Diaz next opponant !!!!-

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Diaz next opponant !!!!-
keith-hackney1
3/5/07 10:27:36AM
I read on dailymotion that diaz could have to fight hanzen or kang before a title shot with gomi. anyone know the plan ???
If thats the case, then that proves that pride are protecting gomi's reign as champ and that is wrong, gomi for me is in top 3 but diaz is uncrowned champ !!!

Keith is dirty, dirty, dirty and dirty !!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
waylon_o
3/5/07 10:36:24AM
I'm not a Diaz fan at all and can't stand him, so you could argue that I'm biased...He most definitely beat Gomi fair and square, nothing funny or fishy about it...but I don't see anything wrong with making him fight Denis Kang for a title shot. Yes he beat Gomi, but his career and last few fights (excluding the Gomi victory) aren't worthy of a major Pride title. If he can get past Kang, then by-all-means he needs a title shot. But...that's what's messed up about Pride. A stupid situation like this is what they deserve for having champions fight people and not put their titles on the line. I think that's dumb.
CWall33
3/5/07 11:30:19AM

A stupid situation like this is what they deserve for having champions fight people and not put their titles on the line. I think that's dumb.

I agree. A Diaz/Gomi rematch should take place as soon as possible (i.e. as soon as Diaz is healed up.)

Pride having their champions fight non-title bouts is very strange to me.
Does anyone have a good explanation as to why they do it this way?
madmarck
3/5/07 12:47:26PM

Posted by CWall33

A stupid situation like this is what they deserve for having champions fight people and not put their titles on the line. I think that's dumb.

I agree. A Diaz/Gomi rematch should take place as soon as possible (i.e. as soon as Diaz is healed up.)

Pride having their champions fight non-title bouts is very strange to me.
Does anyone have a good explanation as to why they do it this way?

Yeah Diaz should get the immediat rematch.
And Keith what makes you think Diaz is gonna fight Kang? Hansen i can see he is in the same weight class. But 183? Thats insane. There is no way Diaz will ever fight above 175 IMO.
loller90278
3/5/07 1:10:18PM
yeah i dont see any reason why diaz would fight kang.. two different weight classes.. i could see a mach vs diaz tho

but i'd rather see gomi diaz II for the title
cowcatcher
3/5/07 1:16:32PM
diaz deserves an immediate shot, no ifs ands or buts, he beat the man he should be the man. i am not a fan of diaz at all, he's a close second to sausage tits hogar for my least favorite fighter, but he did what he said he would do, and i think he could beat gomi again.
richieb19
3/5/07 1:31:58PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Gomi the Bushido Lightweight champion? With Pride putting a stop to Bushido all-together, wouldnt that mean that Gomi can't defend that title anymore anyways, it's like a GP belt, just etched in time... I could be wrong though...

Either way, I agree with the threadstarter (and pretty much everyone else), divisional championship belts should always be on the line, the only disregard for this rule I can deem acceptable would be if the champion loses in a GP match.

As far as a rematch goes, I hope it happens sooner than later, and in Japan. Diaz proved his worth in the lightweight division's top ranks with a solid chin, decent standup and great submissions, but Gomi f'ed him up none the less, and under Pride Japan rules, that fight could have taken a very different path. A rematch between the two would be fun to watch regardless of the winner.
pv3Hpv3p
3/5/07 2:07:55PM

Posted by richieb19

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Gomi the Bushido Lightweight champion? With Pride putting a stop to Bushido all-together, wouldnt that mean that Gomi can't defend that title anymore anyways, it's like a GP belt, just etched in time... I could be wrong though...

Either way, I agree with the threadstarter (and pretty much everyone else), divisional championship belts should always be on the line, the only disregard for this rule I can deem acceptable would be if the champion loses in a GP match.

As far as a rematch goes, I hope it happens sooner than later, and in Japan. Diaz proved his worth in the lightweight division's top ranks with a solid chin, decent standup and great submissions, but Gomi f'ed him up none the less, and under Pride Japan rules, that fight could have taken a very different path. A rematch between the two would be fun to watch regardless of the winner.

I think that the fight would have been over in the first if Pride rules were in effect... Gomi never had a chance to use stomps/soccer kick, when he dropped Diaz with the big right, Nick seemed to still have his wits about him and postured towards Gomi with his guard ready...

And I don't know if I remember correctly, but I don't think Gomi ever had him in a N/S position, or any other advantageous position to land knees...

When I think of it, how bad would have Gomi looked if Pride was having 10 minute first rounds? He looked gassed and beaten at the end of the first... He landed some nice shots, but Diaz decisivley won the round, IMO, and if there were another 5 minutes I don't think that Gomi could have stood there and taken the punishment...
madmarck
3/5/07 2:39:21PM

Posted by cowcatcher

diaz deserves an immediate shot, no ifs ands or buts, he beat the man he should be the man. i am not a fan of diaz at all, he's a close second to sausage tits hogar for my least favorite fighter, but he did what he said he would do, and i think he could beat gomi again.

Does anyone like Sam Hoegar anymore? (did anyone ever). At least Nick Diaz talks enterataing trash.
Diaz gets radio interviews to bash fighters (beatdown), While Sam is left to the Forums (got warned on Sherdog for fighter bashing). Sam gets caught stealing while Diaz cant even Steal a belt (even though the PrideLw should be his). Sam has a stupid beard. Diaz has a weird looking face so his terrible beard is ok.

