Diego

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Diego
Next Page »
nubby
6/28/07 11:32:05PM
I just got done watching the Sanchez Parisyan fight and man can Diego kick some ass! I have a new found respect for that kid after that fight.
jdubs
6/28/07 11:54:05PM
what about koscheck when he beats down gsp, will any one have respect for kos then
Ydoc
6/28/07 11:59:38PM
Yeah. He was very impressive in that fight... his biggest problem is his lack of constancy, if he had that pace against John Alessio and Josh Koscheck he'd be unstoppable.
JWest12
6/29/07 12:33:05AM

Posted by jdubs

what about koscheck when he beats down gsp, will any one have respect for kos then

i dont think koscheck will be beating gsp. highly doubtful. ive not been too impressed by him. i think diego is a much better fighter, lets not mention the kos vs sanchez fight because that was the most boring thing ever.
cmill21
6/29/07 1:11:21AM
LOL GSP is one of the best P4P in the world. I don't even like him that much but I saw him baisically slip into the punch from serra that rocked him, so I see that fight as nothing more then a fluke, and it all left me wondering how Serra got the title shot anyways.
Piccosaur
6/29/07 1:19:22AM
Serra beat his ass, actually.
Scott_Revels
6/29/07 2:30:15AM
Maybe its the knowledge of being on a live free on TV broadcast, in which his Diaz, Riggs, and Parisyan fights were on.. It's like electricity. It gets the blood pumping..
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/29/07 7:22:42AM
Diegoo had staph infection around the fight time. He clearly wasn't the same fighter.
DevonFoxy
6/29/07 1:14:52PM
Please tell me your not giving me this staph stuff being his excuse. He has staph and got his butt kicked i don't remember him getten an offensive move the whole time. I like Diego hes a great talent he just didn't expect Kos not to try for a take down every second. He got beat he'll be fine but he lost Great fighters loose and Diego lost don't give him excuses hes not gonna use them so don't use them for him.
GrandMaster313
6/29/07 2:27:46PM
i still like Diego and have been rant'n and rave'n about this guy for the past year or 2, but when he "fought" Kos it looksed like he put no effort in the fight. Because of this he has a lost. Now I know everyone gets a lose on their record eventually (unless your floyd mayweather) but if you ask me I think Diego took out a bet on himself and threw the fight. He was a 3-1 odd plus im sure that "6 figure" contract isn't so great after taxes and other crap that you spend in Vegas . So when he lost a little bit of respect for the guy went out the window.
Dasklown
6/29/07 2:31:12PM

It's good to have a dream!
nubby
6/29/07 2:34:39PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Please tell me your not giving me this staph stuff being his excuse. He has staph and got his butt kicked i don't remember him getten an offensive move the whole time. I like Diego hes a great talent he just didn't expect Kos not to try for a take down every second. He got beat he'll be fine but he lost Great fighters loose and Diego lost don't give him excuses hes not gonna use them so don't use them for him.

The reason fighters don't like to bring up excuses are because of people like you who think that it's so black and white. It's easy for someone like you to say oh, well he shouldn't fight if he's sick or injured, But you forget these guys make their living off getting in that ring, so sometimes its not so simple to throw away that money and wait another 6-9 months for the re-schedule.

Kos may have been the better fighter that night but I still think Diego is the better fighter.

I feel the same way about GSP and Serra. GSP has some other issues though.

richieb19
6/29/07 2:35:22PM

Posted by nubby

I just got done watching the Sanchez Parisyan fight and man can Diego kick some ass! I have a new found respect for that kid after that fight.

Fantastic fight all around, but Karo was robbed in the decision.
DevonFoxy
6/29/07 2:37:07PM
come on now i don't think its gonna be a GSP beat down like the Serra fight (which IMO he slipped right into a punch and couldn't recover....no excuse tho the punch landed and Serra threw it he won fair and Square.) However i feel Kos is red hot and GSP is extremely focused and this should be an amazing fight i for one cant wait for.
DevonFoxy
6/29/07 2:40:09PM

Posted by nubby

The reason fighters don't like to bring up excuses are because of people like you who think that it's so black and white. It's easy for someone like you to say oh, well he shouldn't fight if he's sick or injured, But you forget these guys make their living off getting in that ring, so sometimes its not so simple to throw away that money and wait another 6-9 months for the re-schedule.

