will diaz slug with gomi

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » will diaz slug with gomi
Next Page »
jocksmall
2/11/07 7:34:12PM
he better not . if he does its a gomi knock out. is that what you think?
Spud
2/11/07 7:40:07PM
tbh, I have voted for Diaz to win in this fight.
it may be a little delusional but **** it.

the same has been said before he fought Lawler and look what happened.

I'm rooting for the under-dog and proud to say it.

Diaz has never been handed a gift, for which, the UFC are reknowned for.

I'd love to see Diaz shine but maybe my heart is thinking more than my head but with that being said :

WAR DIAZ!!!
Ydoc
2/11/07 8:23:20PM
I got Diaz in this one too. I think he wants and needs it bad enough, and I'm hoping he's awesome at that weight.
aceprone
2/11/07 8:31:20PM
Diaz has never been afraid against an opponent. He will stand in the box and trade!
JoeMimic
2/11/07 10:26:03PM
I think Nick will stand in there and trade with Gomi and he'll hang around alot longer then most people are expecting him to but I think Gomi will eventually catch him and put him to sleep. This coming from a Nick Diaz fan; you just can't deny the power of Gomi.
waylon_o
2/11/07 10:40:54PM
Diaz is just another Leben or Herman IMO...talks way too mucy ****. Gomi all the way. If he stands with Gomi (which I think he's going to try to prove that he can), he's gonna be carried back to the locker room.
BabbyHughes
2/12/07 12:27:14AM
NIck is a tough kid, and has a rediculous chin. He will stand with Gomi, whether or not he is getting dominated. He is that subborn

Gomi > Diaz
Unanimous Decision
JoeMimic
2/12/07 1:07:54AM

Posted by BabbyHughes

NIck is a tough kid, and has a rediculous chin. He will stand with Gomi, whether or not he is getting dominated. He is that subborn

Gomi > Diaz
Unanimous Decision

Nick has a great chin but even against Lawler there were a few shots that caught him a little and I would venture to say that Gomi hits harder.
aceprone
2/12/07 1:13:55AM
One thing that Diaz can't do in this fight is throw his short poppy punches with no power behind them.
deadcore
2/12/07 1:22:45AM
I don't think Diaz should be taking on the Eastern crowd yet. He can't even get to the top in the west.
hippysmacker
2/12/07 1:24:34AM
I'm also taking Gomi by decision. the question to me probably isn't will Diaz stand with Gomi, but should he? He probably will because he's cocky and thinks his signifigant reach wil help him. Both have great chin's, and NIck has fought a lot of bigger more powerful guys. Hoiwever, I see Gomi walking right threw his punhes and pummeling his body. The only way I see Diaz winning is if he puts aside his ego and try's to sybmit him. Also, it's not like Diaz has the greatest takedown's or physical strength, which limit's his sub chances.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/12/07 1:28:31AM

Posted by aceprone

One thing that Diaz can't do in this fight is throw his short poppy punches with no power behind them.

why cant he do this??

he can do it perfectly with someone like Gomi,since he dont throw them with much power and he can always dodge Gomi's bombs since his feet are always set and always balanced

its hard to counter diaz with bombs since he never over commits to a punch and is always ready to dodge..they are both very skilled boxers and this is exactly what its gonna be....

i have been watching boxing for a long time and 1 thing i have learned is that taller boxers with longer reach have the advantage..Diaz is 7 inches taller!!!!!

Diaz wins IMO..
Trapt1nw0nder
2/12/07 1:31:44AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'm also taking Gomi by decision. the question to me probably isn't will Diaz stand with Gomi, but should he? He probably will because he's cocky and thinks his signifigant reach wil help him. Both have great chin's, and NIck has fought a lot of bigger more powerful guys. Hoiwever, I see Gomi walking right threw his punhes and pummeling his body. The only way I see Diaz winning is if he puts aside his ego and try's to sybmit him. Also, it's not like Diaz has the greatest takedown's or physical strength, which limit's his sub chances.

why would Gomi walk straight in? and risk being taken down by the much bigger stronger guy?
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/12/07 1:42:35AM
Im picking this fight to be an upset.. I love Gomi gut I gotta feeling that Diaz is gonna take it.
hippysmacker
2/12/07 2:00:59AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by aceprone

why cant he do this??

he can do it perfectly with someone like Gomi,since he dont throw them with much power and he can always dodge Gomi's bombs since his feet are always set and always balanced

its hard to counter diaz with bombs since he never over commits to a punch and is always ready to dodge..they are both very skilled boxers and this is exactly what its gonna be....

i have been watching boxing for a long time and 1 thing i have learned is that taller boxers with longer reach have the advantage..Diaz is 7 inches taller!!!!!

