Diego Sanchez wants Josh Koscheck next in June or July

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Diego Sanchez wants Josh Koscheck next in June or July
Next Page »
juanez13
3/5/08 3:28:29PM

“One that would be big for my heart and soul would be Josh Koscheck. The number one question that everyone always asks me is, ‘When are you going to kick that Josh Koscheck’s ass?’ So hopefully, maybe in June or July, we can go ahead and set that fight up.”

“The Nightmare,” unsurprisingly, wants to avenge his miserable-looking, staph infection-induced unanimous decision loss to Josh Koscheck at UFC 69: “Shootout” back in April 2007 now that he’s snapped a two-fight losing skid. Sanchez recently defeated David Bielkheden via technical knockout at UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion.” For “Kos” and Sanchez this would be their third encounter if it happens — Sanchez topped Koscheck in an exhibition match on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). However, Koscheck’s contract is up and he will need to sign an extension before any bouts including him are booked inside the Octagon.

LINK

wolfman
3/5/08 3:32:20PM
Well, hopefully if the rematch happens it isn't as boring as their first fight. Diego was pretty messed up from that staph infection, and I think it showed. It is a hard fight for me to pick, because I don't really care for either of them. I just hope it's an entertaining fight.
silverbullet
3/5/08 3:56:32PM
Both of these guys are steadily improving. This would be an awesome match-up.
Boo_Radley21
3/5/08 4:01:42PM
Horray. A rematch to the most boring fight ive ever watched. This should be exciting.
roger
3/5/08 4:14:22PM
would love to see the rematch but i think Koscheck would still win hopefully by a better way then Decision, i say he wins by tko late in the 3rd round
wrona666
3/5/08 4:19:39PM
I cant stand eigther of them, but I think Kos would knock him out this time....
seanfu
3/5/08 4:31:42PM
Koscheck by L&P, if he stands it will be a split decision.
Darnok
3/5/08 4:36:16PM
I hate it when whiners ask for a rematch against someone they lost to. If it was a DQ or maybe even a freak injury maybe give a rematch. But why would the winner want to fight a guy again right away after he beat him up. Stupid.
Twenty20Dollars
3/5/08 4:39:45PM
Diego takes the 3rd fight by armbar or rear naked choke or tko ground n pound.

personally i want to see this 3rd match but i think its too early for a rematch maybe after they have 1 or 2 fights more then they can have the 3rd fight.
CornishMMA
3/5/08 4:50:57PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Horray. A rematch to the most boring fight ive ever watched. This should be exciting.

I think you are thinking about this the wrong way bud and couldnt disagree more, cos the 1st was so poor im certain this would be an amazing fast paced fight thats very exciting, i hope they make it now
GraMMA
3/5/08 5:06:19PM
This is a rematch that needs to happen imo.Sanchez has never had a boring fight,but that one, and Diego needs some redemption for it.The rematch is sure to be an all out war and I have no doubt The Nightmare will put a hurtin on him.
bayonetxwork
3/5/08 5:12:48PM
Diego doesn't deserve it yet IMO. Koscheck's coming off another win, and he will probably fight a top 5 WW. Assuming he loses that, and Diego picks up a win or two, then I could see this.
billycarnage
3/5/08 6:53:19PM
It has to happen sooner or later. I think Diego does deserve it. I would like to see Kos vs Hughes or Karo and maybe Diego vs Davis or Swick then see the rematch.
NatedawgThaM
3/5/08 7:28:40PM

Posted by Darnok

I hate it when whiners ask for a rematch against someone they lost to. If it was a DQ or maybe even a freak injury maybe give a rematch. But why would the winner want to fight a guy again right away after he beat him up. Stupid.

Uh yeah, Diego WAS injured!!! He had a horrible Staph before the fight and was gonna retire the night before. He lost a crap load of energy which is why he wasn't nearly as aggressive in that fight.

