Diego Sanchez whereabouts?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Diego Sanchez whereabouts?
duggy
8/24/07 12:01:54AM
On August 6th or 7th, it was reported that Diego had left Team Jackson and would be training in California. Does anybody know where he ended up? There was a lot of speculation in the original thread, but I've yet to hear where he actually ended up. It's hard for me to believe that he hasn't been training for the last two weeks as his fight with Fitch is less than a month away. By the way, I think Fitch is gonna tool Sanchez.
Twenty20Dollars
8/24/07 12:23:45AM
pretty sure he has been training
DMcCabe11
8/24/07 12:55:55AM
ya wow good question t never crossed my mind where he was goin
Jackelope
8/24/07 1:37:43AM
Haha maybe he went to California to train with the Gracies ;)
kellab1
8/24/07 1:41:23AM
Sanchez will belt the crap out of Fitch!
duggy
8/24/07 1:48:33AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

pretty sure he has been training

Thank you captain obvious, but where? he is a top welterweight who was publicly on the move and for the last two weeks nothing. I mean, why hasn't his name popped up as the newest member of team quest or rampages camp, etc. I would think his addition to a fight camp would be major news.
bls1919
8/24/07 2:13:05AM
i was actually going to post somthing close to this thread. but i didnt have enough post to post a topic. i know nothing of sanchez since his loss to kos and his upcoming fight with jon fitch. i wonder if he is ready/ how he handled his first loss
Rich78
8/24/07 6:48:35AM
Apparently Diego is now training at UNIJJ in San Diego, according to.....

.... http://www.prowrestling.com/article/mma/668
DCRage
8/24/07 9:05:04AM
He moved to California to be closer to his son. He's now training with Rob Garcia.
LR
8/24/07 9:13:47AM
Yes, Jackson confirmed it on Sherdog radio awhile back as well. He's with Rob Garcia.
macau
8/24/07 9:46:24AM
He is probably traing gogoplata with his hawt GF ali sonoma, ufc ringgirl.
thepunisher
8/24/07 9:47:44AM

Posted by kellab1

if you meant to type "beat" then you are wrong...dead wrong
matthughes23
8/24/07 10:01:06AM
Interesing it will be (i don't intend to be master yoda) to see how much of an influence Greg Jackson's camp was on Diego now that he has left
Jackelope
8/24/07 12:03:19PM

Posted by macau

He is probably traing gogoplata with his hawt GF ali sonoma, ufc ringgirl.

Haha, without the shin across the throat
spikerman19
8/26/07 6:08:08PM
did anybody else notice the retard stare that he had last night
Rush
8/26/07 6:09:23PM

Posted by spikerman19

did anybody else notice the retard stare that he had last night

Yeah, it made me laugh.
Gladiator
8/26/07 6:17:44PM

Posted by thepunisher

Posted by kellab1

if you meant to type "beat" then you are wrong...dead wrong

if sanchez tries to choke fitch out with a belt then he might have a chance, but i doubt it. fitch is an animal and sanchez is a nightmare... nobody is going to "walk through" anyone in this fight.
Sam_Rothstein
8/26/07 6:40:33PM
really he left greg jacksons camp? no wonder he looked so retarded last night when they did a close up of him
Rush
8/26/07 6:45:49PM
I made a statement to my wife last night that I will share with you.

Diego Sanchez has some talent, but he doesn't have the brains to have a successful MMA career.
Playground_Samurai
8/26/07 10:41:35PM
I think alot of people are unjustly counting Diego out of this fight. I don't think that his one lackluster performance against Koscheck should automatically make him a instant dud as an mma fighter. This is the same guy that went the distance with and defeated two top tier fighters in Karo Parisyan and Nick Diaz in instant classics. Those two guys have people hugging their nuts all the time and Diego's defeated both of them yet he gets no love.

I'm not insinuating that Diego is definatly gonna defeat Fitch, because i'm actually 50/50 on this fight. I'm just thinking that he is highly underestimated and doesn't get the respect he deserves simply because people don't like his public persona.

I don't like one of these guys better than the other, but i'm hoping Diego takes this one just to shoot down some haters. Just my two cents.
adamal
8/26/07 11:30:17PM
If you guys are looking for Diego I think I saw him up on a mountain top muttering to himself about destiny, and the stars, and God knows what else. So you may want to check there.