Diego Sanchez Pre-Fight Intensity

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Diego Sanchez Pre-Fight Intensity
POLL: Do you enjoy Diego Sanchez's pre-fight intensity?
Definitely yes 38% (20)
Definitely no, stop it now. 26% (14)
Yes, but it makes me uneasy 11% (6)
No, but it works for him. 25% (13)
scoozna
2/23/09 11:26:14AM
The pre-fight Diego Sanchez intensity. I like it. As long as he keeps winning.
emfleek
2/23/09 11:30:31AM

Posted by scoozna

It was driving me nuts.

CLICK for my thoughts in another thread.
scoozna
2/23/09 11:49:23AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

It was driving me nuts.

CLICK for my thoughts in another thread.

LOL...that's a great gif...everyone should check it out.

...and the "spittle" thing on his lip was so ironic...he's like a rabid animal...or is he crazy...you just never know.
Bowen50
2/23/09 11:55:08AM
i chose definitely yes because it was hilarious. just chanting "YES" over and over again i was sitting there laughing for his entire entrance.
zephead
2/23/09 12:54:40PM
I had to trun away. Watching someone with spit all over their mouth isn't something I want to do will drinking beer and eating pizza. At that moment I wanted Joe Daddy to KO him. I am not a fan of Sanchez at all and then whe he oes his, "other World" stuff, I don't like him even more
DCRage
2/23/09 12:57:33PM
It was kinda funny in its own sense. Reminded me of when Ken Shamrock was in WWF/E back in the 90s and he'd sort of "Hulk up" before he got into the ring. Perhaps we could dub Diego's ritual the "anti-tweak" (PS-"the tweak" made an appearance at UWC, but the tweaker lost).
telnights
2/23/09 1:57:36PM
I could careless either way. If it works for him then so be it doesn't matter what people think as long as it works for you.
loller90278
2/23/09 2:12:40PM
he said it himself, hes a tony robbins weirdo. It's all about mantra's and all that garbage.

on the same note, when i saw ufc 95 countdown, i thought diegos mom was just as wacky as he is.. anybody catch that ?
billycarnage
2/23/09 3:16:22PM
I thought we ruled out the GAY avatars???

I thought it was a bit rediculous. Diego will always be one of my favorites regardless. Its that same intensity that makes him entertaining in the octagon. He leaves it all out there. He isn't the smoothest guy but he works hard and he entertains. I love the attitude. The yes chant made me laugh but I excuse it because I know he is in the zone. He is all in. It was him and Joe. No cameras no fans no tv just mind set to kill.

I look forward to his next showing at LW as this one had a rusty feel to it.
jiujitsufreak74
2/23/09 3:39:23PM
i was embarrassed that he is part of our sport...i think that sums up my feelings pretty accurately
billycarnage
2/23/09 3:48:03PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i was embarrassed that he is part of our sport...i think that sums up my feelings pretty accurately

Atleast he didn't come out in a dress. There have been far worse scenarios IMO. His performance is what matters. He's no Kalib Starnes. He is dedicated and stays out of trouble. I say let it go.
jakeiceman
2/24/09 12:27:24AM

Posted by billycarnage

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Atleast he didn't come out in a dress. There have been far worse scenarios IMO. His performance is what matters. He's no Kalib Starnes. He is dedicated and stays out of trouble. I say let it go.

billycarnage is thinking too logical, I say hold that hatrid deep and really let it boil

Like i said I feel the same of Diego.
bigbubbano23
2/26/09 12:03:21AM
he just does it to get joe "excited"
haggiswashere
2/26/09 12:46:56AM
Every time I see him do ANYTHING but fight I feel myself get a headache due to rolling my eyes too much. I really wonder if he thinks he freaks people out with his pre fight staredowns because they usually just make me laugh. He is a talented fighter, a wee bit overrated but still good. He definitely needs to tone it down.
NeaRMisS
2/26/09 10:58:25AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Every time I see him do ANYTHING but fight I feel myself get a headache due to rolling my eyes too much. I really wonder if he thinks he freaks people out with his pre fight staredowns because they usually just make me laugh. He is a talented fighter, a wee bit overrated but still good. He definitely needs to tone it down.

Seriously, I try not to just say I hate the guy, but f*ck every time I see him he does something new that just makes me go w t f! Ugh, talented fighter is 100% accurate, but I mean cmon... enough with the stupid crap please!!!!
RNC
3/5/09 2:55:45AM
The guy is about to step into a cage and throw bones with somebody. What's wrong with getting amped up before a fight?