I WANT to see this. Diego beat him on the TUF 1, Kos got lucky at 69 Diego wasn't himself. Diego is focused, healthy, and I think he will dominate Kos. I don't see how Kos could LNP. The one time Kos did take him down in that fight Diego immediately flipped him. Diego takes the decision in a great fight.
DBest
3/5/08 7:43:34PM
I think that this one will be way different than last time. Diego is completly focused and badly wants this win back. I think that kos has the stand up advantage but, I think that KOS is getting a little wreckless with his takedowns. If you look at the first fight diego got Koscheck's back at the end of the round. Even know he had a bad staph infection. Also Hazelett had kos in a triangle choke at the end of their first round. So I see Diego winning by sub in the 2nd.
nastshabast
3/5/08 8:19:57PM
DIEGO WAS INJURED I'M SUCH A DICKRIDER IT"S NOT EVEN FUNNYDIEGO COULDN"T POOP FOR LKE A WEEKDIEGO'S MOM DIDN"T MAKE HIM BREAKFAST THAT MORNING

WAR Kos
NatedawgThaM
3/5/08 8:48:24PM

Posted by nastshabast

DIEGO WAS INJURED I'M SUCH A DICKRIDER IT"S NOT EVEN FUNNYDIEGO COULDN"T POOP FOR LKE A WEEKDIEGO'S MOM DIDN"T MAKE HIM BREAKFAST THAT MORNING

WAR Kos

That's real tough man, coming from a guy who probably never had staph infection in his life, and had it the night before a big sporting event.
wolfman
3/5/08 9:00:40PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by nastshabast

WAR Kos

That's real tough man, coming from a guy who probably never had staph infection in his life, and had it the night before a big sporting event.

Yeah, I have to agree here. I've had staph before and it literally drains every ounce of energy in your body. I felt like I was dead.
LayinFrame
3/5/08 9:19:18PM
wolf i absolutely love your av by the way , staph infection is like the flu x2. I cant believe he lasted as long as he did, i would have had it about 3 minutes into the first round. I would have to give this fight to kos though, they both looked good in there fights, sanchez looked great after coming off 2 losses, but kos is getting better and better everytime i see him. That triangle choke was pretty deep, and had the balls enough to hold on. i want to say kos rd2 ko. cant wait for this fight :)
Darnok
3/5/08 10:00:40PM
If he was that bad then he should have dropped out of the fight. The only thing worse than asking for a rematch right after you lose is to pull a Tim Sylvia and say oh I was sick or I had a cough.

Don't get me wrong he is a good fighter I just think he belongs in the Tito and Lindland category.
NatedawgThaM
3/5/08 10:13:32PM

Posted by Darnok

If he was that bad then he should have dropped out of the fight. The only thing worse than asking for a rematch right after you lose is to pull a Tim Sylvia and say oh I was sick or I had a cough.

Don't get me wrong he is a good fighter I just think he belongs in the Tito and Lindland category.

It was the day or two before the fight. It's not like you can drop out that quickly after all the hype that was built two months ahead of time.
jae_1833
3/5/08 11:52:44PM
THey should have the rematch and then not air it unless Dana and Co agree that it was an exciting enough fight for all to see.
ufcboss
3/6/08 2:05:13AM
I would like to see them fight for the 3rd time, Sell the rubber match.
Diego beat Kos.
Kos. beat Diego.
Who wins the 3rd??

I wouldnt have a clue,
saemskin
3/6/08 7:31:48AM
I don't like Koscheck's attitude, they way he runs his mouth, or his stupid ass hair cut. Aside from Diego's constant bible thumping, I like everything about him. His fighting style, his attitude, AND his haircut (I'm joking about the hair guys!)

But the ultimate tell for *me* is the fact Diego has had some serious wars. I can think of 3 fights of his that for my money were totally amazing.
Sanchez vs Diaz
Sanchez vs Parisyan
and when he ktfo's Diesel.

