DIEGO SANCHEZ

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » DIEGO SANCHEZ
MFOTHER
6/21/08 10:52:50PM
ive never been a fan...but wow did he impress me.........i was planing on starting this thread BEFORE that huge kick....actually the third big kick he landed tonight.........hes got a new fan
juanez13
6/21/08 10:55:46PM
yea his stand up looked impressive, didnt expect him to outstrike Luigi like he did....

also very impressed with Luigi's ground game.....
EON
6/21/08 10:57:08PM

Posted by juanez13

yea his stand up looked impressive, didnt expect him to outstrike Luigi like he did....

also very impressed with Luigi's ground game.....

yeah, but im more impressed with luigi, i thought deigo would demolish luigi and it was far from one sided, luigi will be back for sure, wow, diego only had him down once or twice and it wasnt for long
dannyfrank
6/21/08 11:26:13PM
this was an awesome fight. very impressed with both fighters
DiabloFreak56
6/22/08 12:10:47AM
hes been one of my favorites for a while now. and tonight showed that his standup has gotten a lot better. and i was suprised how diego couldnt take him down. and damn diego's kicks were vicious
nickcuc547
6/22/08 12:12:23AM
diego looked the best on the card tonight, grove looked good too but diego was more impressive. fioravanti is a tough underrated fighter and sanchez beat him at his game after he couldn't get a take down, very impressive.
Twenty20Dollars
6/22/08 3:21:53AM
always been a diego sanches fan. striking really improved and can take a shot. just all around good game now. More technical and power striking.

diego needs to get another win and then look to avenge those losses to koscheck and fitch.

because i know diego could have beat koscheck if he didnt have that staph and some believe diego did beat fitch.
telnights
6/22/08 3:53:16AM
Man did Diego look good tonight his striking was much much better than I have ever seen from him. This kid just gets better and better every time he fights. I truly think he could have beat KOS if he didnt have a staph infection in their last fight and think he would win a rematch. Now unlike some others I don't think Grove looked that great I just think Tanner looked that bad. If you put Grove in there with someone with good stand up and can pressure him right off the bat it would be a short night for him. I don't think Grove is even a good gate keeper to be honest and should be fighting in the WEC or some where else by the end of 2009. The gate keeper at 185 right now seams to be Chris Leben and I don't Grove could beat him on his good day. Now as far as Tanner I think its time he hung it up. I think his life style for so many years has just broken him down and I don't think he will ever be the fighter he once was.
pdanke
6/22/08 11:13:06AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

always been a diego sanches fan. striking really improved and can take a shot. just all around good game now. More technical and power striking.

diego needs to get another win and then look to avenge those losses to koscheck and fitch.

because i know diego could have beat koscheck if he didnt have that staph and some believe diego did beat fitch.

That rematch with Kos needs to happen NOW.
Mchubb316
6/22/08 12:15:56PM
I agree with you guys. Sanchez showed improved stand up and with an already good ground game. He looks to be putting it all together. Luigi was impressive as well. He showed that he is becoming well rounded, with his ground game to go with his striking. I would love nothing more than to see Diego and Kos go at it again. Good fight.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/22/08 12:23:53PM

Posted by pdanke

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

That rematch with Kos needs to happen NOW.

FOR REAL!

Diego needs another loss before his head gets too big again
89vision
6/22/08 3:36:05PM
its offical, Alves would destroy Diego, just look how good Luigi did
gartface
6/22/08 6:17:05PM

Posted by 89vision

I'm confused...So Diego beat someone at their own game, thoroughly might I add, and it's somehow a step back?
When has there been talk of Alves even fighting Diego? He's further up the 170lb ladder than Diego. I can see Diego vs. Koscheck II (which I think will be the complete opposite of their first fight) rather than Diego fighting Alves.
89vision
6/22/08 11:08:29PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by 89vision

I'm confused...So Diego beat someone at their own game, thoroughly might I add, and it's somehow a step back?
When has there been talk of Alves even fighting Diego? He's further up the 170lb ladder than Diego. I can see Diego vs. Koscheck II (which I think will be the complete opposite of their first fight) rather than Diego fighting Alves.

i didnt say they would fight but by the way luigi handled a fight against a top caliber opponent like diego (in a fight in which nobody gave him a chance, and luigi nulified diego's wrestling, granted diego beat him standing) theres no doubt to me that Alves or GSP (even a rematch with Kos) would beat him thoroughly
Pookie
6/23/08 4:12:50AM
I agree that alves is a tough match-up for him. Against Koscheck though i would take diego
Leland
6/24/08 11:27:53AM
Beautiful fight for Diego. Luigi has improved as well. Diego did a spectacular job, and I want to see Kos fight with Diego at 100%