsu, shouldnt you be spending all your time working on your wrestling. I mean before kickboxing matches, i dont split my training time up between striking and jiu jitsu

just one mans opinion though

and if u r trying to cut weight, dont eat carbs, or sugar which is a carb, so just dont eat carbs
loonytnt
11/1/07 10:45:55PM
wrestling is what you need to do 100% of the time, 158 i think you said you were at and you need to get 145, thats nothing you can make it, you need to get a good diet going first and this is what you should do (i love wrestling)

6am run for 20min then eat oakmeal a small bowl

around 8am you need to eat some veggies no fruit to much sugar in the moring

your lunch you should eat some chicken and rice(boneless skin less)

after school you need to eat some fruit and then go to wrestling

after you work out drink a V8 juice

7pm eat chicken veg and rice(boneless skin less)

dont eat anything till the moring

now this is something you can do that will keep you eatin but eatin good,when you are workin out sweat as much as you can thats where you are going to loss the most weight (water weight) good luck hope that helped a lil
ko-kbo130
11/2/07 11:29:19AM
well this was my diet last year while cutting weight:
wake up and run
breakfast- small bowl of oatmeal mixed with water no milk
snack: half a power bar
lunch- half a turkey or tuna sandwhich on whole wheat
snack before practice- the other half of the sandwhich or a the other half of powerbar power bar
after practice-a little water or propel
dinner: a small portion of fish, chicken, or turkey
after dinner- run and maybe a 100 calorie pack, than go to sleep
this worked for me n i was cutting from 133 to 119 and im like 5'10" so the cut was hard for me but the deit worked. just make sure you work hard durin practice to burn as much calories as possible and sweat as much as you can
bayonetxwork
11/2/07 3:17:26PM

Posted by hado3

if you have the wrestling season coming up, why r u wasting your time boxing, or doing jiu jitsu, shouldnt you be spending all your time working on your wrestling. I mean before kickboxing matches, i dont split my training time up between striking and jiu jitsu

just one mans opinion though

and if u r trying to cut weight, dont eat carbs, or sugar which is a carb, so just dont eat carbs

Agreed, but don't abandon carbs in your diet. Just stick to complex carbs. Drink A LOT of water, 5-6 meals per day(about 2hrs apart), low sugars, low sat. fats, low calories.

Safe "dieting" is losing a maximum of 2-3lbs per week, any more than that, and its not really safe. So you're probably only going to be able to cut down to 150 or so, and you'll be the kid doing sprints with 8 layers of sweats on haha.

Aim for 1500 calories per day, and portion about 300calories per meal. Remember to EAT breakfast, and BEFORE you go to bed, both of which should contain decent amounts of complex carbs, but low calories such as whole wheat grain products like bread, or even oatmeal(watch out for the sugar levels). No more than 150g of protein per day, thats enough to let you maintain you're current muscle mass, but not enough to give you any real gains in this period which will just add more weight.

This is gonna be pretty tough to actually get down to 145 in this time period and maintain that weight, but it can be done. Most likely you're still gonna be getting the last bit out of water weight though. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
danny81
11/2/07 3:48:25PM
alright thanks guys
lance70301
11/19/07 3:54:15PM
Cardio..cardio...cardio....work on your wrestling and do some cardio. Eat 5-6 small meals a day and stay away from the salt( it makes you retain water weight) and you will get down to your fight weight in no time.