Diego Sanchez Tests Positive For The Sweet Ganja

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Diego Sanchez Tests Positive For The Sweet Ganja
Next Page »
Gogoplata
3/22/07 1:10:26PM
Source

Puff that ganj, Diego!
nellyhiphophead
3/22/07 1:15:24PM
wow word up diego. come up to nelson and puff the good stuff
ffforgottenx
3/22/07 2:05:34PM
hahaha never would have seen that one coming.. puff puff pass
hippysmacker
3/22/07 2:14:50PM
It actually saddens me. If he wants to get high , that's his business, and as long as he keeps it to himself he won't have any problems. This is not a weed right/wrong issue to me. It's a intelligence/ hypocrisy one. Still, I would think a guy so supposedly dedicated to his career, wouldn't make this kind of mistake , knowing how it would cost him. Suspensions, possible sponsorships, maybe even delaying a title shot. If he know's he could be tested( and that it's a violation of the rules) , and still does it knowing the possible damage to his career, it doesn't make him look very bright. He claims a be catholic, but has all this eastern mysticism stuff around him, which is in direct comflict with catholocism. I guess the thing that bother's me more than anything is I just don't like hypocrisy. Definately not his most shining moment.
Dadaman
3/22/07 3:10:31PM
I see the CSAC only gave Diego a 3month suspension as oppose to Nick's 6 month NSAC suspension. Well he also broke his orbital bone too.

Saddens me to see two young fighters get busted for shit this trivial. Doesn't exactly do their communities any justice either. What's next? Villasenor and Melendez puffin the reefs with their camp buddies too?
pv3Hpv3p
3/22/07 3:25:26PM
I personally don't think that marijuana should be considered performance inhancing in any way...

I know that it's illegal, so the NSAC should simply turn them over to the authorities, which can do nothing if there is no physical evidence besides a mild fine, and not tarnish their careers with this trivial bullshit...
deadcore
3/22/07 3:45:39PM
wow big surprise that mexicans smoke pot.
chentay2112
3/22/07 4:01:04PM
although it is trivial... it's still against the law and the authorities cant be seen to ignore it...
the fact he was only given a three month ban and a small fine shows that they don't take it that seriously (3 months is not really going to interfere with his fighting/training) but they do have to be seen to be doing something to stop the use of any drugs
loller90278
3/22/07 4:09:12PM

Posted by deadcore

that made me laugh, goooood one mate

does this mean the koschek fight is off ?
chentay2112
3/22/07 4:14:03PM
according to the link that Gogoplata used SANCHEZ has already served his suspension and is cleared to fight KOS
waylon_o
3/22/07 4:24:44PM
They should worry about real drugs and steroids rather than wasting time and money on pot
cant_hit_bombz
3/22/07 5:53:52PM
Confucius say man who stand on toilet,high on pot

I think they should be turned over to the police also. in my experience pot slowes you reaction times down, why the hell would you do it when make a living trying not to have your head kicked off your shoulders
BloodandTears
3/22/07 6:29:12PM
I agree with waylon here. I dont see it enhancing anything at all. If anything, it would hinder most peoples performance. I lost some respect for Sanchez for this one
Gogoplata
3/22/07 6:52:37PM
I don't like Sanchez to begin with so this is quite hilarious to me.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/22/07 8:54:53PM
Cool.......great that he's a fello stoner.....now pass that shit!

Smoking weed is a guilty pleasure for Sanchez....im sure he knows its bad,but still have to hit that shit if they pass it your way!..lol

If they all of a sudden banned sex during fighting 2 weeks before a fight....im sure you wouldnt think twice about it if a hot (like the girl in my avatar) walked up to you ......and you know...

Weedies.....Breakfast of Champions!...
Stickan
3/22/07 10:07:50PM

Posted by hippysmacker

It actually saddens me. If he wants to get high , that's his business, and as long as he keeps it to himself he won't have any problems. This is not a weed right/wrong issue to me. It's a intelligence/ hypocrisy one. Still, I would think a guy so supposedly dedicated to his career, wouldn't make this kind of mistake , knowing how it would cost him. Suspensions, possible sponsorships, maybe even delaying a title shot. If he know's he could be tested( and that it's a violation of the rules) , and still does it knowing the possible damage to his career, it doesn't make him look very bright. He claims a be catholic, but has all this eastern mysticism stuff around him, which is in direct comflict with catholocism. I guess the thing that bother's me more than anything is I just don't like hypocrisy. Definately not his most shining moment.

