Diego Sanchez: Joe Stevenson is a whitebelt who’s going to get eaten (Video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Diego Sanchez: Joe Stevenson is a whitebelt who’s going to get eaten (Video)
SmileR
2/16/09 2:23:03PM
sparky
2/16/09 2:37:18PM
HAHAHAHAH WAR DIEGO
State_Champ
2/16/09 2:38:59PM
i couldn't get the link to work (but maybe i'm just being dumb).
wapttn
2/16/09 2:45:11PM
Sanchez walks around at 178... and fitch had 17lbs on him in their fight.. so lets say that sanchez was able to get back to 178 between the weigh-in and the fight... so fitch was 195. My experiences in weight cutting is pretty limited... i bleed out about 5lbs of water and get it all back the next day. Is it common for a welterweight to put on 25lbs between the weigh-in and fight?

and what's sanchez doing dissing on joe's camp? Isnt sanchez still with the university of jiu jitsu? I dont think either camp has a roster with any known fighters let alone is known for putting together great camps or game winning strategies. Sanchez leaving JSF was probably the dumbest move of his career. I personally still question sanchez's mentality but i think that he has the better skill set and will win this fight as a result of pace
higdon10
2/16/09 4:11:31PM
Sanchez has talked so much s*** coming into this fight. I want Stevenson to finish him so much more now.
jocka
2/16/09 6:55:59PM
For once i will agree with Sanchez. i also believe Stevenson has not evolved for a long time. i don't think he is a white belt by any means but his stand up is still bad and lets face it his jiujistu is not the best either. I don't like saying it cause i like Stevenson's attitude but Sanchez will win this one where ever he decides to take it.
GSPCanada
2/17/09 7:10:02PM
I hate the trash talk but I'm going to agree but disagree with diego, stevenson is by no means a white belt but when speaking technically he is not a black belt, what i mean is he has poor technique but he has alot of power which is his best attribute
nickcuc547
2/17/09 7:19:53PM
i know it isn't going to happen but i hope stevenson embarrasses diego.
Jackelope
2/17/09 7:36:56PM

Posted by wapttn

My experiences in weight cutting is pretty limited... i bleed out about 5lbs of water and get it all back the next day. Is it common for a welterweight to put on 25lbs between the weigh-in and fight?

I wouldn't say 25 lbs in a day is common at all. 10-15 lbs is about the upper limit one can expect to gain back at that weight in a day's time. Even then, that's the upper range. More common would be around 8-12.

Now, if you're Brock Lesnar then you might be able to gain back 20 lbs pretty easily. Just because his body is so huge that it can hold a **** ton of water and he probably eats about twice what a 180 lb. guy can expect to possibly be able to eat.
mentalcase
2/17/09 9:33:23PM
i agree with Diego, calling Joe a white belt was just an exaggeration but Joe did not display any black belt skills