I've been watching all the PPV's and UFN's ever since TUF season 1. So I have seen every Koscheck fight that was televised, and he has not one single fight that ever had me on the edge of my seat. Not nearly the way Diego has with the first 2 fights on my list up there. Koscheck is over-rated, over-ranked, and his win against Deigo was a FLUKE!
For crying out loud. Tell me what he did to secure that win besides throwing a few jabs? NOTHING! I think you people are riding his nut sack because he was on tv and has a good physique and will eat your words after the rematch when Diego wipes his feet on Kos's neck.

Lastly, I think he needs to learn a little bit about humility from people like Anderson Silva, GSP, and Randy Couture who are some of the most respectful fighters in victory there are. Go back and look at how he acted when he got the decision over Diego. he acted like Melvin Guillard...... I have no respect for Josh Koscheck and I hate the fact we share names..
SmileR
3/6/08 9:03:40AM
I'd give this fight to Diego. He controlled the first fight with ease and the second was hardly a even fight.

Diego was told he was HIV positive and wouldn't be able to fight again, then they told him they messed up and they weren't sure what he had then figured out it was a staph infection and started to treat that!

How he even managed to climb the stairs to the cage was amazing!

I personally don't like ether guys personalities too much but i wouldn't think twice about giving this fight to a healthy Sanchez.

DevonFoxy
3/6/08 9:16:28AM
See I agree i would love to see this fight happen but I honestly see a more exciting match but the same out come. I don't see Kos winning this by KO or TKO but I do see them banging it out on the feet and then Kos defending the take down.

Kos's stand up imo is getting increasingly better as with Diego it seems just about the same. So I think Kos can just pound him in the stand up and then if needed take him down and pound him there. I don't think Diego should ask for this match until he gets another win but we know the UFC loves drama so this could be in the cards. I think its a slap to Kos personally as he just went 3 with GSP and then fights a guy only pretty strong fans have heard of and know about. But thats neither here nor there.
Kos by UD. in a much better fight.
tylerlee123
3/6/08 10:33:30AM
I think Sanchez should fight at least two more top fighters before he takes on Koscheck again, he is not ready yet
FantasyFighter
3/6/08 12:05:31PM

Posted by saemskin
Lastly, I think he needs to learn a little bit about humility from people like Anderson Silva, GSP, and Randy Couture who are some of the most respectful fighters in victory there are. Go back and look at how he acted when he got the decision over Diego. he acted like Melvin Guillard...... I have no respect for Josh Koscheck and I hate the fact we share names..

Dude, I am a fan of both guys as fighters and not a fan of either as people, but let me tell you. Diego is just as bad as Kos about running his mouth. Before Kos beat him, Diego was always saying he was gonna retire undefeated as the greatest fighter ever. And then all that crap at the weigh-ins. If anyone was winning the Melvin G. award it was Diego. I mean give me a break, Kos may talk trash, but Diego is even worse if you ask me.
Kpro
3/6/08 2:16:37PM
I have not read this entire thread so it may have already been said; but Kos would have to slip up and lose for Diego to deserve a rematch. Kos has proven to be on a level above Diego thus far, and until he loses, there's no way a rematch is in order.
silverbullet
3/6/08 3:19:54PM

Posted by Kpro

I have not read this entire thread so it may have already been said; but Kos would have to slip up and lose for Diego to deserve a rematch. Kos has proven to be on a level above Diego thus far, and until he loses, there's no way a rematch is in order.

Since their time on TUF, Diego beat three top 10 fighters plus Joe Riggs. He also lost to Fitch (top 5) by the thinnest split decision. Kos lost to GSP hands down and beat Diego in an unconvincing fashion. Otherwise he's been knocking down cans (besides maybe Goulet and Spratt). If Diego wins his next fight in the same fashion as he won the last one, a rematch is in order.

Yes, Kos is amazing for hanging with GSP for three rounds, but otherwise you cannot compare the competition he has faced with Diego's. And I am not even bringing up Koscheck's dumbass loss to Drew Fickett.
Pages: [1] 2