Diaz wins IMO..

Gomi is 5 ft. 8 -Diaz is 6 ft.---that's 4 inches by my count. And I don't see Diaz being stronger than Gomi. Anyhing's possible , Diaz couild pull it off, but I doubt it.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/12/07 2:13:18AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by aceprone

why cant he do this??

Diaz wins IMO..

Gomi is 5 ft. 8 -Diaz is 6 ft.---that's 4 inches by my count. And I don't see Diaz being stronger than Gomi. Anyhing's possible , Diaz couild pull it off, but I doubt it.

i checked Pride's website and it says ..

Gomi...5'6''
Diaz...6'1''

unless i dont see well and that 6 is actually an 8

anyways..4-5 inches is still 4-5 inches
aceprone
2/12/07 2:34:03AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by aceprone

why cant he do this??

Diaz wins IMO..

The reason why I said this is because it's not going to hurt gomi. It's going to allow Gomi to get inside and throw some good body shots and some dirty boxing. Sherk took advantage of this. Sherk boxed Diaz when Diaz threw thoes small poppy shots.
gspfan31
2/12/07 2:36:29AM
he'll stand with gomi for the first minute until he gets hit with a hard punch, if he doesn't get knocked out from that then he'll take it to the ground
loller90278
2/12/07 2:36:49AM
i'll bet my $500 on gomi

any takers?
hippysmacker
2/12/07 2:51:44AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by aceprone

why cant he do this??

Diaz wins IMO..

Gomi...5'6''
Diaz...6'1''

I checked Sherdog fight findr, just know. It says Gomi 5-8 Diaz 6ft. Yes, it is a signifigant reach either way, but the differnce betweeen 4 and 7 is pretty large. Pride also, says Mark Hunt weighed 250 in a fight where he weighed over 290 at the weigh in's. Personally Gomi looks about 5-8 to me . I guess we'll find out when they get in the ring.
BabbyHughes
2/12/07 10:38:57AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by aceprone

why cant he do this??

Diaz wins IMO..

Gomi...5'6''
Diaz...6'1''

I checked Sherdog fight findr, just know. It says Gomi 5-8 Diaz 6ft. Yes, it is a signifigant reach either way, but the differnce betweeen 4 and 7 is pretty large. Pride also, says Mark Hunt weighed 250 in a fight where he weighed over 290 at the weigh in's. Personally Gomi looks about 5-8 to me . I guess we'll find out when they get in the ring.

good point
madmarck
2/12/07 10:41:33AM
Gomi by Sick KO.
Anyone else see Diaz gettin Quarry'd?
Pyrenus
2/12/07 11:08:21AM
I'm pulling for Diaz on this one.

He will absolutely stand and trade with Gomi. That has been a Diaz trademark all along.
madmarck
2/12/07 11:16:45AM

Posted by Pyrenus

He will absolutely stand and trade with Gomi. That has been a Diaz trademark all along.

And from now on we wil refer to gettin owned as
Diazed. Similiar to Dazed.
Cuz Gomi is gonna Knock him the FO.
jmoooooo
2/12/07 12:00:45PM

Posted by deadcore

I don't think Diaz should be taking on the Eastern crowd yet. He can't even get to the top in the west.

in the west diaz was fighting in the deepest division in mma....not getting to the top is hardly an insult to him.
hippysmacker
2/12/07 12:11:23PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Pyrenus

And from now on we wil refer to gettin owned as
Diazed. Similiar to Dazed.
Cuz Gomi is gonna Knock him the FO.

Diaz took shot's from Riggs and Lawler. Bigger ,stronger, harder puncher's IMO. He has a rock chin. I think Gomi's best chance to actually land a KO on Diaz is his brutal body shots, and he will need a lot of them to take out Diaz. I still say Gomi by decision.
hypocalking
2/12/07 12:14:30PM
Diaz striking isn't close to Gomi's.Diaz eyes are gonna look like this X X
brodieros
2/12/07 12:21:15PM
I'm a crazy Diaz fan, but if Gomi keeps a steady stream of punches coming he will get overwhelmed like the Sherk fight, except Gomi has power in his punches.
I'm still rooting for Diaz though.
kaduey
2/12/07 5:47:17PM
Diaz is a warrior. He runs his mouth and talks disrespectful but he puts on a good show no matterr what. Diaz has never been dominated by an opponent and Gomi's heart is very questionable. Diaz also has a huge reach advantage. I pick Diaz by sub in the last round.
hathcock32
2/12/07 5:59:26PM
DIAZ 1rd KO....GOMi hasnt faced a true UFC opponet yet
Pages: [1] 2