Except for the religous part that I really know nothing about I agree with you 100%. He let me down big time. I've always seen him as one of the most dedicated and driven fighters in the sport. This just messed it all up.
MonkeyPus
3/22/07 10:53:50PM
I didn't like Diego until this. I guess everyone loves weed, hell even my TURTLE loves weed!
mrsumo
3/24/07 12:08:15AM
I don't think that the pot helped him get the win. It sucks that it's illegal, but he broke the rules. Off with his head!
mrsumo
3/24/07 12:25:51AM

Posted by deadcore

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
migo
3/24/07 12:49:52AM
Pot is less of a hindrance than alcohol, yet nobody has a problem with fighters drinking. Anyone who says they lost respect for Sanchez over this is just being stupid. Pot stays in your system for a long time, you can test positive without having smoked it recently and not be affected by it at all.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/24/07 12:52:11AM

Posted by migo

Pot is less of a hindrance than alcohol, yet nobody has a problem with fighters drinking. Anyone who says they lost respect for Sanchez over this is just being stupid. Pot stays in your system for a long time, you can test positive without having smoked it recently and not be affected by it at all.

Ross Ribliati is it? that snowboarder who was at a party where there was people smoking pot got his medal taken away because of trace amounts in his bloodstream. Maybe its the same case for Diego
warglory
3/24/07 1:08:25AM

Posted by MonkeyPus

I didn't like Diego until this. I guess everyone loves weed, hell even my TURTLE loves weed!

No offense, but I will never understand why there is so much pride in smoking. I see it all the time (though I do live in Burlington VT! haha). I don't have a problem with it, I just think its funny because I see it all the time with people who are regular smokers.
wkm311
3/24/07 5:29:40PM
what a dumb ass...
migo
3/24/07 5:46:59PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by migo

Ross Ribliati is it? that snowboarder who was at a party where there was people smoking pot got his medal taken away because of trace amounts in his bloodstream. Maybe its the same case for Diego

Ross Rebgliati - he got his medal back since it wasn't performance enhancing.
MonkeyPus
3/24/07 6:17:37PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by MonkeyPus

No offense, but I will never understand why there is so much pride in smoking. I see it all the time (though I do live in Burlington VT! haha). I don't have a problem with it, I just think its funny because I see it all the time with people who are regular smokers.

None tokin' ... I mean takin'. I'm from Vansterdam (Vancouver, BC) where everyone tokes. It's part of our culture. We have the best pot in the world. Maybe you just haven't smoke the primo. I've only smoked hay in the US. What's the burlington VT reference?
madmarck
3/24/07 8:26:35PM
thats actually a terrible punishment. $500? Thats nothing to him (or anyone really). And 3 months? How does that hurt him? At his level he wont compete until after 3 months anyways.
So in reality he got $500 for testing positive. Shame on the world. If your gonna make things illegal at least make the punishment something that will deter people.

Posted by MonkeyPus

Posted by warglory

Posted by MonkeyPus

None tokin' ... I mean takin'. I'm from Vansterdam (Vancouver, BC) where everyone tokes. It's part of our culture. We have the best pot in the world. Maybe you just haven't smoke the primo. I've only smoked hay in the US. What's the burlington VT reference?

There is a burlington in Newfoundland and a bigger one in Ontario.
JimiMak
3/24/07 9:30:01PM

Posted by MonkeyPus

Posted by warglory

Posted by MonkeyPus

Burlington is the east coast capital. Though for what you're used to you should try Mendocino county... shhhh
iwannabesedated
3/25/07 8:28:39PM

Posted by Gogoplata

I don't like Sanchez to begin with so this is quite hilarious to me.

And this coming from a cincy bengals fan....hilarious is when players on your team is arrested for DUI and other things...what you have like 9 dudes arrested in 9 months???.I dont like the Bengals to begin with so that is really funny to me..also funny that Joey Porter punched Levi Jones....good to see hes still a STEELER
Gogoplata
3/25/07 10:37:57PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by migo

Yeah, I bet he was "just at a party" and not cheefin'. AND he's a snowboarder? Come on, of course he was blazing down.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/25/07 10:39:32PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by migo

Yeah, I bet he was "just at a party" and not cheefin'. AND he's a snowboarder? Come on, of course he was blazing down.

I wasnt defending him, that was his story. He probably was sucking down the ganja
Pages: [1] 2