Is Diego one of the most explosive fighters in MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is Diego one of the most explosive fighters in MMA?
POLL: Is Diego hardest hitting WW in UFC
Yes 31% (11)
No 51% (18)
Don't give a crap 17% (6)
fedorwins1
3/7/07 2:04:12PM
I mean that shot on Riggs was so fast it kinda reminded me of Tyson! This kid has great potential and a fight with St. Pierre is a dream for me. I know alot of people don't like Diego but you can't deny his abilities in the octagon. Both of his las fights have impressed me very much, he almost stopped Karo with his first punch, then did stop Riggs with his first punch. Is Diego the hardest hitting WW in the UFC?
waylon_o
3/7/07 2:08:12PM
Quite possibly. The punch to Riggs was nastier, followed by one of the greatest knees i've seen in a while.
Mayo
3/7/07 2:21:32PM
The answer is YES.
And I will always put my money on Diego
madmarck
3/7/07 2:23:06PM
I have seen Diego has explosive. He is a great fighter. But it seems to me he likes to do things that you know are gonna happen. He is gonna take a guy down and GNP him. He did it all through Tuf, then to Kenflo,Gassaway, Diaz, Alessio, nad Karo to a less extent.
Most explosive fighter at WW is GSP hands down. He always starts off with a furious pace and just pushes it through the fight.
wkm311
3/7/07 2:23:30PM
I dont know about the hardest hitting, but he is bad ass. I think Koscheck is gonna take the fight though. Diego wrestling is his best weapon and Kos has better wrestling than Diego. His hands arent all that bad either...
Mayo
3/7/07 2:27:19PM

Posted by wkm311

I dont know about the hardest hitting, but he is bad ass. I think Koscheck is gonna take the fight though. Diego wrestling is his best weapon and Kos has better wrestling than Diego. His hands arent all that bad either...

Ok wkm311 let's see you put some money on it
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/7/07 2:34:38PM

Posted by wkm311

Im sending you a wager request for this one
loller90278
3/7/07 2:36:38PM
i wasn't impressed with his KO over riggs..
i'm not a diego hater, his fight with karo was a warrrrrrrrrrrr
madmarck
3/7/07 2:37:59PM

Posted by Mayo

Posted by wkm311

Ill put money on KOS any day. He is gonna KO diego.
seeger1
3/7/07 2:38:35PM
No doubt!!!! Diego is a monster in the cage.I love watching him fight,never a dull moment.He is always explosive in fights.A fighter i would love to see reach the top.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
MMA
3/7/07 2:55:53PM
I wouldn't say he is the most explosive fighter in MMA. Nor would I even claim that he is the most explosive fighter in the welterweight division in the UFC. Sanchez tends to constantly apply the pressure against his opponents instead of actually exploding all at once.

St. Pierre is a better example of an "explosive fighter" because he picks his shots against his opponents and then suddenly goes for a takedown or throw a barrage of punchs.
Mayo
3/7/07 2:56:05PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Mayo

Posted by wkm311

Ill put money on KOS any day. He is gonna KO diego.

To bad you don't have any money left, I just tried to wager you
Lay_N_Pray
3/7/07 5:00:59PM
Diego is by far the most explosive...he is like a little freakin energizer bunny on speed.

But GSP is the hardest hitter because he focuses much more on technique as far as striking goes compared to Diego.
zephead
3/7/07 5:43:27PM
Diego is a methodical fighter. He just keeps coming and coming. Now explosive, you have GSP, Liddell and AA. One minute they're are circling you, the next minute you're on your ass wondering what just happened. Think of the first AA/Slyvia fight. That right hand that Tim caught. GSP dropping Hughes. Chuck/anybody.Being explosive and just a sudden barrage, AA/Cabbage.
Stickan
3/7/07 7:43:00PM
Why is the question in the topic totally different from the question in the poll??

Being explosive doesn't necessarily mean you hit the hardest and "in MMA" and "in the WW division" is a big difference. Then it's "one of the most..."(as in top 5 maybe?) and "the hardest..:"(as in #1) but that I can live with.

Randleman is IMO one of the most explosive mixed martial artists alive but I doubt he hits as hard as Mirko, Fedor, Vov or even Lawler.

I think Diego is one of the most explosive fighters in the UFC WW division and maybe even THE most explosive but I don't think he hits the hardest.
Someguy
3/7/07 7:44:08PM
I have respect for Diego's abilities, wouldn't call him the most explosive or anything, but one thing I cannot get over is that he seems to be the dumbest guy in the sport. Honestly everything that comes out of his mouth makes me want to slap him with an english textbook.
hippysmacker
3/7/07 11:45:20PM

Posted by Stickan

Why is the question in the topic totally different from the question in the poll??

Being explosive doesn't necessarily mean you hit the hardest and "in MMA" and "in the WW division" is a big difference. Then it's "one of the most..."(as in top 5 maybe?) and "the hardest..:"(as in #1) but that I can live with.

Randleman is IMO one of the most explosive mixed martial artists alive but I doubt he hits as hard as Mirko, Fedor, Vov or even Lawler.

I think Diego is one of the most explosive fighters in the UFC WW division and maybe even THE most explosive but I don't think he hits the hardest.

Good point, Randleman is extremely explosive but not a great fighter IMO. Explosive to me means the abilty to go from still to incredibly fast powerful action. I think Sanchez is great and all , but I wouldn't say he is more explosive than GSP, KOS, or Fitch. I think what he does have is a really fast pace, and I think he will beat KOS by sub. I also think he will hold the welterweight belt at some time in the next 2 years.
Pyrenus
3/8/07 1:39:27PM
Diego's transitions on the ground are explosive.

He also has a TON of momentum on his side. Being undefeated, he fights with confidence. Guys that get KTFO lose a little something a lot of times.
Berti
3/8/07 4:58:50PM
i want to see diego vs bj penn...would tell all about diego.
fedorwins1
3/8/07 6:21:36PM

Posted by Stickan

xchickox
3/8/07 6:56:53PM
diego is awesome...i think he's got what it takes to be the number one ww in the world
poll77
3/8/07 7:31:54PM

Posted by Mayo

Posted by wkm311

ill take that bet too
poll77
3/8/07 7:33:55PM
i also think diego is a pretty damn good ww. i dont know if he wants any piece of gsp (or anyone else) but i would love to see diego fight hughes or penn (although i think penn is goin back to lightweight)