why would diego claim to have trained with fedor?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » why would diego claim to have trained with fedor?
Huckit
3/7/07 7:09:14PM
why would he lie about it? is he that sad? he may have gone to a one day training event with 100's of others but even fedor doesnt remember him lol. hes like a stalking fan
shackle
3/7/07 7:13:34PM
From what I've heard he has trained with him... not sure though.
Huckit
3/7/07 7:16:44PM

Posted by shackle

nar fedor said he never did lmao
waylon_o
3/7/07 7:20:37PM
What are you guys talking about? I've never heard this...
shackle
3/7/07 7:22:32PM
I beleave I seen it or heard it at sherdog.. might of been the radio show.
Stickan
3/7/07 7:26:59PM
When did Fedor say he never did?
Huckit
3/7/07 7:30:47PM
in a chatroom session with russian fans. was posted on sherdog
waylon_o
3/7/07 7:34:59PM
What did Diego say in the first place? someone fill me in please...
Stickan
3/7/07 7:35:03PM
Would like to see the context of it but I can't imagine Diego making up such a thing. I think he even mentioned it on Beatdown once. Fedor is a fan of the sport so I also doubt that he just didn't know who Diego was.
Huckit
3/7/07 7:37:46PM
he said he didnt train with him. not that he didnt know who he was.

it was the same interview he said couture was his favourite fighter i think
shackle
3/7/07 7:41:31PM
Source?

Posted by Huckit

Posted by shackle

nar fedor said he never did lmao

Jeffanori-Gomi
3/7/07 8:32:17PM

Posted by Huckit

he said he didnt train with him. not that he didnt know who he was.

it was the same interview he said couture was his favourite fighter i think

Actually Fedor did train with him. At a seminar and Jason Miller was there too. I mean if you can call a day with Fedor "training" with him

I saw pics on Sherdog on a thread and Diego was there
hippysmacker
3/7/07 9:07:54PM
I think it's just a question of semantics. Diego and Mayhem went to a training run by Fedor. That doesn't mean he left Jacksons camp and traind with Fedor. I don't think he was trying to claim he was one of Fedor's training partners. It's just been taken out of context in this thread
Huckit
3/7/07 9:22:18PM
why would 2 professional and top level fighters go to another fighters one day training camp lol. imagine crocop going to a public training day run by fedor. him sitting with everyone listening with intent
deadcore
3/7/07 9:25:20PM
perhaps they went to see him as fans?
hippysmacker
3/7/07 9:42:53PM

Posted by Huckit

why would 2 professional and top level fighters go to another fighters one day training camp lol. imagine crocop going to a public training day run by fedor. him sitting with everyone listening with intent

My guess would be is that he is considered the best there is by most people. If you don't swallow your Pride to learn from others you go the way of Hammerhouse and the Lions Den IMO. It's no different from Greg jackson telling Sanchez how to improve something to me.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 1:56:30AM

Posted by Huckit

Because its Fedor. And tickets to the camp were 300 dollars each. At the time Diego was a rising star and I think he went because he is humbled by Fedors talent and wanted to learn from the best, even if it was for a short period of time.

Plus I got my facts wrong the training camp was for 2 weeks.