Diaz v Noons 2?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Diaz v Noons 2?
POLL: Who will win the 2nd fight?
Diaz 69% (27)
Noons 31% (12)
postman
7/26/08 11:49:20PM
Anyone else Think if Diaz trys to stand with Noons it will be the same as the last fight? I like Nick but I think his stand up is sub par.
Twenty20Dollars
7/26/08 11:54:27PM
I think diaz beats noons. At unfinished business that is the Nick Diaz i wanted to see fight, an angry, pissed off, guns blazing, nick diaz. I got to see the nick diaz that knocked out robbie lawler. That's what diaz needs to show up against noons.
DiabloFreak56
7/26/08 11:55:08PM
i am a diaz nuthugger but i mean... i think nick can win this time... he doesnt cut as easily, and i think he can outstrike noons and if it goes to the ground he can sub noons.
postman
7/26/08 11:57:46PM
I think he needs to take it to the ground, and don't see why he wouldn't. I think he lets his pride get in the way and lets face it Noons has really good hands I think on the feet is a bad place for nick to be in that fight. Not to mention I really like watching him roll.
DiabloFreak56
7/26/08 11:59:33PM

Posted by postman

I think he needs to take it to the ground, and don't see why he wouldn't. I think he lets his pride get in the way and lets face it Noons has really good hands I think on the feet is a bad place for nick to be in that fight. Not to mention I really like watching him roll.

i dont see how you think his stand up is sub par... he outstruck lawler, he was striking great with gomi, and you saw him tonight. i dont see how he has sub par stand up when most of his fights are won by ko
postman
7/27/08 12:06:32AM
Offensivly he looks good but he gets hit alot. I prob over stated it with sub par and should have said something more along the lines of he leaves himself open to be hit and with a boxer like Noons he will be asking for trouble.
KYGUY07
7/27/08 12:22:01AM
diaz fought great tonight, if he fights noons again, im taking diaz
SpiderSilva
7/27/08 12:35:18AM
yeah Diaz did look good I would pick him in the fight but it would be better for him to take the fight to the ground
telnights
7/27/08 12:37:32AM
Nicks stand up is good but he leaves his chin out there a lot and doesn't use his head movement enough. What makes his stand up good is he knows his reach really well and he has a long reach. But If he fights someone that's stand up is great and has a good gas tank he will be in trouble if he doesn't take it to the ground. He got caught a few times tonight but lucky for Diaz he has a good chin and the otehr guys gas tank just wasn't there. He looked good in tonight's fight but he should have looked good he was fighting a can and Nick still had the same problems he has always shown in his stand up. Nick needs to use his stand up as a means to take it to the ground. He seams to let his cockiness get the best of him a lot and thinks his stand up is on par with the best out there when really in a scale of 1-10 he is around a 6.
postman
7/27/08 12:40:02AM

Posted by telnights

he should have looked good he was fighting a can and Nick still had the same problems he has always shown in his stand up.

That is what I was trying to say these Miller lites make it so hard sometimes.
whardin19
7/27/08 1:17:02AM
Diaz looked good tonight I agree. But, if he does have his rematch with Noons he'd be better off taking it to the ground. Denny was hitting him with everything in the beginning of that fight. Kind of worried me. But being 37 he finally gassed about the mid point of the first, that's when Diaz took over.

I agree Diaz would be better off taking his next fight with Noons to the ground.
casketcoin
7/27/08 5:25:41PM
diaz wins. the cut thing wasn't really a win in my opinon. more like a no contest. total different fight this go around
mach
7/30/08 10:36:21AM
The real question is why hasn't Nick Diaz fought (and subsequently been brutally murdered by) Sakurai yet

Diaz needs to change up his gameplan if he wants to beat Noons and by gameplan i mean not get punched in the face so much, getting plastic surgery for your scar tissue is only gonna get you so far
jiujitsufreak74
7/30/08 5:25:00PM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

Posted by postman

i dont see how you think his stand up is sub par... he outstruck lawler, he was striking great with gomi, and you saw him tonight. i dont see how he has sub par stand up when most of his fights are won by ko

