Diego Sanchez Misses Weight for UFC on Fuel TV 8 Fight, Will Pay Penalty

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Diego Sanchez Misses Weight for UFC on Fuel TV 8 Fight, Will Pay Penalty
FastKnockout
3/2/13 11:28:28AM
Diego Sanchez is trying to fulfill a dream of fighting in Japan. Despite missing weight at Friday’s UFC on Fuel TV 8: Silva vs. Stann weigh-ins, it looks like he’ll still be able to fulfill that dream, he’ll just do so for a little less compensation than he had originally planned.

Sanchez missed weight by two pounds on his initial weigh-in. He tipped the scale at 158 pounds. The allowance for a lightweight non-title fight is 156 pounds.

Link
RhythmAndStyle
3/2/13 11:53:21AM
Sanchez didnt even look healthy durning the weight ins..that weight cut looked like it was hurting him...
shaneTpain
3/2/13 12:01:28PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Sanchez didnt even look healthy durning the weight ins..that weight cut looked like it was hurting him...

i was gonna say the same thing.
last minute switch to the Fireball Kid??
FastKnockout
3/2/13 12:06:09PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

I was thinking about it but decided not to take my chances. Last minute switches never work for me.
kopower
3/2/13 12:08:25PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

I was thinking about but decided to take my chances. Last minute switches never work for me.

Switched to Gomi after seeing the weigh ins, then back to Sanchez. I think the fact he didn't even try to lose the remaining weight will help him.
sparky
3/2/13 12:17:11PM

I'm not a fan of fighters who dont make weight this sucks because I really like Diego
tcunningham
3/2/13 1:47:01PM
not a good start for his return to LW. i was really hoping to see him come back strong but now im not feeling to good about this fight. if he loses to gomi, that will be a very difficult loss to return from. gomi is not far from retirement and/or getting cut IMO.
Travesty145
3/2/13 1:57:40PM
i still think he beats gomi. gomi has been overrated for years. he hasnt been able to hang with top ufc competition and he never will be able to
jjeans
3/2/13 1:57:58PM
Rumours on twitter are that he started his camp at 205
OnyxShadow
3/2/13 2:04:58PM
I've always thought LW was too hard a cut for him. Even when he was doing the cut successfully in his last LW run, he looked unhealthy and didn't have his usual level of strength it seemed.
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
3/2/13 3:45:56PM
Damn Diego could of used that 20% to hire Mike Dolce to help him cut the weight
Chael_Sonnen
3/2/13 4:21:01PM
'The Dream' or teh 'Butterbean'

Drink more distilled water Diego
prozacnation1978
3/2/13 5:03:16PM
I would switch but when ever I do I lose