Kos may have been the better fighter that night but I still think Diego is the better fighter.

theres no way they would let him compete with a staph infection its very contagious and would be incredibly irresponsible.
shackle
6/29/07 2:49:59PM
I hate to say it, but kos is going to beat GSP. To be completely honest I'll be happy to see it happen besides bj penn people just hug GSP's nutts more than almost anyone, and it annoys be after awhile. Serra exposed GSP he isn't unbeatable, and he plays a role for the fans he was acting like a dick in some of his post fight interviews. Some people don't show their true selves, and I think gsp is one of those people.

I don't hate GSP I just get sick of hearing how he is the best in the world. I think his standup, and wrestling is very overrated too, he just looks good doing it. Hughes is no where near a striker so beating him standup doens't prove much. The same could with some of his other fights. I think he has just got good match ups most his career (wrestlers, and smaller guys with nearly no standup skill). Fighters very well rounded, big, and good standup will expose GSP.

I wouldn't be shocked at all the see KOS win.

Posted by jdubs

nubby
6/29/07 2:56:43PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by nubby

theres no way they would let him compete with a staph infection its very contagious and would be incredibly irresponsible.

You have no clue what their protocols are concerning those types of things and even with blood testing or screening there is never any way to catch it 100% of the time. These sort of things can just show up right before the fights or even a few days. Timing is the key.
richieb19
6/29/07 2:58:23PM

Posted by shackle

I hate to say it, but kos is going to beat GSP. To be completely honest I'll be happy to see it besides bj penn people just hug GSP's nutts too much, and it annoys be after awhile.

I would be VERY surprised if Kos is even able to last the first round with GSP. Everyone's quick to forget how good a fighter actually is after one loss. The only tool Koscheck has against St.Pierre is wrestling, and I don't see that as a problem in the slightest, as GSP's wrestling is SOLID... most people don't remember that it was him who kept taking Sherk down in their fight.
jdubs
6/29/07 3:01:24PM

Posted by Dasklown

It's good to have a dream!

?, did gsp not just recently get his ass kickes by serra???
DevonFoxy
6/29/07 3:02:55PM
no i completely agree with you I'm not trying to go against you or butt heads with you but I'm saying Diego didnt seem to effected by the staph when he pushed Koscheck at the weigh in and ive done high school wrestling and even they do an extensive skin search for any marks but i agree i don't know about there standards but i would hope they would be pretty good. But agian i have no idea what was going on with Sanchez he had a poor showing thats all i know and seeing the match between Kos and Sanchez on TUF it was pretty close and Kos knew nothing, so not trying to say he didnt have staph but to think if he had it and THATS the reason he lost to Kos, is a slap in the face to Kos.
shackle
6/29/07 3:09:51PM
Sherk is soooo much smaller then GSP. Thats why he went down to lightweight he shouldn't of been fighting at welterweight. Thats why it was so much harder for him to get take downs. Sherk standup isn't great either. Kos's standup is much better, and he is MUCH bigger then sherk.

I think Kos will beat him standing, and Wrestling. GSP stand up just looks flashy with all the kicks, and stuff. I think him, and Bisping have VERY overrated stand up. I'm not trying to say that a totally awful just saying their stand up isn't as great as people claim.

Posted by richieb19

Posted by shackle

I hate to say it, but kos is going to beat GSP. To be completely honest I'll be happy to see it besides bj penn people just hug GSP's nutts too much, and it annoys be after awhile.

I would be VERY surprised if Kos is even able to last the first round with GSP. Everyone's quick to forget how good a fighter actually is after one loss. The only tool Koscheck has against St.Pierre is wrestling, and I don't see that as a problem in the slightest, as GSP's wrestling is SOLID... most people don't remember that it was him who kept taking Sherk down in their fight.

hippysmacker
6/29/07 3:14:10PM

Posted by jdubs

I f he does he will IMO. However, I don't think he will.
richieb19
6/29/07 3:15:05PM

Posted by shackle

Sherk is soooo much smaller then GSP. Thats why he went down to lightweight he shouldn't of been fighting at welterweight. Thats why it was so much harder for him to get take downs. Sherk standup isn't great either. Kos's standup is much better, and he is MUCH bigger then sherk.

