Diaz Failed Drug Test

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Diaz Failed Drug Test
Next Page »
Cags85
3/5/07 7:37:58PM
Do I get my 400$ back that I had on gomi please?
xthe_scottx
3/5/07 7:41:30PM
Actually, all the fighters at PRIDE 33 tested clean including Nick Diaz.

Source
bayonetxwork
3/5/07 7:44:58PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Actually, all the fighters at PRIDE 33 tested clean including Nick Diaz.

Source

Actually, LINK
xthe_scottx
3/5/07 7:50:45PM
Oops. That wasn't there when I checked Sherdog earlier. Sorry everyone.
Cags85
3/5/07 8:28:06PM
I just read that a weed violation is only a suspension...thats lame
loller90278
3/5/07 8:40:47PM
ALL GOMI NUTHUGGERS RISE AND BLAME THE MARIJUANA!! BLAME BLAME BLAME!
jdubs
3/5/07 8:49:42PM

Posted by Cags85

ha thats funny man, i dont see why not
hippysmacker
3/5/07 8:50:11PM
I'll paste it to save time .This might explain that really weird interview where he looked calm for once, and still seemed to be rambling randomly from thought to thought.

Breaking News: Diaz Tests Positive for Marijuana
Options: Email Article | Printer Friendly

March 5, 2007
by Josh Gross (joshg@sherdog.com)

Nick Diaz (Pictures) has tested positive for marijuana following his stunning submission win over Takanori Gomi (Pictures) on Feb. 24, Sherdog.com learned Monday afternoon.

According to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, Diaz is the only mixed martial artist tested on the PRIDE 33 card to return a positive result for a banned substance.

The 23-year-old welterweight from Stockton, Calif. declined to comment on the news. Diaz' manager, Cesar Gracie (Pictures), offered his support to Diaz while saying he does not condone the use of marijuana.
Diaz captured his PRIDE debut versus Gomi, the Japanese organization's 161-pound champion, in spectacular fashion. Afterwards, it was learned that Diaz had suffered a fractured orbital bone and was medically suspended up to six months. While the NSAC has discretion, suspensions for the use of marijuana have been for a similar period of time.
Maybe he couldn't feel Gomi's punches
Jamie98s
3/5/07 8:54:33PM
I read on mmaweekly that the fight can be changed to a no contest,if so, Do we get money we lost on Gomi back? Since diaz cheated.

I read some points on mma weekly how weed can help you during a fight, such as being more resistent to pain,thus being able to take more punches.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
3/5/07 8:55:56PM

Posted by Cags85

You are sol. Had a similar thing with Sakuraba vs. The Greaser on NYE K-1. They paid all the people already so unless they can get everyone who bet on Diaz to give back the $, bye bye $400. I would wait to get my winnings if it meant drug tests would count.
Northrend
3/5/07 9:01:16PM
I am by all means a Gomi nutthugger but even I think that this has no say in how Diaz beat Gomi and its sad if people seriously blame the loss cause of weed.
richieb19
3/5/07 9:08:46PM

Posted by Jamie98s

I read on mmaweekly that the fight can be changed to a no contest,if so, Do we get money we lost on Gomi back? Since diaz cheated.

I read some points on mma weekly how weed can help you during a fight, such as being more resistent to pain,thus being able to take more punches.

To a very small extent yes, it would be better used as a way to mask pain while training though...
madmarck
3/5/07 9:17:59PM

Posted by Cags85

I would say no. Unless the fight goes to a No Contest. Besides he smoked some Pot. Its not performance enhancing.
Pot is a banned substance in MMA just b/c it is a illegal drug. It has nothing to do with making a athelete perform better. If you put 400 on Gomi its your own fault.
jdubs
3/5/07 9:37:57PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Cags85

I would say no. Unless the fight goes to a No Contest. Besides he smoked some Pot. Its not performance enhancing.
Pot is a banned substance in MMA just b/c it is a illegal drug. It has nothing to do with making a athelete perform better. If you put 400 on Gomi its your own fault.

i dont think its so much about that rather than the moral of the matter.. damn it diaz lets keep mma clean, this aint the nba of nfl
wkm311
3/5/07 9:48:03PM
Man that sucks for him, but he should have thought about that before he smoked that shit....
Dadaman
3/5/07 9:50:48PM
This is more than anything a moral issue that has been raised against Nick Diaz. It really doesn't surprise me at all he tokes, more power to him in that case.