Yet Sam still gets signed to the UFC even though Diaz is better in so many of the above ways.
keith-hackney1
3/5/07 3:36:40PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by richieb19

I think that the fight would have been over in the first if Pride rules were in effect... Gomi never had a chance to use stomps/soccer kick, when he dropped Diaz with the big right, Nick seemed to still have his wits about him and postured towards Gomi with his guard ready...

And I don't know if I remember correctly, but I don't think Gomi ever had him in a N/S position, or any other advantageous position to land knees...

When I think of it, how bad would have Gomi looked if Pride was having 10 minute first rounds? He looked gassed and beaten at the end of the first... He landed some nice shots, but Diaz decisivley won the round, IMO, and if there were another 5 minutes I don't think that Gomi could have stood there and taken the punishment...

I bet if it had gone to a decision gomi would have won on the scorecard !!
Dana white said pridefc are on the way out, if they keep showing championship fights without a belt then they may as well call it a day. Its wrong for the sport. A few posts ago i got critisized for saying dana doesnt protect his fighters, as pride do. Dana does protect his fighters, like pridefc but my point is simple, dana makes it a title bout so at the night of the fight, neither fighter is safe from loosing. Its down to who's better prepared, but even so, the belt is still there for the underdog to take... why not in pride for Diaz ???!! Why pit diaz against the champ if he's not worthy of the belt ????
This was a match up of pride wanting their star to beat a class 1 ufc fighter, Thats why there was no belt, coz of the possibility of under estimating diaz on the feet. and it went tits up.
Explain that one pridefc fans !!!!
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/5/07 3:42:15PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by richieb19

I bet if it had gone to a decision gomi would have won on the scorecard !!
Dana white said pridefc are on the way out, if they keep showing championship fights without a belt then they may as well call it a day. Its wrong for the sport. A few posts ago i got critisized for saying dana doesnt protect his fighters, as pride do. Dana does protect his fighters, like pridefc but my point is simple, dana makes it a title bout so at the night of the fight, neither fighter is safe from loosing. Its down to who's better prepared, but even so, the belt is still there for the underdog to take... why not in pride for Diaz ???!!
Explain that one pridefc fans !!!!

Im a huge Pride fan but I got to say that PRIDE business and marketing sucks in comparison to UFC and Dana White Business model. The UFC does shelter their fighters only to build momentum for the bout and not to pad the stats of their champions
BloodandTears
3/5/07 3:58:37PM
I'm all over the Diaz - Gomi rematch
RichBoy
3/5/07 7:37:17PM
Diaz might out for a while he just failed his drug test for marijuana.
poll77
3/5/07 11:26:06PM
diaz should get a rematch, or i guess you should say that GOMI should get the rematch with diaz
jdubs
3/6/07 12:30:56AM
his next match is w/ bubba behind bars
CWall33
3/6/07 12:31:17AM

Posted by RichBoy

Well, that sure changes things up a bit.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6902

Stupid.
EB
3/6/07 1:49:06AM
diaz should definatly get a rematch with gomi for the title as soon as he gets cleared, BUT i sure would love to see a diaz/hellboy matchup too
EB
3/6/07 1:53:49AM
on another note, how does his medical suspension work exactly? he got suspended by an american body, but PRIDE is a japanese company... can he still fight if the event is IN japan?
Stickan
3/6/07 2:23:01AM
Diaz vs NSAC.
Svartorm
3/6/07 2:34:07AM

Posted by EB

on another note, how does his medical suspension work exactly? he got suspended by an american body, but PRIDE is a japanese company... can he still fight if the event is IN japan?

Yup, its only enforceable in the US. Thats why Vitor and Kimo have been over in England in Cage Rage, as they're still suspended in the US.
allmotormark
3/6/07 3:14:26AM
ok i am new to the pridefc ins and outs ,why is it that gomi's title wasn't on the line??? against diaz ,

besides that lucky punch, diaz beat gomi down so bad i though it was embarassing for gomi. man he just beat him sensless, i think diaz is entertaining for the fans , not a good "sport" but he is fun to watch....

was that 2 middle finger salute to ufc ???

i am new to the prid stuff but been watching ufc for years and alot of canadian mma stuff so i have been reading as much as i can on pride and i like there shows seem to be very fun to watch
EB
3/6/07 3:14:29AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by EB

Yup, its only enforceable in the US. Thats why Vitor and Kimo have been over in England in Cage Rage, as they're still suspended in the US.

i thought so, thanks for clarifying that. so basically this doesnt hurt him at all in japan then, so he should get the rematch as soon as he is healed up imo
CWall33
3/6/07 4:32:39AM

Posted by EB

Posted by Svartorm

i thought so, thanks for clarifying that. so basically this doesnt hurt him at all in japan then, so he should get the rematch as soon as he is healed up imo

However, I would think that if Diaz ever wants to fight in Nevada again, he will abide by the NSAC ruling.
migo
3/6/07 6:19:43AM
The medical suspension and drug suspension are concurrent. Considering Diaz needs to heal anyway, he'll probably abide by the ruling regardless of whether he has to.

Barnett was able to fight in Nevada again even though he split and ran to Japan after testing positive for steroids.
madmarck
3/6/07 10:04:11AM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by RichBoy

Stupid.

He can still fight in Japan. And since the next Pride USA show is cancelled that is likel where he will fihgt next.
keith-hackney1
3/6/07 3:49:33PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by CWall33

Posted by RichBoy

Stupid.

He can still fight in Japan. And since the next Pride USA show is cancelled that is likel where he will fihgt next.

cannabis is not a performance drug so diaz will slip outta that one !!!
Emagine gomi getting in the ring with this thing below !!!! E.T with a wig on !!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1