Diaz's stand-up is not sub par. anyone who can out-strike Gomi, Lawler and Lytle has good stand up. the only problem is that Noons is a former professional boxer, and a good one at that. Diaz will have to get to the ground if he wants to win, because Noons has shown that his boxing skills have transcended into MMA and that he has the power and technique to finish quality opponents. it will be a close fight, but i'll be rooting for my JJ guy to tap him out
gsquat
7/30/08 5:31:17PM
Diaz's standup looks horribly weak. He's just able to weather other's standup because his head is so hard. Nicks strikes are accurate but weak as hell. He looks like he lacks so much power. If he's smart he'll do everything in his power to get the fight to the ground... but on the feet it'll be the same as last time if not worse.
jiujitsufreak74
7/30/08 5:40:24PM

Posted by gsquat

Diaz's standup looks horribly weak. He's just able to weather other's standup because his head is so hard. Nicks strikes are accurate but weak as hell. He looks like he lacks so much power. If he's smart he'll do everything in his power to get the fight to the ground... but on the feet it'll be the same as last time if not worse.

yes, his strikes don't look like they have too much behind it, but, that doesn't mean they aren't powerful. take Anderson Silva. tbh, it doesn't look like he is throwing his punches too hard but rather just extending his arm. but, out of nowhere his opponents drop after he connects a few and then the fight is over. looks can be really deceiving, especially when you have great accuracy. any fighter with long arms such as Diaz and Silva don't appear to be throwing their punches that hard when in fact they are. to find a good example of how Diaz's punches are deceiving, watch the Lawler fight. it looks like he is tapping hip and then all of a sudden Robbie is rocked. so all i am saying is that he punches harder than we think.
mrkennedy
7/31/08 3:20:03AM
diaz by tko round 2
pv3Hpv3p
7/31/08 12:24:26PM
I think Nick should try to dilligently work on his TD's... His bjj is superslick and he wouldn't have a problem subbing noons... But his TD's are just aweful... If he could swallow his pride and take this fight to the ground, he's a champ in no time, and there wouldn't be anyone in that div that can touch him... But if he lets his emotions get the best of him and try to out bang Noons it could end up like the first fight... Not saying he couldn't win standing, but if he just took the easy road, but KJ on his back and pulled his arm off... Sounds elementary to me
Mattchoo
7/31/08 6:09:44PM
To be fair, if your a professional fighter, your going to punch pretty damn hard. Maybe not as hard as a pure striker but still its gonna have some sting to it.

Ive picked Noons to win simply because I dont like Diaz
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/31/08 11:36:14PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by gsquat

yes, his strikes don't look like they have too much behind it, but, that doesn't mean they aren't powerful. take Anderson Silva. tbh, it doesn't look like he is throwing his punches too hard but rather just extending his arm. but, out of nowhere his opponents drop after he connects a few and then the fight is over. looks can be really deceiving, especially when you have great accuracy. any fighter with long arms such as Diaz and Silva don't appear to be throwing their punches that hard when in fact they are. to find a good example of how Diaz's punches are deceiving, watch the Lawler fight. it looks like he is tapping hip and then all of a sudden Robbie is rocked. so all i am saying is that he punches harder than we think.

******* PWNED! JJ FREAK FTW!
Jason-plata
8/2/08 1:14:54PM
Nick by murder in the 2nd.... Nicks stand up is great... He has showed this numerous times, yet his game is still looked down on. I do not know why....
Who else does he need to knock out??

1) Blaine Tyler tko punches
2) Jeremy Jackson tko
3) Robbie Lawler ko
4) Drew Fickett tho strikes
5) Koji Oishi ko
6) Gleison Tibau tko strikes
7) Katsuya Inoue tko towel
8) Muhsin Corbbrey tko punches
9) Thomas Denny tko punches

Thats pretty impressive for a sub par striker...
DiabloFreak56
8/2/08 10:31:46PM

Posted by gsquat

ROFL you think his strikes are weak? did you see the lawler fight? did you see the gomi fight? or did you see his last fight vs denny. knocked out lawler. knocked down denny, and i dont know if you saw gomi's had keep snapping back. but idk if you wanna see for yourself just ask him hell show you
bls1919
8/3/08 11:26:39PM
WAR Diaz i hope this fight hapens
BionicIng
8/4/08 1:29:20AM
diaz is a slow starter and conditioning plays a big part in his strategy, noons can be explosive early on. not great for diaze but if he can hang on until later in the fight it will work to his advantage