Comming from someone who smokes regularly I'll say that it doesn't hinder pain AT ALL. If anything it hurts you more than helps you. Lessens your cardio.

Who cares. It's 2007, and Diaz is a 23 year old.

LEGALIZE IT. If the commission overturns it to No Contest, then I'll cry bloody murder.
madmarck
3/5/07 9:51:28PM

Posted by wkm311

Man that sucks for him, but he should have thought about that before he smoked that shit....

Well its not like they can strip the title for him anyways.
I hope he beats Gomi in a rematch, Then lights up right after. Is Pot illegal in Japan?
Cobbs666
3/5/07 9:56:49PM
diaz is a pimp
Jamie98s
3/5/07 10:06:24PM
i thought he looked out of it during the post fight interview,if you watch it again , He takes a 4 second rest break every 3 words,i thought it was just because gomi rocked his world,but now i see ITS THE WEED. Seriously, Watch the post fight again knowing he was high,its hilarious
Thalzaar
3/5/07 10:44:34PM
Have you ever beaten Takanori Gomi?
Have you ever beaten Takanori Gomi....ON WEED?!?

lol, sorry, I read that article and thought about that movie Half Baked.
madmarck
3/5/07 10:45:08PM

Posted by Cobbs666

diaz is a pimp

Becasue he smokes dope? How does that work out?
waylon_o
3/5/07 10:45:55PM

Posted by Jamie98s

i thought he looked out of it during the post fight interview,if you watch it again , He takes a 4 second rest break every 3 words,i thought it was just because gomi rocked his world,but now i see ITS THE WEED. Seriously, Watch the post fight again knowing he was high,its hilarious

I seriously doubt he was high right after the fight for the press conference...that's retarded. I was a major pothead for about 6 years and it in no way-shape-or form helps you as a fighter. It makes your reflexes slower and lessens your cardio. WEED CAN NOT HELP YOU WIN A FIGHT AT ALL
loller90278
3/5/07 10:51:38PM
O'GOMI RULES!
(O DOYLE RULES!)
madmarck
3/5/07 10:52:17PM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by Jamie98s

I seriously doubt he was high right after the fight for the press conference...that's retarded. I was a major pothead for about 6 years and it in no way-shape-or form helps you as a fighter. It makes your reflexes slower and lessens your cardio. WEED CAN NOT HELP YOU WIN A FIGHT AT ALL

Maybe he was out of it after the fight. From getting PUNCHED IN THE FACE! Wow. Nobody thought of that yet. How could he have smoked anyways after the fight. Indoors i would have set off a fire dector or some shit. Not ot mention im sure Ceasar said he doesnt Condone it. Diaz would have had to gone outside the arena. When there were 1000's of people exiting and light up. Im sure somebody would have seen it. And that we would have got wind of it prior to this drug test. God nobody thinks anymore these days.
Good post Jamie98.
Gogoplata
3/5/07 10:56:24PM

Posted by Jamie98s

Cheated? I wouldn't go that far. Use a banned subtance? Yes. Cheated? No. Trust me, as a marijuana user, it is not a "performance enhancing" drug in any way, shape, or form. In fact, it is the exact opposite of that. Diaz beat Gomi's ass fair and square.
waylon_o
3/5/07 10:56:46PM
I was saying that he wasn't high during the interview dude
poll77
3/5/07 11:09:48PM
I do not think anyone should get their money back on the fight. Marijuana is by no means a performance enhancing drug.
crimethinc
3/5/07 11:12:28PM
People need to grow up a little bit. Using any drug, especially an illegal one, that is banned by the NSAC is a violation of the rules which all fighters are well aware of and because of this infraction Diaz will be punished accordingly. Pot had nothing to do with his defeat over Gomi. It looked more like Gomi was high during that fight then Diaz. Let's all stop watching our copies of "Reefer Madness" and act like we've seen someone smoke pot before. It's not like he was toking up in the locker room. It was just in his system.
MonkeyPus
3/5/07 11:34:34PM
Huckit
3/5/07 11:35:41PM
weed stays in system for awhile doesnt mean he was on it during the fight
Pages: [1] 2 3