Diego Sanchez to Lightweight!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Diego Sanchez to Lightweight!!
Biggz
12/4/08 8:09:18PM
ok everyone, lets hear what you have to say!

is it becuase he thinks it will be easier for him in that division?
and where do you put him, you cant give him a title shot and i think giving him Florian is not the answer kenny won a shot at the belt PERIOD. so who fights him first, Diaz, Guida, or Huerta? i think those three are the most likely, what do you think?
nickcuc547
12/4/08 8:18:27PM
2 fights and he gets a title shot, he can take anybody in that division including sherk and bj. now if he were to fight bj i would pick him to lose but he is absolutely capable of beating him. Without a single fight at lw I would put him #2 in my rankings behind only penn. Give him a tough guy like frankie edgar in his first lighweight fight then feed him sherk, winner gets bj.
Franklinfan47
12/4/08 8:39:58PM
I personally think he'll be an instant contender in the division. A Diego Sanchez at lw is scary imo. I think he'd stand a good chance at taking florian again and would give sherk and penn some serious problems. Good for diego
dannyfrank
12/4/08 8:54:05PM
i'd like to see him give diaz a good 'ol fashion beatdown
mentalcase
12/4/08 8:55:56PM
i didn't know he can cut to 155, will he loss muscle mass if he cuts that much
aaa9erh8er
12/4/08 9:02:32PM
i agree with mentel hes not a small WW. but i agree he can beat BJ he can beat any one in the div will he is the question. i like diego always have hope this move works for him. but i wanna see him vs huerta personaly. or guida would be sick also.
copcopps
12/4/08 9:04:20PM

Posted by mentalcase

I mean he was a MW on TUF how the hell can he be a LW yet alone a monster in the division
ajorton
12/4/08 9:05:03PM
I would love to see a Sanchez/ Huerta fight!
grappler0000
12/4/08 9:58:17PM

Posted by nickcuc547

2 fights and he gets a title shot, he can take anybody in that division including sherk and bj. now if he were to fight bj i would pick him to lose but he is absolutely capable of beating him. Without a single fight at lw I would put him #2 in my rankings behind only penn. Give him a tough guy like frankie edgar in his first lighweight fight then feed him sherk, winner gets bj.

I think he could potentially outpoint Sherk, but there's no doubt in my mind that BJ would embarrass him...absolutely no doubt. There is not a single aspect of MMA that he is better than BJ at. If you want to look at a comparison, consider Nog and Fedor. As good as Nog is in every aspect, Fedor is better.
jawbreaker517
12/4/08 10:41:42PM
I'd say Sanchez would be very good in this division. He would be too big for alot of people. I think he would beat Guida, Diaz, Edgar, and Florian(big fan), but would lose to either BJ or Sherk. Roger Huerta would give him a good fight, though.
upgrade
12/19/08 5:14:41PM
i would give him huerta because the only real compition huerta has ever faced is florian and he IMO got dismantled
bls1919
12/19/08 5:47:16PM
Acording to sherdog Diego and Joe stevenson have verbally agreed to fight at UFC 95. If this is true it wil be a war. I have Daddy taking by UD or an early submission.
GrizzlyChadams
12/19/08 8:18:47PM
I'm almost tempted to go with Joe on this fight. If the weight cut goes poorly for Diego, Stevenson is a very tough opponent and would take advantage of that with ease. Although if Diego does come in %100, Stevenson doesn't stand much of a chance.
MMA
12/19/08 9:06:48PM

Posted by dannyfrank

i'd like to see him give diaz a good 'ol fashion beatdown

Lol, it would be so bad ass for him to beat down Nick's younger brother. On the other hand, his fight with Nick was damn close and I actually think Nate's a better fighter so it might be revenge for the Diaz brothers.
breakdown5
12/19/08 9:49:19PM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by mentalcase

I mean he was a MW on TUF how the hell can he be a LW yet alone a monster in the division

But Florian was also a MW on TUF (a smaller one though), and now he's the number one contender at LW.

Diego doesn't carry the sort of muscle mass that GSP and Alves carry at WW. He's definitely not huge at WW, but he will be at LW.
thefightexpo
12/19/08 9:51:01PM
diego is awesome at LW he will be scary
inyaface69
12/21/08 7:42:09PM
Word on the street is Sanchez is set up to fight Joe Stevenson at UFC 95 i believe...Diego is hands down my favorite fighter and i hope this was a smart move on his part. I hope we see the old Joe Stevenson at UFC 95, I think it's a good test for Diego at LW but the question is, who's wrestling and who's stand-up is better?

Hopefully Florian get's the next title shot because I deffinantly think he deserves it. But who will Sanchez fight if he wins this fight and how many fights until he gets a title shot?...Maybe he would fight the winner of Lauzon vs Franca, or maybe Nate Diaz or Frankie Edgar...I guess we'll have to see what happens.

fonduktoe
12/22/08 2:58:08AM
hopefully he makes the cut better than other fighters of late,
people tend to think that droppping a weight class will give them a huge advantage
in all actuality this changes their physiology and training regimen to a high degree that few couch pundits consider
however in this case i have always considered diego's tenacity second to none (asteriks to the kos v diego fight cause the circumstances were a little dicey) and if he is able to maintain his pacing and endurance he will be a force to be reckoned with at lw
i'll officially reserve judgement in this matter till i see him fight at lw (i used to think vera was the shit)
slapshot
12/22/08 5:03:02AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by nickcuc547

I think he could potentially outpoint Sherk, but there's no doubt in my mind that BJ would embarrass him...absolutely no doubt. There is not a single aspect of MMA that he is better than BJ at. If you want to look at a comparison, consider Nog and Fedor. As good as Nog is in every aspect, Fedor is better.

I dont even think he can beat Sherk, thats no small accomplishment and even though I feel he is in the top five in the weight class odds are Edgar, Sherk and BJ would all beat him. I herd someone say he could run through Diaz and thats a very close fight IMO but I would not be surprised to see him get submitted by Nate.
He adds some excitement to the class and Ill be happy to see him fight any of these guys.
jawbreaker517
12/22/08 8:18:00PM
I think Huerta first, but still think the talent is too deep near the top.
nastynick13
12/23/08 4:08:02AM
I hope he keeps fighting in WW... I STILL WANT TO SEE HIM FIGHT THIAGO ALVES! That was suppose to be the fight of the year. Pitbull would've tested that mexican chin.
nastynick13
12/23/08 4:35:38AM