Diego's first loss will come to?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Diego's first loss will come to?
POLL: Diego Sanchez's firs loss?
Kozcheck 15% (5)
GSP 61% (20)
Hughes 18% (6)
Penn 3% (1)
Swick 3% (1)
Other (please specificy) 0% (0)
tamarslay3
2/13/07 11:41:42AM
I really have no idea what do you think.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
hippysmacker
2/13/07 11:43:36AM
The winner of GSP/Hughes 3. Doesn't matter which IMO. I think he's #3 right now and is year or 2 away from winning the title.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/13/07 11:52:02AM
Hard question to answer....whoever he fights first

BJ,GSP....or Matt Hughes.....but Diego is an animal and still improving so i wouldnt dought him

BJ if he works harder on his cardio...unanimous(3 rounds...5 rounds i give it to Sanchez)
GSP if he is still GSP when they fight..unanimous(3 or 5 rounds)
Matt Hughes is more experienced and would prolly win a close desicion(3 or 5 rounds)
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/13/07 4:02:48PM
I dont see Sanchez beating Rush in the near or far future lol
DoTheMMAth
2/13/07 4:10:35PM

Posted by hippysmacker

The winner of GSP/Hughes 3. Doesn't matter which IMO. I think he's #3 right now and is year or 2 away from winning the title.

I agree, but I think he has more of a chance with Hughes than GSP so I voted Georges
argile
2/13/07 7:47:52PM
He will lose to Josh Koscheck on april 7th.
tamarslay3
2/13/07 7:51:14PM

Posted by argile

ha ha ha ha yeah koscheck beating a striker come on koscheck can only wrestle
argile
2/13/07 8:05:45PM
wager?
hathcock32
2/13/07 11:05:42PM
Diego will beat KOS.....beat GSP....lost to Matt Hughes
Playground_Samurai
2/13/07 11:27:18PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree. IMO he's probably gonna lose to Hughes or GSP, whichever one he fights first. He and GSP are both pretty young, both being 25. I bet we get to see a couple great wars in the future between the two. I can actually see a future rivalry amongst them. IMO they're two of the greatest WW's in the world arleady and can only get better. They'll be fun to watch for a long time coming.
OB_Juan
2/14/07 12:36:43AM
Swick. Most definitely.

Since nobody has an actually functional crystal ball that I'm aware of it's hard to say who his opponents will be post Kozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. If they give Fitch a chance then he would be my choice.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/14/07 12:44:43AM
Im hoping Kos beats him.Im thinking Penn,GSP,and Hughes can beat him.
strikefirstgear
2/14/07 2:36:54AM
GSP will be his brick wall.
Stickan
2/14/07 4:58:59AM
I think he would beat everybody on that list except for GSP who would be a tough match-up for Sanchez. GSP would have a 60/40 shot at winning that fight IMO.
Snacks
2/14/07 5:11:08AM
Izuru Takeuchi.

Why? He's got that sick Sambo style.
crimethinc
2/14/07 5:35:06AM

Posted by tamarslay3

Posted by argile

ha ha ha ha yeah koscheck beating a striker come on koscheck can only wrestle

I wouldn't call Diego a striker persay. He's probably going to get that rep amongst new fans (i'm not calling you a new fan so don't get mad at me.) because of his impressive KO against Riggs, but his bread and butter is wrestling and jiu jitsu. Diego's striking has MUCH improved but I don't see a lot of striking being a facto in the Koscheck fight. I also see the Kos fight going the distance. Unless Koscheck controls Diego all three rounds he will lose the decision.

If Hughes fights Diego and Hughes comes in and fights the way he fought before he sat in the la-z-boy that was the WW title and remembers what the feeling of attaining is as opposed to defending, he will stop Diego.

If, and most likely when, Diego beats Koscheck I think realistically his first loss will come at the hands of GSP. He's being groomed for a title shot and I'm sure the UFC wants him to remain undefeated so they can use the "undefeated phenom vs. reigining champ" headline. I'm actually surprised they threw Koscheck at him and I think a lot of people are underestimating him. My pick is Diego by U Dec. but I won't be surprised if I'm wrong.
Pyrenus
2/14/07 10:25:36AM
I say GSP. I think Diego is #2 behind GSP in the division. I can see him eeking out a decision against BJ.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 10:37:48AM

Posted by Pyrenus

I say GSP. I think Diego is #2 behind GSP in the division. I can see him eeking out a decision against BJ.

and hughes?
madmarck
2/14/07 11:08:53AM
KOS i hope. Josh is just gonna destroy Diego IMO.
But if that doesnt happen then it will be the First Top 3 WW Sanchez faces.
Whether it be Hughes, Penn, Or GSP. I think he will lose to one of them the first time he faces them. Heck Penn,GSP,and Hughes all lost to the Champ or best in the world before they got the title.

PS why is Swick on this? He is very happen at 185 and wont cut to 170.
He weighs 190 prefight and he is far to small of a guy to cut 20 lbs. Not to mention Digeo could take him down at will at 170 or 185.