Diaz (T)KO 23% (9)
Sakurai (T)KO 15% (6)
Diaz Sub 40% (16)
Sakurai Sub 0% (0)
Diaz Decision 8% (3)
Sakurai Decision 15% (6)
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 12:21:16PM
As we all now know, Nick Diaz is fighting Hayato "Mach" Sakurai @ DREAM 5 for the WW Title.

Diaz is coming off an impressive TKO victory over Katsuya Inoue while Sakurai is coming off a submission loss to David Baron.

I took Sakurai out fo my top 10 after the loss, although i feel he still has the goods to demolish his opponent, however i feel he is very unfortunate to run into Nick right now. Nick has something to prove since his loss to Noons & I personally have always thought Nick seems to be on his A game when fighting in Japan.

I see Nick winning this one by Sub somewhere in the 2nd. how about u guys?
Cladrix
5/13/08 12:49:57PM
Nick Diaz by submission late in the second round.
Twenty20Dollars
5/13/08 12:59:06PM
ill take nick diazzzz by UD because he's krafty haa
Raykill
5/13/08 1:52:33PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

As we all now know, Nick Diaz is fighting Hayato "Mach" Sakurai @ DREAM 5 for the WW Title.

Diaz is coming off an impressive TKO victory over Katsuya Inoue while Sakurai is coming off a submission loss to David Baron.

I took Sakurai out fo my top 10 after the loss, although i feel he still has the goods to demolish his opponent, however i feel he is very unfortunate to run into Nick right now. Nick has something to prove since his loss to Noons & I personally have always thought Nick seems to be on his A game when fighting in Japan.

I see Nick winning this one by Sub somewhere in the 2nd. how about u guys?

coldchillin
5/13/08 3:49:40PM
this could end up being Fight Of The Year.
nickcuc547
5/13/08 4:46:58PM
i know sakurai just got subbed, but i think he will be pumped for this fight. mach is the better striker and better wrestler, and his sub defense will be good enough to pull out a win. will be a war though.
NatedawgThaM
5/13/08 7:34:06PM
My brain says Sakurai by decision since Diaz just does not have the striking to stand with Sakurai even though it's improved greatly and Sakurai is stronger and has good takedowns and I have always feared for Nick if he's gone against a strong wrestler with good sub defense. I'm not sure if he could sub Sakurai once it got to the ground.

My brain say Sakurai but heart says Diaz 2nd round sub. I just can't choose right now until the event get very close, I like the Diaz brother a lot!!!
cmill21
5/13/08 8:12:49PM
If he stands with Mach he will be demolished, that waving in the air could get him on a HL reel similar to Wand vs Sakuraba. I think Diaz could sub him but I'm going to guess Mach will do his best to take his legs out early to prevent the shot.
89vision
5/13/08 8:28:02PM

Posted by coldchillin

this could end up being Fight Of The Year.

im still going with sakurai

i dont really want to see either of them lose, two of my favorites (dislike for nate tho)
fedorwins1
5/16/08 8:40:45AM
Diaz by submission. His only problem will be taking Sakurai down IMO.
pv3Hpv3p
5/16/08 4:41:39PM
Sakurai has good balance and awesome standup... I could see this fight going a lot like Diaz vs Noons... They're both a couple of my favorite fighters, so it's tough for me to pick... I'll be happy either way as long as it's a good fight.