I think Kos will beat him standing, and Wrestling. GSP stand up just looks flashy with all the kicks, and stuff. I think him, and Bisping have VERY overrated standing up. I'm not trying to say that a totally awful just saying their stand up isn't as great as people claim.

First of all, Sherk has great hands... did you not watch him totally make a fool of Diaz? I agree that Kos is much bigger than Sherk, however GSP is still much larger than both, and to call him overrated is completely obsurd, his standup is far more versed than "flashy kicks", his grappling is extraordinary and his wrestling might actually be better than Kos'.
nubby
6/29/07 3:17:10PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

no i completely agree with you I'm not trying to go against you or butt heads with you but I'm saying Diego didnt seem to effected by the staph when he pushed Koscheck at the weigh in and ive done high school wrestling and even they do an extensive skin search for any marks but i agree i don't know about there standards but i would hope they would be pretty good. But agian i have no idea what was going on with Sanchez he had a poor showing thats all i know and seeing the match between Kos and Sanchez on TUF it was pretty close and Kos knew nothing, so not trying to say he didnt have staph but to think if he had it and THATS the reason he lost to Kos, is a slap in the face to Kos.

I don't want to take anything away from Kos but his fights are boring. I want to see some more action on the ground from the guy. But maybe he will develop that more in the future.
shackle
6/29/07 3:17:47PM
I guess we will find out come Saturday, August 25th, 2007 :)

Be ready for a upset.

Posted by richieb19

Posted by shackle

I think Kos will beat him standing, and Wrestling. GSP stand up just looks flashy with all the kicks, and stuff. I think him, and Bisping have VERY overrated standing up. I'm not trying to say that a totally awful just saying their stand up isn't as great as people claim.

First of all, Sherk has great hands... did you not watch him totally make a fool of Diaz? I agree that Kos is much bigger than Sherk, however GSP is still much larger than both, and to call him overrated is completely obsurd, his standup is far more versed than "flashy kicks", his grappling is extraordinary and his wrestling might actually be better than Kos'.

nubby
6/29/07 3:18:13PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by shackle

I don't know about that. Kos' wrestling is pretty damn top knotch.
richieb19
6/29/07 3:19:45PM

Posted by nubby

I don't know about that. Kos' wrestling is pretty damn top knotch.

So is Sherk's...
Aether
6/29/07 3:41:55PM
Josh Koscheck is one of the best wrestlers in the entire sport. No way is GSP's wrestling better. That being said I think GSP beats him in every single other aspect of the game, and is going to be winning this one convincingly after what he surely considers an embarrassing loss.
richieb19
6/29/07 3:45:16PM

Posted by Aether

Josh Koscheck is one of the best wrestlers in the entire sport. No way is GSP's wrestling better. That being said I think GSP beats him in every single other aspect of the game, and is going to be winning this one convincingly after what he surely considers an embarrassing loss.

Why does everyone think Koscheck is one of the best wrestlers in MMA?!?!?!?! There are sooo many fighters I can think of off hand that not only have better wrestling suited for MMA, but better wrestling backgrounds/resumes aswell...
Rush
6/29/07 4:58:17PM

Posted by richieb19
Why does everyone think Koscheck is one of the best wrestlers in MMA?!?!?!?! There are sooo many fighters I can think of off hand that not only have better wrestling suited for MMA, but better wrestling backgrounds/resumes aswell...

I think I can answer that. Probably because all they have is their buying into TUF hype. There are so many fighters out there that have great wrestling credentials, but people don't know it because they were not on TUF.

People say Gomi sucks on the ground, but he is a very accomplished wrestler. Most people probably didn' t know before he fought Diego (or still don't know) that Joe Riggs was a very decorated wrestler....etc.

Over the years I have seen guys step into the octagon and the announcers say that this guy is an all-state wrestler. When I see him in the cage, he doesn't even move like a wrestler. I take it with a grain of salt every time.

Pages: [1] 2