will diaz slug with gomi

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » will diaz slug with gomi
« Previous Page
JoeMimic
2/12/07 6:01:31PM

Posted by hathcock32

DIAZ 1rd KO....GOMi hasnt faced a true UFC opponet yet

I've seen some bad statements before but that's pretty god awful; have you ever seen Gomi fight?
menace
2/19/07 6:12:42PM
diaz has a tuff jaw...im gonna give this one to him, its to bad the japan people wont give a title for this one i guess you have to hang on to your only prospect
loller90278
2/19/07 6:50:37PM

Posted by menace

diaz has a tuff jaw...im gonna give this one to him, its to bad the japan people wont give a title for this one i guess you have to hang on to your only prospect

yeah, japan only has one "prospect"..
good thinkin there bub.
JunCTion
2/19/07 6:53:01PM

Posted by BabbyHughes

NIck is a tough kid, and has a rediculous chin. He will stand with Gomi, whether or not he is getting dominated. He is that subborn

Gomi > Diaz
Unanimous Decision

that's exactly what i thought and picked the same outcome
hathcock32
2/19/07 8:52:50PM
Yea ive watched most of his fights....the latest one agianst Aurelio where he got choked out. I like his toughness though he was completely out when the match ended....i like diaz a lot in this fight...1rd KO
JoeMimic
2/19/07 9:36:13PM
I can understand to say that you like such and such in this or that fight but to say that Gomi will lose because he hasn't faced a UFC fighter is just horrid. I'd say 6-7 of the top guys in that weight class don't even fight in the UFC.
DoTheMMAth
2/19/07 9:46:00PM
I give Diaz a good shot at sticking around in this one just because (for someone in that weight class) he can take a beating and (judging from his interviews) he is crazy... but in the end I feel Gomi will prevail. I'm a confessed Gomi nuthugger, and I just can't see Diaz taking a decision over Gomi in the (quite likely) even he survives the full fight. War Gomi!
OB_Juan
2/20/07 1:23:01AM
Of course he will trade. When has Diaz ever had an actual gameplan (besides not wanting to get taken down by Sherk)?
Svabbi
2/20/07 9:46:54AM
Diaz has got a big reach advantage so it will be harder for Gomi to knock him out that most people seem to think. I dont think this fight will end by KO, I predict Gomi by decision.
JunCTion
2/20/07 10:08:51AM

Posted by Svabbi

Diaz has got a big reach advantage so it will be harder for Gomi to knock him out that most people seem to think. I dont think this fight will end by KO, I predict Gomi by decision.

i also cant see a ko. from either. havent nicks last 4 losses come from mostly dominent ground guys (ground & pound / judo). i think the striking will be fairly even and their pretty close on the ground also (wins that is) i see nicks biggest issue will be ending the fight during the fight and not letting it go to the judges. gomi wins decisions / nick loses decisions

gomi - unanimous decision
hathcock32
2/20/07 7:40:27PM
Sorry for the comments....Gomi's a good fighter i just dont like him at all
nate22
2/20/07 7:44:21PM
I think i'm going Gomi KO.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/21/07 5:07:20PM

Posted by menace

The Japan people what are you serious? One prospect you got to be kidding.I guess Sakurai,Melendez,Kawajiri,Aoki are all losers.
keith-hackney1
2/21/07 5:16:32PM
I think diaz will slug all the way even if he gets out striked, he should take him down, rear naked choke the mofo and become a champ at last. My moneys on diaz, second round sub/tko.

THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/21/07 5:21:33PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I think diaz will slug all the way even if he gets out striked, he should take him down, rear naked choke the mofo and become a champ at last. My moneys on diaz, second round sub/tko.

Its not the championship.
JoeMimic
2/21/07 5:42:24PM
I hate when it's getting close to fight time...It makes me want to change my picks. I'm starting to think Diaz might be able to take Gomi down and sub him or hold on for a decision.
JunCTion
2/21/07 6:00:47PM

Posted by JoeMimic

I hate when it's getting close to fight time...It makes me want to change my picks. I'm starting to think Diaz might be able to take Gomi down and sub him or hold on for a decision.

i think diaz has a chance, because you know he doesnt want to go to another decision, so hes gonna be that much more aggresive
Pages: 1 [2]